Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.24.2] Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace v1.7.1 (22/09)

EDIT - sorry, double post.

I always wondered how people managed to "double post", I guess now I know
    Last edited by p1t1o; 31st July 2013 at 08:16.

Quote Originally Posted by s20dan View Post
    I'm using it with FAR and FAR does over-ride the changes that TV makes to stock
    It depends on the order in which you install them.

The last mod you installed will take precedent.

However, the aero parts in TVs pack are configured properly to work with FAR, so they should be compatible - only the changes to stock parts will compete with each other.

I have TV and FAR installed, but I only took TVs parts, I didn't take any of the stock modifications - FAR takes care of those. They both aim for realism but I just wanted FAR to be solely responsible for that in order to keep things simple.

Blog Entries
    Hey Taverius, this will be updated to 21.1 right... I love the pack and the balance that this brings to spaceplanes

It works for 2.1.1 now, at least it does for me.

Quote Originally Posted by p1t1o View Post
    I have TV and FAR installed, but I only took TVs parts, I didn't take any of the stock modifications - FAR takes care of those. They both aim for realism but I just wanted FAR to be solely responsible for that in order to keep things simple.
    Back in 0.20.2, I built myself a combination package of the TV pack as published, and BlendedPasta, which is an attempt at 'ModuleManagerifying' and 'FARifying'. That combination pack appears to still work with 0.21.1. I make no guarantees that this is actually so, since I mainly use it for the landing gear. Also, don't expect the BallShark to follow the 0.21.1 scheme for SAS etc.

I don't suppose someone could point me in the right direction to use the parts from this pack but keeping stock-like settings? The changes to stock parts are obvious to revert, but the changes to added parts are less so...

Quote Originally Posted by Autochton View Post
    Also, don't expect the BallShark to follow the 0.21.1 scheme for SAS etc.
    Ballshark doesn't exactly work anyway -- even though Hullcam VDS is typically a drop-in replacement for MechJeb 1.9.8 camera functionality that Ballshark relies on, the camera motion plugin that Ballshark depends on needs at least a recompile and possibly some more in-depth kicking around.

I have to ask...what wings are those? It looks like the ones in this pack, except much shorter and steeper. It looks something like what I expect a 6x2 wing2 would look like, but there's no such animal in the pack?
    Signature Pending, please wait...

Capsule Communicator The Destroyer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Procedfural wings?
    Awesome gif by TheFighterC4:

Dragons. Working dragons.http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...40#post1224340
    Dangers of Hyperedit: Kraken comes to dinner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK5NWFfIEIE
    Special Delivery! -NEW- http://youtu.be/IimAcIxPrUY

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    Procedfural wings?
    If it is, it's a customized one, because it's got the same style and texture as the wings in the pizza pack here, which the default Pwings don't. I'm pretty sure it's not though, because Pwings is terrible for Deltas due to the way it scales. They end up super thick at the base and razor thin at the tip.

It looks like it has the same scaling versus the tip as the wings in the pack do. Just a LOT shorter.

Edit:
    Here's a mockup I made using the parts in the pack, to make it easier to see what I mean.

It's easy to see in this just how much further out the wings extend, even though it looks like the root is about the same size (if positioned maybe a bit further back on mine.) You can also see the one in the screenshot from the first page is only using two control surface segments to cover the whole length and I've had to use three (The only longer one was far too thick, and clearly didn't match the original photo.)

Edit2: Whoops, I think I read the numbers wrong. What I'd be looking for then would be a 3x4 Wing2. Or maybe even a 4x4 Delta.
    Last edited by Tiron; 13th September 2013 at 04:03.
    Signature Pending, please wait...