Awesome!!! Way to go, can't wait to see the maps in action they look so.. mmm ohhh yeaaa.
I'll give .7 a try, you said the old code was dumped down the APERTURE Incinerator so...(not exactly)...I hope performance is a bit better.
One more question:
are deposits now hexagonal is shape or still free form?
Amazing, cant wait to start scanning!
The rate that Kethane has been developed recently is simple astounding to me. Thank you again for such amazing work and dedication Majiir
P.S. still think you should talk Squad into changing your forum name to Majiir Rockefeller
I figured, new map, new satellite!!!
I present the ScanerDrillThingamajig 9000:
I'm unsure of ability yet, gonna wait to turn it on till 0.7 hits. If new scanning is close to current scanning I'd estimate this will get about 30-38% loss of per pass resolution at x1000, maybe a bit more...we shall see!
Kethane 0.7 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.
This update completely replaces the scan map system and makes other scanning improvements.
This update is only compatible with versions 0.5.1 and later. See the 0.6 release notes for information about upgrading from 0.5. Scan maps from earlier versions are not compatible with this update and will be ignored. Deposits will remain intact.
Changes in this version:
- Replaced the rectangular scan map with a geodesic grid overlay. The overlay is visible in the map view and in the tracking station. Mousing over cells will show a window with that cell's center coordinates and a list of resources present in that cell.
- Scan data is now stored along with deposit quantities in the persistence folder.
- Saved maps indicate whether a cell has been scanned, so maps will automatically update (on scene reload) when deposit quantities change.
- Detectors no longer scan cells that have already been scanned. This means multiple detectors won't clobber each other, and detectors passing over partially scanned terrain won't make redundant scans.
- Removed the random variance on detector scan times.
- Moved the resource selector UI to the map view.
- Moved the scan sound toggle to the detector context menu.
- Added a toggle action for the generator.
- Fixed a major performance issue with the KE-X270 gas particles.
- The KethaneParticleEmitter module now supports particle colliders.
- Fixed an issue where converters would spam the output log with errors if no fuel tanks were attached. Thanks SpiritOffice for the patch.
- Removed Kethane deposits from Jool and Kerbol (the star).
- Detector sounds are now loaded through GameDatabase.
Last edited by Majiir; 30th June 2013 at 01:30.
Last edited by cnnrduncan; 30th June 2013 at 01:46.
Wohooo! Good start of the day I will have to scan everything again, but if you say old MapSats should still be OK...*whew*
"Thou shalt not take Murphy's Laws in vain."
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has light side, dark side, and is keeping the Universe together."
"No one gets left behind."