Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.17] Flags with Multiple texture options + Make your own flag (v1.3.1)

[0.17] Flags with Multiple texture options + Make your own flag (v1.3.1)

Ever wanted to put up a flag on Mun or Minmus? Or even another planet? I know I do =P

Well here is your chance, just download this part and strap it onto a decoupler on your ship before heading on off to one of the famous Kerbin moons and once landed just eject it off the side and watch it float down to the ground and stay standing.

(A Special thanks to Runescope who has made a flag generator that can be found below)

This flag comes with multiple textures which include:

• Russian Flag
      United Kingdom Flag
      United States Of America Flag
      Canadian Flag (Made by Runescope)
      And a custom KSP Flag

It also comes with a instruction template so that you can make your very own flag texture:

[Spoiler: Temp]

Here are some screenshots or the flag in action (Please note - Its not upright cos I hit it with my decoupler ):

[Spoiler: Flags in action]

[Spoiler: Changes]

Issues:

- May only work connected to a decoupler.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MrMadGameplay; 3rd October 2012 at 07:18.

Re: [0.15+] Flags with Multiple texture options + Make your own flag

EPIC! thanks for this now, to go do the Canada flag and make my country prode!
    Quote me if u know what this is: - .... .. ... / .. ... / - .... . / -- --- ... - / ... . -.-. .-. . - / -.-. --- -.. . --..-- / -.-. .- -. / -.-- --- ..- / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... ..--.. / .-.. --- .-..

Quote Originally Posted by shhhilent1 View Post
    EPIC! thanks for this now, to go do the Canada flag and make my country prode!
    Glad you like it, you should send a pic

What\'s the ratio of these flags? From the template it looks square, but can I change that? It\'s always annoyed me when a flag is off proportion, and I would like to have a proper 1:2 Canadian flag. (And I believe the US, UK, and Russian flags should be 10:19, 1:2, and 2:3 respectively.)

Quote Originally Posted by Extemporary View Post
    What\'s the ratio of these flags? From the template it looks square, but can I change that? It\'s always annoyed me when a flag is off proportion, and I would like to have a proper 1:2 Canadian flag. (And I believe the US, UK, and Russian flags should be 10:19, 1:2, and 2:3 respectively.)
    When the flag has been squeezed onto the texture slot it looks fine in the game. I wasn\'t trying to make it realistic atm but I will try and fix this soon.

very nice. someone needs to start a library of flag textures, including one for ksp logo.

!

This and the camera mod could make for some awesome screen shots...

And perhaps in .16 someone will take the first in game screenshot of the first Kerbal on the Mun, with Kerbin and the KSP flag reflected in his visor 8)

Anyone using this mod should take a screenshot or two so there are some standing flags ;D

Spacecraft Engineer

Can the flag stand on ground?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMadGameplay View Post
    Well here is your chance, just download this part and strap it onto a decoupler on your ship before heading on off to one of the famous Kerbin moons and once landed just eject it off the side and watch it float down to the ground and stay standing.
    Here are some screenshots or the flag in action (Please note - Its not upright cos I hit it with my decoupler ):
    He said it in his post ^
    Please, read the whole post before you post thanks. i can understand this due to being new to the forums.
    Quote me if u know what this is: - .... .. ... / .. ... / - .... . / -- --- ... - / ... . -.-. .-. . - / -.-. --- -.. . --..-- / -.-. .- -. / -.-- --- ..- / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... ..--.. / .-.. --- .-..