Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lag? Really?

Lag? Really?

I hear a lot of people moaning about lag while playing KSP, but TBH I've not encountered any. Granted, I don't use really mindbuggeringly big ships or go on especially long missions, but what lag are you folks actually seeing? The only annoying delay I notice in play is a couple of seconds on the pad before launch, but that's not really what I'd call lag. Lag is when you're getting a delay between inputs and what you see on the screen. Generally for me everything is slippery.

Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB RAM, and Nvidia 8500GT, so not exactly a beast.

Yeah, it's really "slowdown" but people call it lag.

Make a huge, multi staged, complex rocket using a lot of struts, you'll see what people are talking about.

For example, try launching this craft, or even just looking at it on the launch pad.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lalg0b5hcuxsv1n

I believe there is an asymetry problem around stage 15 so you probably won't be able to fly it on an interplanetary trajectory or anything.

EDIT: I tried flying it again, and I believe the problem is that I don't have enough struts on some of the stages and it begins to oscillate more. Fixing that to bring your framerate down to 0.1 or lower will allow it to fly better.
    Last edited by Bluejayek; 21st August 2012 at 17:08.

My game is smooth and all works well. UNLESS I look at kerbin... My computer seems to hate however kerbin terrain or atmosphere is done. The Mun is fine, Minmus is fine. But not kebin.

Quote Originally Posted by baked_by_oven View Post
    My game is smooth and all works well. UNLESS I look at kerbin... My computer seems to hate however kerbin terrain or atmosphere is done. The Mun is fine, Minmus is fine. But not kebin.
    if I'm correct the problem is the ocean (to be precise the OceanPQS). when you edit the settings for that one in your settings.cfg to something like
    minDistance = 2 minSubdivision = 1
    maxSubdivision = 8
    the "lag" will be gone.

When I play it jumps every 5 seconds when in munar orbit.

My lag is really weird. It will lag the larger the ship I have, of course, and like most people, it slows down when both Kerbin's surface and the sky are in view. But sometimes it just doesn't. At all.
    "To boldly 'splode where no Kerbal has 'splown before."
    Quote Originally Posted by voleurinconnu View Post
    I'm not sure if I've built it correctly or not because whenever I press "g" to retract the landing gears, the wings simply fall off.

Simple fix would be to get a better computer.
    SSTO, The only real way to get into space

KSP takes place during the Kerbin cold war!!! Prepare to get out-scienced!

It's the physics. I believe a better CPU would be the answer. I dunno if the physics supports multiple cores, would have to test that.

Senior Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Simple fix would be to get a better computer.
    Simpler fix would be to wait. This game is still in the alpha phase. Code optimization will come later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast