Thread: Orbiter Multi-Fuctional Display for KSP

Senior Rocket Scientist

Orbiter Multi-Fuctional Display for KSP

Can someone make a plug-in window that allows you to view your orbital map without pressing M and without a cartoony style view?
    I got the idea from Orbiter\'s MFDs and would REALLY appreciate it if someone could take the time to make such a plug-in. Are there any bored coders out there that can whip something like this together?
    Here\'s an example:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

If someone could do this, do you have an estimate on how long it will take?
    Project Mercury
    ---------------
    David Icke = Complete idiot.

Re: Orbiter Multi-Fuctional Display for KSP

I thought about it, but I don\'t know hot to get orbit information (Ap, Per, ApT, PeT, etc).
    D: | : D | D:

Senior Rocket Scientist

[quote author=Vlad. Just Vlad. link=topic=13272.msg233233#msg233233 date=1341515221]
    I thought about it, but I don\'t know hot to get orbit information (Ap, Per, ApT, PeT, etc).
    [/quote]

Easy. AP is the highest point in the orbit. Per is the lowest point in the orbit. ApT is the time until the Ap and PeT is the time until the Pe. The orbital map gives us all of this, so you could integrate that with the plug-in. However MechJeb did it is probably the best way to go.
    Project Mercury
    ---------------
    David Icke = Complete idiot.

Hmmmm, have you thought of using the Eldeberry Ni Telemetry system?

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/...?topic=11403.0

It\'s primarily used for mapping, but I think it would do what you want.
    The Single Minded Schizophrenic, The Original Unified Committee, The Master of the Brief Infinity, Or was that the Infinity Briefs?
    This and all other notifications shall not be misconstrued as an alien invasion, unless said notification is specifically notarized as being an alien invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentMcConnell View Post
    Easy. AP is the highest point in the orbit. Per is the lowest point in the orbit. ApT is the time until the Ap and PeT is the time until the Pe. The orbital map gives us all of this, so you could integrate that with the plug-in. However MechJeb did it is probably the best way to go.
    You didn\'t undertand me. I know what that means, but I don\'t know how to get information about ship\'s orbit.

Update:
    I understood how to get orbit information. It remains only to make a plug-in that draws MFD\'s GUI and orbit with using formulas. I\'ll try to make it, but I\'m not promise.
    D: | : D | D: