Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Video] I'm Scott Manley and These Are My Kerbal Space Program Videos

Bottle Rocketeer
    Scott, what's the mass difference between rocket using the old style Munar lander and the new one you made using the crewable empty capsule (Apollo style) mod?

Please keep the videos coming, they're brilliant!

AKA Scott Manley
    Blog Entries
    Hmm I can't remember what the exact mass difference is, but the main operational difference is that we went from wrapping the Core rocket in 8 sets of tanks and aerospikes to wrapping it in 8 large SRBs, so this rocket has fewer of those expensive liquid fueled engines, replaced with cheap ass solid motors

Anyway, here's the next part:

AKA Scott Manley
    Blog Entries
    Part 4 complete's the return by performing a hohmann transfer orbit between 2 spacecraft in munar orbit.

Great vids as always, they are extremely entertaining and informative!

cool vids benn watching them a while now

AKA Scott Manley
    Blog Entries
    Continuing with the archived updates taking all 3 crew to the surface using a 1 man lander powered by RCS only

AKA Scott Manley
    Blog Entries
    Now, despite having landed on its side we can still lift off, since RCS can fire in multiple directions but we're low on fuel....

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer Jon Tash's Avatar
    You keep make awesome vids, it's really interesting how you make all those things and you're a good story teller.
    Are we losing the dream?
    Did we lose the spark?

I first discovered your videos only about a month ago; about the same time I bought KSP to be exact, and ever since I began watching them, I was hooked. You actually know what you're talking about, and I use your videos as an inspiration/guide to my own space explorations! Thanks for the awesomely entertaining videos.

Well, just to sign in ...

Been seeing your videos ( and commenting on them ) since your stock Mun lander with winglets as landing legs mock ups ... somewhere 70 videos ago .You can really learn a lot of tidbits about good orbital practices in there ( well, atleast until the budget cuts arc ;) ).

Now just a question/comment ... I've been reviewing your post .16 videos today and I do feel that your first Mun rocket for the 3-person capsule seems ... excessive, with all those solid boosters ( I know, they are better now, but I'm still not convinced of their usability ) and the 8 side engines :p Given that your capsules orbiting Mun in the later videos seem to be far more spent in terms of fuel, I assume you are using a more streamlined version for your budget cuts videos ( it would only fit, right ? ). Could you share it with us in a later video , if you are really using a different version ?