Page 1 of 622 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: [PART, 0.23.5] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - v2.2

[PART, 0.23.5] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - v2.2

Anatid Robotics and Multiversal Mechatronics proudly presents the first flight assistant autopilot: MechJeb

I would like to thank CardBoardBoxProcessor for the amazing MechJeb model.

From version 1.7 and onwards, MechJeb has been merged with AR202, and The_Duck is working for new features

Current version: 2.1.1

Version History

Download 2.2 here
    Source code available here, GPL3 license
    You can also get the latest dev builds here.

Usage instructions:
    Use the button on the right side of the screen to access MechJeb window selection interface, and click on the buttons to activate the windows. The windows can be dragged anywhere on screen, and their position is saved and reused among all rockets.

Manual

Please send Suggestions/Bug reports here: https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues

A video from speedio explaining the basic operations you can do with it (outdated but still useful):
    KSP basic MechJeb Tutorial

Another video, this one by tncm for AR202, but still very useful:
    The Definitive Guide to the AR202 Mod

Soon: New modules in development.
    Last edited by r4m0n; 6th April 2014 at 16:10. Reason: 2.2 release

Re: [PLUGIN, PART, 0.15] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - v1.8.4

Damn, bad ninja pirate mod. Sorry for starting the thread with a bug report re-toast, and congrats on 1000 posts!

Okay yet another weirdness report! I was in the middle of orbital maneuvers to go for my first rendezvous (I was really close, too!) when my ship exploded in space while I was in the map view, just the same second as I clicked the button for Retrograde on the SMASS. The flight log said that the command pod exploded due to overheating... what? I had nothing firing at the time, apart from RCS. I\'m pretty sure RCS doesn\'t emit heat. Does it?

It\'s worth noting that upon inspection, it appears the debris is totally intact minus the pod 2.0 I had been using for control. Except that it was chopped into three perfectly separate pieces with very minutely different orbits, probably because of the explosion... this is looking suspiciously like Apollo 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Hopeful future RAF Pilot.

Re: [PLUGIN, PART, 0.15] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - v1.8.4

[size=8pt]Quote from: BamBam on June 07, 2012, 10:31:33 PM
    I have been trying to build a lander with enough fuel and ZO2 capable to fly out to minimus, land there, move to the mun, land there, then make a powered landing at KSC.

carrying ZO2 tank, 2 panels, and the 2 drills. plus fuel and a couple parachutes to slow down in atmosphere at the end of mission makes for a complex vehicle.
    i find myself using 8 landing legs to have enough strength to absorb the landing under 1G at KSC. i have begun to leave out RCS alltogether in an attempt to lighten the ship and just use one extra SAS part for a bit more rotational torque.

My problem mainly so far is that mechjeb seems not to kill all the horizontal velocity during the landing manuever. (it used too) on kerbin, the higher gravity actually helps, and a lander built strong enough can simple wobble a bit and be ok, but on minimus that same lander will drift off to the side and catch a foot on the ground and flip.
    this kinda ruins the mission! =(

even the 'keep vert' function with the kill horizontal velocity option clicked does not come to a halt relative to the surface.

Help?!
    [/size]

Is there any way you could post your craft file?

ok, here is the ship.
    parts from sarkun, cardboardbox, c7, and others......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    42!

Quote Originally Posted by Spatzimaus: "Minecraft is a Lego set. KSP is an erector set."

Congrats on the 1000th post.

If you need help in objective playtesting On any aspect then im happy to help.

Any chance we could get a spaceplane mechjeb module? Inconspicuous and aerodynamic, non-folding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven_sword View Post
    Any chance we could get a spaceplane mechjeb module? Inconspicuous and aerodynamic, non-folding.
    They\'re working on it!

He\'s asking about a model, not functionality. A MechJeb for Mk2 and Mk3 fuselages, as well as for NCS could come in handy.

Spacecraft Engineer

I cannot wait to just click a button and have my space planes finally auto land, please make that incorporated too

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon01 View Post
    He\'s asking about a model, not functionality. A MechJeb for Mk2 and Mk3 fuselages, as well as for NCS could come in handy.
    Oops. Sorry. Still, if they\'re working on functionality they\'d be pretty silly not to work on a few models.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon01 View Post
    Just use one of the surface-attach ones.

Look behind the Mk.2 Cockpit here: