Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Community Base 3.0 - multiple bases, limited actions allowed - see rules

Junior Rocket Scientist khyron42's Avatar

Mod Community Base 3.0 - multiple bases, limited actions allowed - see rules

[size=18pt]Community Mod Bases 3.0[/size]

Welcome to the community base thread for Modded craft! The previous version only had Mun bases, but with the addition of Minmus and aircraft engines, it makes sense to have bases on all three landable bodies. Please read the rules and the how to request a flight section!

[Spoiler: Rules]

[Spoiler: Here\'s how to request a turn]

The goal isn\'t to have everyone put things where ever they like and just have a shared save file. You can do that with the Kessler software, or in another thread, not here.

The goal isn\'t for everyone to set up their own Mun or Minmus base with twenty of their own rovers, a sauna, and a jukebox. You can do that without anyone else around.

The goal is to build a set of Community Bases. Where there\'s only a few bases, and each player adds their own special something to one of the bases one at a time. It ends up being a glorious mess of player A\'s little lander because he just wants to add something, player B\'s big fuel depot, player C\'s entire french cathedral made entirely out of wing parts, player D\'s rocket-propelled fighter plane, etc. When player E comes in for a landing he should be having to find a place to land among or just outside stuff added gradually over time by other players.

I\'m kicking things off with a first base on Minmus, and Carts for the first plugin. The persistence file is attached and will be updated as people finish their turns!

[Spoiler: Current Bases]

Past Flights:
    [Spoiler: Key]
    1. Khyron42 - Minmus Rover - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - added Carts mod
    2. Candre - SEV - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
    3. dogon11 - DogonHabitation-1 - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - BACE 3.1 and Novapunch added by special exception since he expected MisterSpork\'s flight to add Novapunch.
    4. MisterSpork - Cloria I HQ - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - no mod added
    5. Candre - HTV - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
    6. Khyron42 - E Aho Laula - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - no mod added
    7. sirscott - Munar Communications Unit - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - added MechJeb mod
    8. luciencd - Mun rover mk3 - Aluminium Oxide base (Mun) - added Sunbeam Laser
    9. zekes - Zekes 1 & 'Zekes 1 Debris' rover - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - added Thunderbird 3
    10. dogon11 - DogonHabitation-2 - Lake Kostok Base (Kerbin) - no mod added
    11. speedollama - CLORIA I SHUTTLE - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - no mod added
    12. Radion Space Works - Titanic Habitation Module - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - Probodobodyne added
    13. Candre - Falcon33-Rover - Thrionian Cloria 1a, Planitia Livens (Minmus) - no mod added
    14. MisterSpork - Thrionian 1a Rover - Thrionian Cloria 1a, Planitia Livens (Minmus) - no mod added
    15. xeranes - Space Outhouse - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
    16. Tim_Barrett - Pizza Delivery Mk2 - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
    17. Cooly568 - Community Space Hotel - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - added mobile Space Port
    18. zekes - Z-BL3 - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - added ExPI
    19. TheCardinal - Gabriel 13 - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - added IFE
    20. RedDwarfIV - Aspiration Observer- Aspiration Base (Mun) - added C7\'s old Mod pack
    21. Candre - RCS Lander - Aspiration Base (Mun) - no mod added

Upcoming Flights:
    On all of the ones stating 'no new mod announced', they\'re still free to add one - and the ones that people have listed can change - you don\'t have to announce your mod ahead of time, just your destination so that we can tell when new base options are likely to open up.

on hold to photograph the bases before 0.16 arrives!
    shhhilent1 - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no new mod announced
    khyron42 - Lake Kostok Base (Kerbin) - plans to add Fixed Camera mod
    dogon11 - Lake Kostok Base (Kerbin) - no new mod announced
    zekes - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - no new mod planned
    Cthulufaic - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - no new mod planned
    speedollama - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - new mod TBD
    TheCardinal - Aspiration Base (Mun) - plans to add Damned Robotics 1.2
    Lord Wasteland - Aspiration Base (Mun) - plans to add Kosmos Station Parts Pack

Here\'s what you\'re expected to do when your turn comes around:
    - make sure you have all the previously used mods installed.
    - add one additional mod if you like.
    - download the latest persistence file.
    - to check that the mods are all installed, go to the tracking station. If you get any message about a vessel not being loaded because of missing parts, you\'re missing one of the previously used mods.
    - make sure your craft doesn\'t use any parts other than the ones in those mods and the one you\'re adding. (The simplest way to do this is to use a separate install of KSP for the community flights, with only the appropriate mods installed.)
    - fly your flight.
    - if you\'re landing a rover, put on the handbrakes to keep it from rolling away when someone else lands (B key). If you\'re landing a plane you may have to retract the landing gear, or just accept the fact that it will roll away during future landings by others.
    - Make a post in this thread with the persistence file as an attachment, a link to the forum thread for the mod you\'ve added, and a screenshot showing all craft that have landed at the current base, not just yours.

If you are defining a new landing site on your turn, after landing I recommend that you submit it as a place name to the Kerbin Geographic Society thread over in General Discussion.

[Spoiler: Currently Needed Mods]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    What I've done in 0.23:

Friendly Neighborhood Mod sal_vager's Avatar

Re: Mod Community Base 3.0 - multiple bases, mod parts allowed

I wouldn\'t mind putting something at the 2nd KSC, maybe something with wings, but I won\'t have much time over the next few days, so if it\'s ok can you place me in slot 3 on the flight list?
    Check out the Linux compatibility thread!
    Crashing? Look here! Need support? Tell us what's wrong.
    Also the Forum Rules (very important), the Challenge Guidelines (useful) and the Good Conduct Guide (by me, wooo!)

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer

I\'ll try to get some rovers down on the Lake of Broken Landers on Minmus. Maybe the basic cart and the Mun rover models, if you\'re okay with more than one mission per flight window.

EDIT:
    Base: Lake of Broken Landers, Minmus
    Craft: a Multi-Purpose Roving Vehicle (MPRV) and a Small Exploration Vehicle (SEV)
    I might add a small lander into the mix if I have the time; the design is pending.
    No new mods required

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer Misterspork's Avatar

Base request:
    Owner: Misterspork
    - Thrionian Cloria I Base

-- New Mun Base
    -- New mod: NovaPunch(I actually had a hard time deciding between this, BigTrak, and MechJeb, but I felt for my first base NovaPunch would be best. Ooohh, I have some crazy plans for later bases)

-- Additional Info:
    --- No specified landing site(I feel like I wouldn\'t be able to do this efficiently without MechJeb or a calculator), will be equatorial
    --- This is the first in a line of many 'Cloria' bases, designed to sustain a small crew and contain supplies for an extended period of time. These are not self sustaining however, and will need occasional resupply flights(Will I need to actually do these?)
    --- Later, we will shift to self-sustaining 'Degnin' class bases, designed for a much larger crew, and the size of a large factory building.
    --- Not built as of the time of this posting, but will be built roughly 14 hours from now, and flown immediately after.

KINETIC FREEFALL: Space Warfare Evolved
    A KSP Series

Episode One: The Spark Of War

Episode Two: Shadows

Episode Three: Atmosphere

Are You Frustrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Candre View Post
    I\'ll try to get some rovers down on the Lake of Broken Landers on Minmus. Maybe the basic cart and the Mun rover models, if you\'re okay with more than one mission per flight window.

EDIT:
    Base: Lake of Broken Landers, Minmus
    Craft: a Multi-Purpose Roving Vehicle (MPRV) and a Small Exploration Vehicle (SEV)
    I might add a small lander into the mix if I have the time; the design is pending.
    No new mods required
    Candre: one ship per turn. Then after your turn you can say 'put me back on the list.'

Added Candre, MisterSpork and Sal_vager to the flight list.

Candre, it\'s your turn! In past setups, it\'s worked best to build a separate install of KSP to do the community bases, with only the required mods, and save the persistence file into that separate install. That was you don\'t end up accidentally including extra mods from your primary install, and don\'t endanger your main install\'s persistence file.
    What I've done in 0.23:

I request a turn to land a habitation module down on Minmus next to the rover. It will use BACE and NovaPunch.
    Apparently, ICBM delivery ain't a bad idea.

-BHD

Glorious! I was hoping to see a new community base. I have improved a little since the last time I flew here , and more importantly can now use mechajeb =P

Anyways , id like a slot for the Mun base if possible. I have some ideas for a solar panel array.

So I guess we know which one mod you\'re adding, sirscott (if no one does before you.)

What I've done in 0.23:

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by khyron42 View Post
    Candre: one ship per turn. Then after your turn you can say 'put me back on the list.'
    Sure thing. Gonna go get a clean install and then land the SEV.

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer

EDIT:
    Destination: Candre\'s Minmus Base.
    added mods: none.
    Pm me if you need help in KSP.
    my gifs:
    [img width=200 height=150]http://i.imgur.com/0pLsj.gif[/img]