Page 137 of 452 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 4513

Thread: Kethane Pack 0.8.5 - Find it, mine it, burn it! - 0.23.5 (ARM) compatibility update

0.7 is basically done. The map works, scans save, et cetera. (Have I mentioned it works in the tracking station, too?) There was a show-stopping performance issue with the algorithm for finding the closest cell below the vessel, but I spent some time with it today and improved its runtime by a factor of about a hundred.

There's still a pesky cosmetic issue with scene changes, and then there's another little something I want to sneak in. Release will be tonight or tomorrow depending on how much progress I make there.
    Kethane Pack (alt thread) – Explore, mine and process resources into fuel
    Community Voice Server – In space, WE can hear you scream!
    Check out #kspmodders – Need a license? Here's a guide.
    Community Mod Repository (and The Majiir Challenge)The Internationalization Project

Quote Originally Posted by Majiir View Post
    0.7 is basically done. The map works, scans save, et cetera. (Have I mentioned it works in the tracking station, too?) There was a show-stopping performance issue with the algorithm for finding the closest cell below the vessel, but I spent some time with it today and improved its runtime by a factor of about a hundred.

There's still a pesky cosmetic issue with scene changes, and then there's another little something I want to sneak in. Release will be tonight or tomorrow depending on how much progress I make there.

WOOT!!! Can't wait sir, outstanding job so far!!!
    Last edited by XbasmanX; 29th June 2013 at 22:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Majiir View Post

Nice! Can't wait to play with it, Majiir! You're the man! Woot woot!

I don't suppose you'll tell us what the secret is? (Yeah, didn't think so, lol.)
    Arrowstar
    KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool - A mission design and analysis tool for advanced KSP pilots and engineers. Get it now!
    "This is the best tool yet made for KSP... the KSP equivalent of the mafia bribing the referee of a football game so their bets pay off." - BigMorgan

Rocketry Enthusiast
    Awesome!!! Way to go, can't wait to see the maps in action they look so.. mmm ohhh yeaaa.

I'll give .7 a try, you said the old code was dumped down the APERTURE Incinerator so...(not exactly)...I hope performance is a bit better.

One more question:
    are deposits now hexagonal is shape or still free form?

Amazing, cant wait to start scanning!
    The rate that Kethane has been developed recently is simple astounding to me. Thank you again for such amazing work and dedication Majiir

P.S. still think you should talk Squad into changing your forum name to Majiir Rockefeller

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticruler View Post
    I'll give .7 a try, you said the old code was dumped down the APERTURE Incinerator so...(not exactly)...I hope performance is a bit better.
    Performance is probably no better, except for saving deposits (which is probably better since encoding a small array of bytes is a lot quicker than saving a bunch of images). If you have a specific performance problem, let me know and I can do something about it. If you simply observe the entire game slowing down with Kethane installed, you're probably just running out of RAM, and there's nothing I can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticruler View Post
    One more question: are deposits now hexagonal is shape or still free form?
    For all intents and purposes, they're hexagonal. Technically, the deposits are generated the same way as always. Each hex looks at the very center and checks if there's a deposit there (using the old polygon system) and if so, the entire hex counts as part of that deposit.
    Community Mod Repository (and The Majiir Challenge)The Internationalization Project

I figured, new map, new satellite!!!

I present the ScanerDrillThingamajig 9000:

I'm unsure of ability yet, gonna wait to turn it on till 0.7 hits. If new scanning is close to current scanning I'd estimate this will get about 30-38% loss of per pass resolution at x1000, maybe a bit more...we shall see!

Kethane 0.7 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update completely replaces the scan map system and makes other scanning improvements.

This update is only compatible with versions 0.5.1 and later. See the 0.6 release notes for information about upgrading from 0.5. Scan maps from earlier versions are not compatible with this update and will be ignored. Deposits will remain intact.

Changes in this version:

• Replaced the rectangular scan map with a geodesic grid overlay. The overlay is visible in the map view and in the tracking station. Mousing over cells will show a window with that cell's center coordinates and a list of resources present in that cell.
    • Scan data is now stored along with deposit quantities in the persistence folder.
    • Saved maps indicate whether a cell has been scanned, so maps will automatically update (on scene reload) when deposit quantities change.
    • Detectors no longer scan cells that have already been scanned. This means multiple detectors won't clobber each other, and detectors passing over partially scanned terrain won't make redundant scans.
    • Removed the random variance on detector scan times.
    • Moved the resource selector UI to the map view.
    • Moved the scan sound toggle to the detector context menu.
    • Added a toggle action for the generator.
    • Fixed a major performance issue with the KE-X270 gas particles.
    • The KethaneParticleEmitter module now supports particle colliders.
    • Fixed an issue where converters would spam the output log with errors if no fuel tanks were attached. Thanks SpiritOffice for the patch.
    • Removed Kethane deposits from Jool and Kerbol (the star).
    • Detector sounds are now loaded through GameDatabase.
    Last edited by Majiir; 30th June 2013 at 01:30.

Awesome!!!

Edit: Found a bug. This happens in the menu.
    Last edited by cnnrduncan; 30th June 2013 at 01:46.