Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace
This pack contains the stuff I add to KSP to make flying spaceplanes fun for me.
Wings, jet engines, spacecraft fuselages, all of the spaceplane stuff is rebalanced the way I like it. The balance is heavily towards realism. In general this makes things a bit harder.
There's also a few custom parts for things I thought were missing, as well as parts by other modders who were kind enough to let me include them.
This pack doesn't touch (for the most part) non-spaceplane parts. I suggest you grab the Stock Rebalance Project to get everything else nicely balanced as well. Squad is still busy adding features, so they're not too concerned with balance polish yet.
Rescaled and variant stock parts:
- Tailfin (2 sizes).
- AV-R8 Winglet (2 sizes).
- Delta-Deluxe Winglet (2 sizes).
- Swept Wing (5 sizes).
- Landing Gear (3 sizes).
- 0.625m (probe size) diameter Mk1 spaceplane fuselages, jet engines, intakes and nacelles.
- Heavier, stronger small hardpoint actually able to support an engine.
- Faster, heavier, far more power-hungry sort-of-balanced racing versions of the medium wheels, with torque curves based on the Tesla Roadster.
- 1.25m Cubic and Octo Strut.
- 0.625m Girders & Adapter.
- Mk2 and Mk3 Rocket Fuel and Structural fuselages.
- Mk2 and Mk3 alternate adapters (flat upper side rather than lower).
- Mk2 to 2xMk1 BiCoupler.
- Asymmetrical Airplane Tail fuselage part.
- High supersonic range ramjet engine.
- SR-71 style shock cone intake.
- UAV probe core with internal camera view, pan & zoom.
- 2 very small UAV/Ultralight-size jet engines.
- Conformal RCS tanks in 2 sizes.
- Lots of extra wings.
- A stronger, longer strut to lash it all together.
- All wings and control surfaces balanced via MATHS! to vary in lift/drag/mass/connection strenght realistically but still be in the stock value range.
- All spaceplane fuselages actually given sensible, scaled values for mass/capacity/connection strengths. MATHS! again.
- All jet engines given pseudo-realistic Isp and Speed curves. Looooots of MATHS! here.
- All intakes tweaked to have proper drag per intake area. Yup, MATHS!
- All rover wheels have had their speed and steering curves smoothed out with tangents (MAAAATHS!) for a smoother driving experience.
- All landing gear have had their impact and connection strenght values adjusted. No maths this time, I just eyeballed them.
- Quite a few parts with visibly wrong attach nodes have had their attach node positions tweaked.
- Integrated support for Ferram Aerodynamic Research. Wings will work correctly both with and without it. All automagic thanks to Module Manager.
- Integrated support for NovaPunch's winglets, with FAR integration, automagically via Module Manager.
Install the 'Gamedata' directory for the main mod files.
The mod optionally, and automatically, supports FAR, as well rebalancing the winglets from NovaPunch2 if present, and adds FAR support to the NP2 winglets if both are present.
Attachment nodes have been tweaked, and the mass and lift changed significantly, as well as the performance of engines. You will almost certainly have to redesign your planes. In fact, I guarantee it.
For the camera in the Ballshark to function you will also need to have HullCamVDS installed. It will work fine (without the cool camera) if you don't have it.
Ramjets are hard to use. You'll need to be going at least 1100m/s to successfully transition to ramjet propulsion, and since the Turbojets about stop going there (like the real ones) this will be hard.
Don't try to use them for spaceplanes, they're designed to go real fast in-atmosphere.
Spaceplane fuselages now have the correct capacities for their volume (adjusted for greater inert fraction to account for the much greater impact and connection strength values). If you try to build planes stock-style just using fuel sections everywhere, you're going to have a hard time getting off the ground.
You don't need nearly as many fuel tanks - you can get around the world in on a single Mk2 fuel tank if you design right, so use the structural sections. They're there for a reason.
Please report bugs on the Issue Tracker
- Fix NTBI short 1m CtrlSurf Part.name
- Fix MM Operators for NTBI SW1 and NP2 winglets.
- New RAPIER curves.
- Mk2 node sizes back 1.
- Fix broken floatCurve replaces.
- Support MM patches changing ModuleEngines to ModuleEnginesFX.
- Update ModuleManager to 2.1.5.
- Split MM files to make it easier to remove extra parts.
- Use ctrlSurfFrac to inform FAR about the moving % of control surfaces.
- Compatibility with Stock Rebalance mod.
- Integrate a few tweaks from Stock Rebalance for compatibility.
- Fix extra stock parts with replaced mesh missing MODEL.scale.
- Fix missing node definition on Mk3 Adapter Alternate.
- Update for 0.23.5 changes.
- Move everything possible into the ModuleManager Patch files.
- Minor fixes.
- RW Improved trusses integrated into main mod.
- NovaPunch winglet support integrated with ModuleManager.
- Update small versions of stock jets to use the proper heat animations.
- Fix for stock engine nacelle doing 3x as much drag as it should for its intake size.
- Update small engine nacelle using new base area values.
- Update alternator values on engines as appropriate.
- Hook in R&D.
- TurboJet moved to Supersonic, cost/entry cost decreased.
- Decrease cost for Mk2/Mk3 adapters as these don't have fuel here.
- New wing data based on 3 decimal point precision measurements of mesh vertexes.
- FAR already has these measurements, FAR data for stock wings removed.
- Override FAR's thrust levels for jets, if present.
- Convert remaining .png textures to .tga for faster loading and proper MipMap generation.
- Remove TT's mods from Extra, I don't use them any more.
- Remove KSPX fixes from Extra, they are now in the base mod v0.2.4.
- Add RW Improved Trusses to Extra and hook it into R&D.
- Redo Novapunch winglet rebalance as a ModuleManager file, with new vertex-based measurements of the wings.
- Use ModuleManager to overwite stock configs.
- Optimize compression on a few .png textures.
- Use better formula for unitScalar/maxIntakeSpeed for off-mass intakes.
- Fix node on small AirScoop.
- Update Extras.
- Add content from DA-TV UAV Pack
- Ballshark UAV core.
- Bonusjet and Tiny Jet engines.
- Add Tapered Wings.
- Redo all wing values from new formulas.
- Animate Cone Intake with KTechAnimation plugin.
- Update to 0.20 file structure.
- Add structural Mk2/Mk3 fuselages.
- Update Heavy strut to new .mu model.
- Tweak Mk3 fuselage node positions by a few cm.
- Fix some missed node sizes on a couple of 0.625m parts.
- New thrust/mass/isp values for turbofans, from a new formula.
- Adjusted spin times on jets to be faster.
- Small fix to FAR values for stock control surfaces.
- unitScalar drag fix for small ram-air intake.
- Merge stock and FAR configs.
- Add some more NTBI variations.
- 12x8 with straight trailing edge.
- 9x6 both types.
- 5x4 tailfin.
- 3x1.5 and 3x3 rectangular.
- 2m large flap.
- 0.5m & 1m small flap.
- Rename NTBI directories for better sorting.
- Mk1/2/3 connection strength increased.
- Normalize intake drag per unit area.
- Tweak volume and inert mass for Mk2 and Mk3.
- Increase connection strenghts for Mk1.
- Various node size tweaks as FAR uses these for exposed node drag.
- Add relatively balanced turbo rover wheel.
- Minor bug fixes in wings.
- Fixed visual fx event triggers for Ramjets
- NTBI Airplane Style Wing Parts now included in the main package.
- Case fixes for linux.
- Major rebalance pass on pretty much everything.
- Added two conformal RCS tanks.
- Redid some of the models.
- More attach node tweaks.
- Normalized attach rules on stock winglets.
- Mk2 Fuselage - Rocket Fuel pointed to wrong model.
- Fix part name for small fuselage empennage.
- Fix calculation error for larger swept wing mass.
- Adjust Turbofan, Ramjet Isp on the basis of relative TSFC from turbojet.
- Fix typo in spinup value for turbofans.
- Second balance pass on air-breathing engines.
- Many name and description and attachment node tweaks.
- Second balance pass on Mk2/Mk3 fuselage sections capacity/weight.
- Tailfin: large size rescale factor error fixed.
- Avionic nosecone: Tweak attach node and rescale factor for looks.
- AV-R8 Winglet: add medium and large sizes added, rename default to small.
- Delta-Deluxe Winglet: medium size added, rename default to small.
- Add Empennage Fuselage Section, S and M.
- Add shock cone intakes.
- Add ramjet engines.
- Rename Basic Jet to Turbofan.
- Rebalance Turbofan, Turbojet, Ramjet with data from NASA EngineSim.
- Fix visual FX on small turbofan.
- Fix visual and sound FX on small turbojet.
- Add JellyCube's Mk2 BiCoupler, converted to .mu with specular and normal.
- Tweak Mk2/3 fuselage attach nodes.
- Add retextured rocket fuel Mk2/Mk3 fuselage.
- Convert rkman's alternative spaceplane adapters to .mu and add specular and normal.
- Make landing gear lighter.
- Initial release.
- Consolidated v0.16-era packages.
- v0.18 compatible.
- Updated gear, inlet, engine models.
- Redone fuselage dry weight and fuel capacities
- Update all relevant parts to new .cfg syntax.
- Reset engine stats to stock, double Basic Jet impulse.
- Add half-size Mk1 fuselage.
- Add half-size tail.
- Add double-size tailfin.
- Add half-size air scoop inlet.
- Add alternate spaceplane adapters by rkman.
- Add Heavy novapunch strut by Tiberion.
- Add example crafts.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported License.
Alternative spaceplane adapters remodel by rkman, originally by C7, used with permission: Forums
Heavy Strut from Novapunch, edit by Tiberion, originally by HarvesteR, used with permission: Forums
Mk2 BiCoupler by JellyGoggles, based on work by C7, used with permission: Forums
NTBI Airplane Style Wing Parts, by ac14, used with permission: Spaceport
Ballshark, Bonusjet and Tinyjet by DYJ, used with permission.
All other models by Squad.