Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coordinates for all artifacts?

Coordinates for all artifacts?

I'm using Mechjeb and for some reason Mapsat lags my computer into oblivion so can anyone post a list of all the artifact's coordinates for me?

plex

Here ya go, spoilered so those that don't want to know, don't find out.

Ones I've personally seen and stood next to have a 'confirmed' after it.

[Spoiler: Coordinates!]
    Last edited by Runescope; 2nd September 2012 at 09:52. Reason: Updating info on coordinates.
    The Single Minded Schizophrenic, The Original Unified Committee, The Master of the Brief Infinity, Or was that the Infinity Briefs?
    This and all other notifications shall not be misconstrued as an alien invasion, unless said notification is specifically notarized as being an alien invasion.

THANK YOU RUNESCOPE! I'll do a gameplay and your name will be mentioned. http://www.youtube.com/user/TunderChark?feature=mhee
    Not much on my channel right now but soon . . .

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer Excalibur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runescope View Post
    Here ya go, spoilered so those that don't want to know, don't find out.

Ones I've personally seen and stood next to have a 'confirmed' after it.

[Spoiler: Coordinates!]
    I can provide updated coords for the Minmus anomaly if you like, I've sent up a craft and hovered within a metre of it in the past.

'The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.' Col. John Paul Stapp.

Capsule Communicator
    Seriously, what fun is it to find them by just digging up the coordinates on a forum and pluggin them into the MechJeb landing autopilot?

Use the Muon detector or the ISAMap mods to find them. You'll find it so much more satisfying.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb31 View Post
    Seriously, what fun is it to find them by just digging up the coordinates on a forum and pluggin them into the MechJeb landing autopilot?

Use the Muon detector or the ISAMap mods to find them. You'll find it so much more satisfying.
    I agree with you personally. I found all of the extra-Kerbin artefacts using the Muon Detector only. The Minmus anomaly gave me no end of trouble until I finally realised it's location was rather unusual!
    That said, if someone asks for the coordinates because they don't want to go to the trouble finding out for themselves then fine, I respect their choice. Even if I think they're missing out.

'The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.' Col. John Paul Stapp.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I collected almost all of those coordinates by using the Muon or ISA Mapping Satellite (Only exception being the treads I think). So I'll get the Minmus monolith exact location the hard way one of these days, I'm just in the process of refining the location of all the Kerbal sites.

But I've got no problem sharing what I find with those who just want to be tourists They may get more of a kick from the building rather than the exploring.
    Last edited by Runescope; 31st August 2012 at 08:41. Reason: spotted typo. (wouldn't that be a cool name for a native american journalist!)
    The Single Minded Schizophrenic, The Original Unified Committee, The Master of the Brief Infinity, Or was that the Infinity Briefs?
    This and all other notifications shall not be misconstrued as an alien invasion, unless said notification is specifically notarized as being an alien invasion.

So I landed at the approximate location of the Minmus track marks, but after some time of searching around (with Jeb, no less) I was unable to find them. Have these actually been confirmed to exist? There's little to no press about them on the forums or internet in general, certainly not compared to the arches on the Mun or monolithes.
    Arrowstar

KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool
    - A mission design and analysis tool for advanced KSP pilots and engineers. Get it now!

"This is the best tool yet made for KSP... the KSP equivalent of the mafia bribing the referee of a football game so their bets pay off." - BigMorgan

They're definitely there, I've seen them myself. Quite subtle, I'm not sure if they're just a graphical artifact or intended.

They are there, but they're GIANT track marks. You have to pull WAY back to see them.