Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [.23] Protractor - Rendezvous Plugin v. 2.4.5

[.23] Protractor - Rendezvous Plugin v. 2.4.5

Miss your old TI calculator? Tired of guessing at rendezvous angles?

Well good news - Jeb taped his old calculator on the side of his ship with those nosy scientists on the ground being none the wiser!

Click on "?" on the in-game menu for a manual describing how to use this mod.

Or here's a video by Charlie Garcia:

Or Hadlock:

Download Here!
    Source

CLEAN OUT ALL PROTRACTOR FILES BEFORE UPGRADING!
    NEW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip the Protractor folder to your GameData\ folder in the main game directory. The resulting path should be ...\GameData\Protractor\...

Changes in 2.4.5 (2/11/14)
    *added support for ModuleEnginesFx (used by mods like Atomic Engines) (I hope!)

Changes in 2.4.4 (12/28/13)
    *updated for KSP 0.23

Changes in 2.4.3 (10/16/13)
    *updated for KSP 0.22 and added to tech tree for campaign mode

License information:
    All code released under GNU GPL license 3. Source is here.
    Models courtesy of Shanakin over at the SA forums, released under MIT license
    Thanks to Eryxias over at the SA forums for the minimize icons.
    Thanks to r4m0n and The_Duck for code for thrust/mass and delta-v spent
    Thanks to adammada for line rendering code
    Thanks to three03 from SA for the color scheme
    Special thanks to the goons in #KSPOfficial and the KSP thread at SA for all their testing, suggestions and patience.
    Last edited by mrenigma03; 11th February 2014 at 20:50.

This seems to be a very nice mod, you should focus on the features first and do the GUI after that.

1971 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Koschei View Post
    This seems to be a very nice mod, you should focus on the features first and do the GUI after that.
    Thanks!

The only reason GUI is listed above the one feature is because that feature may mean some major, major changes, and I'm not even sure how to do them just yet. Plus, the way I want to implement it requires redoing some of the GUI anyway.

Looks neat. dV as well!

Interesting mod, but it seems to be like InterPlanetaryTransfer-Calculator. What do you plan to do different?

Quote Originally Posted by vivere View Post
    Interesting mod, but it seems to be like InterPlanetaryTransfer-Calculator. What do you plan to do different?
    I haven't even looked at the other mod. I've been working on this since .17 came out, and it became popular on another forum last week. I decided to share it here. I would have done so sooner if the KSP forums hadn't been loading poorly for me all weekend.

If it doesn't do anything differently, consider it an alternative. If there's something you want that isn't in the other one, I'm open to suggestions.
    Last edited by mrenigma03; 24th September 2012 at 10:15.

Well, this has dV and a tidier interface.

This is great, all the Info I need in one place - hope you figure out how to Minimise the Gui - but shall use it as is until you do...downloaded and about to test. Thanks

EDIT: Ok tested and cant move it from the middle of the screen - tried a restart - still cant move it ... damn

anyone else having this issue, or is it an incompatibility with Mechjeb ?

EDIT 2: Latest Version 2.1.3 works great, this is my single most favourite Mod ( second only to Mechjeb) ...Congrats on your creation and thanks for making it available to the Kerbal Community (if I knew how to add rep I'd give your some).
    Last edited by crusaderuk; 25th September 2012 at 13:00.

I have been using this plugin since 1.0 and I have to say it is FAR superior to InterPlanetaryTransfer-Calculator. Not to mention, the model is much better! A TI-83 held on with duct tape? Can I get an Amen for that stroke of genius? GUI is also head and shoulders better, if you're in to the whole functionality part of it.

Thank you!
    The Federation Lives on........