Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.15][Parts] Dynasat Satellites and Solar Panels - new parts! (rel. 0.6) Jun-11

Spacecraft Engineer

[0.15][Parts] Dynasat Satellites and Solar Panels - new parts! (rel. 0.6) Jun-11

Thanks to large improvements and developments in Space Technology in Kerbin, managers of Dynamic Hardware, inc. have decided to switch their industrial production from heavy trains and cable cars to satellites and solar panels.

Decision was taken to use PowerTech Technology for their products.

PowerTech technology allows the satellite to always remain oriented towards Kerbin (or the body which it is orbiting), and orient its solar panels towards Kerbol.

Release 0.6.1 has all parts updated to 0.15 visual standards All models have now a normal map showing additional detail.
    Solar panels have been brought to the advanced standard of the PowerTech Plugin. So efficiency of panels is calculated according to exposed area and shadow by spacecraft.

Also, separate configuration files are provided for solar panels:
    - a set compatible with ZOxygen plugin: you can use these solar panels to regenerate ZO2 for your Kermen.
    - a set compatible with MuMech Variable Tank plugin and electrical Energy: you can use these tanks for generating energy and recharging batteries.

Dynamic Hardware Inc. has recently used some surplus tanks and batteries to build new Space Station equipment :
    - 1.5 m Battery Pack
    - 1.5 m ZO2 Tank
    - 1.5 m DynaStation Crew Module with ZO2 System
    - 1.5 m DynaThrust Ion engine
    - small additional ZO2 Tank (radial attach)

These equipment are compatible with Electrical Energy and Zoxygen plugins. Of course you can use Dynasat panels to charge de battery and regenerate ZO2 (via Kreuzung\'s ZO2 filter included in Electrical Energy plugin).

v.0.6.1 is a bugfix version (see change log)

Other equipment will follow:

- Ion RCS block (to be confirmed)
    - ZO2 filter (to be confirmed)

These parts require Zoxygen and Electrical Energy plugins (included in download)

DynaStation crew module with ZO2 System

Small ZO2 Tank

DynaThrust Ion Engine

Dynasat Battery Pack

Dynasat ZO2 Tank

Dynasat L100
    Small communication satellite, thought for LKO (Low Kerbin Orbit). The satellite will be identified by the 'Dynasat' id.

Dynasat S180
    Medium-sized communications satellite

Dynavolt K30 solar panels
    Small solar array for small satellites and space stations

Dynavolt P60 solar panels
    Medium sized solar array for satellites and space stations.

Both panels are compatible with Zoxygen, Elactrical Energy and MuMech technology

(here seen with Probodobodyne parts)

Dynasat Adapter.
    This is a concentrate of technology, it allows any satellite built on top of it to use PowerTech technology, It will keep itself oriented toards Kerbin and have the 'Dynasat' id. Does not allow solar panels of the satellite to be animated.

[size=12pt]Download here v 0.6.1:[/size]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u2q6l4m76b4p67d

Links to other plugins:
    PowerTech: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/...p?topic=9533.0
    Electrical Energy: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/...?topic=11402.0
    Zoxygene: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/...p?topic=9763.0

[size=12pt]Installation Notes[/size]
    (Note: the download contains all needed plugins with the correct version for inter-operating.)

- Install the content of the Dynasat folder. That includes Version v0.2.5 of PowerTech plugin

- If you want compatibility with I00\'s Zoxygen plugin, also install the contents of the DynasatZoxy folder. The folder includes version 0.5.2 of the Zoxygen dll. You need the complete Zoxygen plugin to make it work

- If you want compatibility with Kreuzung\'s Electrical Energy plugin, also install the contents of the DynasatElectric folder. The folder includes version 1.8.4.1 of MuMechLib and version 1.2 of the Electrical Energy dll. You need the complete Electrical Energy plugin to make it work.

- If you want new parts (Battery Pack, ZO2 Tanks, Ion Engine, ZO2 Crew Module) install the content of folder DynasatPowerParts

Thanks to Alchemist to help solving some problems with the models. Thanks to l00 and Kreuzung for supporting their plugins

Please report bugs and problems.

Change Log:
    v.0.6.1
    - revised cfg for ion engine and battery
    - solved problem of solar panels being dismembered after acrivating the craft from Tracking Station

v.0.6
    - added new parts: Crew Module with ZO2 System, Ion Engine and smallZO2 Tank

v.0.5
    - added new parts: Battery Pack and ZO2 Tank
    - decreased power generated by Dynavolt K30 panel
    - updated plugins

v.0.4
    - updated visual models to 0.15 standards
    - updated solar panels to latest PowerTech standard
    - alternate cfg files for compatibility with Zoxygen Plugin
    - alternate cfg files for compatibility with MuMechLib and Electric Energy Plugin

v 0.3
    - Compatibility with 0.15 and PowerTech 0.2.2
    - Modified collider of Spheresat to adapt better to 2m fairing
    - Changed description of Spheresat

v 0.2
    - Added Spheresat S180 satellite and K30 Solar Panels
    - Changes texture of Dynasat L100
    - fixed attach points of meshes

v 0.1.1
    - Bugfix: corrected module name in Dynavolt panels

v 0.1
    - First release
    Per aspera ad astra

Re: Dynasat Satellites and Solar Panels (using PowerTech technology) (rel. 0.1)

Good job, I like the first model! One problem though, I cannot select the solar panel, it says it does not work in this version of KSP. I have the plugin installed and I am running on 0.14.4.
    "Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, 'It might have been.'"

This is pretty amazing. It also gives me an idea. A \'space telescope,\' of sorts. Let\'s say Hubble. We could loft it up into orbit, then decouple it. From the flight control center, we could even 'pilot' it. By \'pilot,\' I mean that we can control it\'s spacial orientation. If we wanted to aim at a precise point in space, we could do that. If we wanted to look at our lunar base from kerbin orbit, we could do that. Oh, the possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.

Downloading it now, will test your parts later tonight or tomorrow. Appreciate it!

I finally have an avatar Emilio's Avatar

Looks cool !
    But should\'nt it go in 'plugin powered add-on releases' ?
    "The only moment when you have too much fuel, is when your engine is on fire"

PowerTech Chief Engineer Alchemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis425 View Post
    Good job, I like the first model! One problem though, I cannot select the solar panel, it says it does not work in this version of KSP. I have the plugin installed and I am running on 0.14.4.
    That\'s my vain. In v0.2.1 of the plugin I changed the name of panel module to SolarPanels_PowerTech :-[ The old name was pretty silly, it appeared only because the first part of that type was solar panels for Vlad\'s space station (and he haven\'t released them yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
    This is pretty amazing. It also gives me an idea. A \'space telescope,\' of sorts. Let\'s say Hubble. We could loft it up into orbit, then decouple it. From the flight control center, we could even 'pilot' it. By \'pilot,\' I mean that we can control it\'s spacial orientation. If we wanted to aim at a precise point in space, we could do that. If we wanted to look at our lunar base from kerbin orbit, we could do that. Oh, the possibilities.
    I have plans to upgrade PowerSat. It will have a control panel with multiple features, including ability to select different attitude modes - for example, target a specified celestial body or an absolute direction (for interplanetary relays and telescopes).
    Check out my new KSP series Kerbal Rocket Alchemy. That's not rocket science!

The DynaSat is pretty nifty and I like its more compact size, it makes it easier to wrap fairings around it and the like.

However, the solar panels tell me they\'re unavailable in this version of KSP. I am running 14.4, and have installed the PowerSat plugin from its own thread. The DynaSat and PowerSat work flawlessly, but the solar panels are a failure. Is there a separate code for them in your own plugin in the OP? I neglected to install it, seeing as I\'d already installed the plugin from the official thread.

PowerTech Chief Engineer Alchemist's Avatar

Just change
    module = StationPanels
    to
    module = SolarPanels_PowerTech
    in the config of MRZdynaVolt

And one more new feature of PowerTech.dll v0.2.1:
    add this
    Code:
    rightRotate = -1
    to the panels config and the left panel will deploy facing up not down (So that the panels are not facing different ways)
    Check out my new KSP series Kerbal Rocket Alchemy. That's not rocket science!

Spacecraft Engineer

Re: Dynasat Satellites and Solar Panels (using PowerTech technology) (rel. 0.1.1)

I have released v.0.1.1 with the change suggested by Alchemist (please see first post)
    Thanks for support to Alchemist.

Maraz
    Per aspera ad astra

Rocketry Enthusiast

Re: Dynasat Satellites and Solar Panels (using PowerTech technology) (rel. 0.1.1)

How to I get the panels to deploy?