[size=18pt]Community Mod Bases 3.0[/size]
Welcome to the community base thread for Modded craft! The previous version only had Mun bases, but with the addition of Minmus and aircraft engines, it makes sense to have bases on all three landable bodies. Please read the rules and the how to request a flight section!
1. All flights must be flown with the latest KSP build, Presently KSP 0.15.2, and all current required mods. If your computer can\'t handle the full set of mods, TheCardinal has offered to help build limited mod sets to let you still fly - PM him when your turn comes up.
2. All flights must be requested in advance, to be added to the upcoming flight List. You need to specify landing site details:
- If you plan to add to a craft one of the existing bases, specify which base your flight is planned for.
- If there is no base yet on your target planet/moon, or if the existing base already has at least 5 craft landed there, you can specify 'new <planet/moon> base.' Land at a location of your choice, and provide the name for the new base when you post your save. Exceptions to the 5 craft rule can be made if a landing site is too hard or too laggy before there 5 craft there.
- Instead of launching a new craft you can plan to move one of your existing ones from one base to another. Specify '<base name> to <base name> transfer' on your flight request.
3. I\'ll send you a PM and post in the thread when it\'s your turn to go. If you see that the person before you in the queue has posted their save file and I haven\'t gotten the notice out to you yet, definitely go ahead and start your mission!
4. At the end of your flight please post your persistent.sfs file as well a picture of the base.
5. Each person can add one mod on their turn, but doesn\'t have to. If you added one, post the name of the mod and a link to the forum thread for it in your after-flight post.
6. If you do not post a file within 48 hours, you are removed from the list and must request a new entry.
6a. If you warn me ahead of time and ask to put your turn on hold for up to 48 hours if it comes up, I\'ll just keep bumping you down instead of waiting for you to fly when you\'re not available.
7. If you screw up, you can try again in the same turn.
8. Have Fun![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Here\'s how to request a turn]
Sign me up for a flight.
Destination base: Base name from the list below.
Planned additional mod: Optional, doesn\'t have to be announced, but it has to be a SINGLE mod that you will add, in addition to being able to use the mods that were added before your flight.
Current allowed bases:
Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus)
Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun)
Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun)
Lake Kostok Base (Kerbin)
Thrionian Cloria 1a, Planitia Livens (Minmus)
Aspiration Base (Mun)[/spoiler]
The goal isn\'t to have everyone put things where ever they like and just have a shared save file. You can do that with the Kessler software, or in another thread, not here.
The goal isn\'t for everyone to set up their own Mun or Minmus base with twenty of their own rovers, a sauna, and a jukebox. You can do that without anyone else around.
The goal is to build a set of Community Bases. Where there\'s only a few bases, and each player adds their own special something to one of the bases one at a time. It ends up being a glorious mess of player A\'s little lander because he just wants to add something, player B\'s big fuel depot, player C\'s entire french cathedral made entirely out of wing parts, player D\'s rocket-propelled fighter plane, etc. When player E comes in for a landing he should be having to find a place to land among or just outside stuff added gradually over time by other players.
I\'m kicking things off with a first base on Minmus, and Carts for the first plugin. The persistence file is attached and will be updated as people finish their turns!
The Lake of Broken Landers - 36 deg. 0\' 51' S, 334 deg. 55\' 36' W (or 25 deg. 04\' 24' E)
Current craft: 7 landed, 1 scheduled
Thrionian Cloria 1a, Planitia Livens - 89 deg. 59\' 59' N, 393 deg. 33\' 51' W (or 33 deg. 33\' 51' W)
Current craft: 2 landed, 0 scheduled
Thrionian Cloria I Base - 0 deg. 42\' 44' N, 115 deg. 26\' 34' E
Current craft: 6 landed
Aluminium Oxide base - 05 deg. 45\' 10' S, 05 deg. 8\' 20\' W
Current craft: 3 landed, 3 scheduled
Aspiration Base - location [spoiler=Warning! Gives away the Munolith location]09 deg. 49\' 42' S, 25 deg. 54\' 54\' W[/spoiler]
Current craft: 2 landed, 1 scheduled
Lake Kostok base - 79 deg. 52\' 50' S, 86 deg. 22\' 13' W
Current craft: 1 landed, 2 scheduled
Undamaged - No damages.
Lightly Damaged - Small damages, able to fly.
Medially Damaged - Heavy damages, able to fly.
Heavily Damaged - Unable to fly.
Out of Fuel-Little/no damage, little/no fuel.[/spoiler]
1. Khyron42 - Minmus Rover - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - added Carts mod
2. Candre - SEV - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
3. dogon11 - DogonHabitation-1 - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - BACE 3.1 and Novapunch added by special exception since he expected MisterSpork\'s flight to add Novapunch.
4. MisterSpork - Cloria I HQ - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - no mod added
5. Candre - HTV - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
6. Khyron42 - E Aho Laula - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - no mod added
7. sirscott - Munar Communications Unit - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - added MechJeb mod
8. luciencd - Mun rover mk3 - Aluminium Oxide base (Mun) - added Sunbeam Laser
9. zekes - Zekes 1 & 'Zekes 1 Debris' rover - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - added Thunderbird 3
10. dogon11 - DogonHabitation-2 - Lake Kostok Base (Kerbin) - no mod added
11. speedollama - CLORIA I SHUTTLE - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - no mod added
12. Radion Space Works - Titanic Habitation Module - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - Probodobodyne added
13. Candre - Falcon33-Rover - Thrionian Cloria 1a, Planitia Livens (Minmus) - no mod added
14. MisterSpork - Thrionian 1a Rover - Thrionian Cloria 1a, Planitia Livens (Minmus) - no mod added
15. xeranes - Space Outhouse - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
16. Tim_Barrett - Pizza Delivery Mk2 - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no mod added
17. Cooly568 - Community Space Hotel - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - added mobile Space Port
18. zekes - Z-BL3 - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - added ExPI
19. TheCardinal - Gabriel 13 - Thrionian Cloria I Base (Mun) - added IFE
20. RedDwarfIV - Aspiration Observer- Aspiration Base (Mun) - added C7\'s old Mod pack
21. Candre - RCS Lander - Aspiration Base (Mun) - no mod added
On all of the ones stating 'no new mod announced', they\'re still free to add one - and the ones that people have listed can change - you don\'t have to announce your mod ahead of time, just your destination so that we can tell when new base options are likely to open up.
on hold to photograph the bases before 0.16 arrives!
shhhilent1 - Lake of Broken Landers (Minmus) - no new mod announced
khyron42 - Lake Kostok Base (Kerbin) - plans to add Fixed Camera mod
dogon11 - Lake Kostok Base (Kerbin) - no new mod announced
zekes - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - no new mod planned
Cthulufaic - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - no new mod planned
speedollama - Aluminium Oxide Base (Mun) - new mod TBD
TheCardinal - Aspiration Base (Mun) - plans to add Damned Robotics 1.2
Lord Wasteland - Aspiration Base (Mun) - plans to add Kosmos Station Parts Pack
Here\'s what you\'re expected to do when your turn comes around:
- make sure you have all the previously used mods installed.
- add one additional mod if you like.
- download the latest persistence file.
- to check that the mods are all installed, go to the tracking station. If you get any message about a vessel not being loaded because of missing parts, you\'re missing one of the previously used mods.
- make sure your craft doesn\'t use any parts other than the ones in those mods and the one you\'re adding. (The simplest way to do this is to use a separate install of KSP for the community flights, with only the appropriate mods installed.)
- fly your flight.
- if you\'re landing a rover, put on the handbrakes to keep it from rolling away when someone else lands (B key). If you\'re landing a plane you may have to retract the landing gear, or just accept the fact that it will roll away during future landings by others.
- Make a post in this thread with the persistence file as an attachment, a link to the forum thread for the mod you\'ve added, and a screenshot showing all craft that have landed at the current base, not just yours.
If you are defining a new landing site on your turn, after landing I recommend that you submit it as a place name to the Kerbin Geographic Society thread over in General Discussion.
[spoiler=Currently Needed Mods]
SUNBEAM Laser 2.1
Probodobyne DIY kit v0.5
Mobile Spaceport v1.1
C7\'s old mod pack[/spoiler]