Page 384 of 805 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 8045

Thread: [PART, 0.25] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - v2.4.0

As GitHub only says 404 if I try to report the bug, I'll report it here:

As I entered Kerbin's atmosphere, all objects in my game stopped moving. The GUI and the timecounter weren't affected by this.
    My KSP.log is full of these entries:
    Code:
    MechJeb module MechJebModuleThrustController threw an exception in Drive: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at MuMech.CelestialBodyExtensions.RealMaxAtmosphereAltitude (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at MuMech.VesselState.TerminalVelocity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at MuMech.MechJebModuleThrustController.TerminalVelocityThrottle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at MuMech.MechJebModuleThrustController.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at MuMech.MechJebCore.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Yes, there are a couple of other mods I use, but it ran smoothly until now.

Aviation Lights,
    City Lights,
    Kerbal Joint Reinforement,
    Docking Port Alignment Indicator,
    Nova Punch2,
    Part Catalog,
    Remote Tech 2,
    Stretchy Tanks

Sorry if this has been posted before, but, well... 384 pages to wade through.

I installed MechJeb 2.1 by extracting the .zip into my GameData directory, per the instructions. There are now two subdirectories inside GameData: Squad and MechJeb2.

I loaded my saved career game. The MechJeb part in the VAB says it requires an "Entry Purchase" in R&D. I went to the R&D lab, located the part in the "Flight Control" tech node (previously researched) and clicked on it, confirming when prompted that I wanted to research the part. I went back to the VAB... and the MchJeb AR-202 case still says it requires an Entry Purchase. Went back to R&D, now there are two MechJeb parts listed under Flight Control. Researched the part a second time, returned to VAB; same deal. I have now researched this part three times, and it is still not available for use.

Do I need to start a new career game in order to use MechJeb2?

There are no other mods installed.

If you install mods after unlocking the correct part of the tech tree, you need to go to the tech tree and reunlock it. You will see a red number on the tech tree node. Then on the right, click on the part and click unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkonen View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but, well... 384 pages to wade through.

I installed MechJeb 2.1 by extracting the .zip into my GameData directory, per the instructions. There are now two subdirectories inside GameData: Squad and MechJeb2.

I loaded my saved career game. The MechJeb part in the VAB says it requires an "Entry Purchase" in R&D. I went to the R&D lab, located the part in the "Flight Control" tech node (previously researched) and clicked on it, confirming when prompted that I wanted to research the part. I went back to the VAB... and the MchJeb AR-202 case still says it requires an Entry Purchase. Went back to R&D, now there are two MechJeb parts listed under Flight Control. Researched the part a second time, returned to VAB; same deal. I have now researched this part three times, and it is still not available for use.

Do I need to start a new career game in order to use MechJeb2?

There are no other mods installed.
    Might be a problem with your save file. I had this problem with other parts before. One thing I had to do was edit the save file (it's just a text file, use Notepad++ on it) and remove a bunch of duplicate parts from the tech fields in the save file. And the same part was also scattered across several of those tech fields. In that specific case it happened because I added the tech requirements to all parts missing it before the specific parts pack was officially updated and the mod author then updated it. Because I'd used a blanket catchall that was different than the one that was officially assigned to that part the game ended up adding it to a second tech field which confused it because in the R&D it knew that I had purchased it but in the VAB it saw that I still hadn't.

The save file is persistent.sfs, right? What am I looking for? I deleted the redundant entries for the AR-202, but it still wasn't available in the VAB. I started a new game, flew a couple of missions to gain enough science to research Flight Control with the AR-202, and it's still not available. I guess my next step is to try deleting and reinstalling KSP.

I'm having no luck getting MechJeb to show up at all. I've read the instructions and tried several times. I've copied the MechJeb2 folder to the Game Data folder. I've deleting all KSP folders and reinstalled more than once. Incidentally, I've used the Kerbal Engineering Redux and it works fine. One other thing, the Mk16 parachute does not have a picture on it when I view it in the R&D tree. This has been the case throughout all of the installs. Does anyone have a clue as what could be wrong?

I tried starting a sandbox game. The AR-202 is available in the VAB... but there are two of them. One of them costs 550, the other 750. Their stats are identical, except that the cheaper model lists "Max SAS Torque: 5" and "Crew Capacity: 0." The more expensive model does not have value for either of these.

Senior Rocket Scientist
    Hakkonen : It seems you have an old version of the part somewhere. Delete the mechjeb folder and re install the last version.

Isntitveird : use pastebin to post the content of KSP_Data\output_log.txt