Page 1 of 185 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP] LLL - Lack Luster Labs [LLL-12-Pre-Release Testing] [SXT-12 - 19APR2014]

[WIP] LLL - Lack Luster Labs [LLL-12-Pre-Release Testing] [SXT-12 - 19APR2014]

Current mods. LLL-Full, LLL-Lite, SXT.

Scroll down for download links

SXT - Stock eXTension

Apologies for the terrible abbreviation. I'm aiming to make a ultra-light 'Stock-a-like' expansion pack that relies solely using the MODEL{} to reference Squad's textures.

Test release: SXT-alpha-12a.zip

OLDER: SXT-alpha-11a.zip

SXT-11a:

A quick fix for KSP 0.23.5. There's a few new parts in there that aren't properly balanced/final form yet to be decided, and are subject to change, but I couldn't be fussed rolling the dev version back to be in-line with previously released parts.

SXT-10 Change log:

Added Hexagonal Solar Panel
    Added Hexagonal Structural Panel
    Added 0.625m Pipes
    Added 2 Extendable RTGs
    Fixed textures on 0.625m 'Barrel'
    Think that's the bulk of it.

Parts (bit out of date now, from SXT-8):

(Also, added inflatable air-bags, air-liner wings and a 2.5m Turbo-fan engine (based on the GE-90).

N.B. The wings in those screenshots are from 'Pizza and Aerospace' (I haven't made my own yet) and the propeller from Firespitter.

Lack Luster Labs Pack

Currently working on it:

Myself (Lack)

MrWizerd

Important Notice: RAM Usage

Any crashes you receive while using this mod will be due to running out of memory as it's purely a parts mod, see the FAQ for advice and table of memory usage (For reference: LLL-Full has ~40% the useage of B9 Aerospace) KSP is only a 32bit programme, so maximum memory usage caps out at 3.5Gb.

---

LLL-Full

I'm accepting testers for v12, if you're interested send me a PM or post in the thread. Release should be soon anyway.

Mediafire: LLL 10.7.3 - There's a few superfluous parts in here that I forgot to delete.
    Patch for 10.7.3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ch-25FEB14.zip - Fixes the 'Drop Ramp leg's collider and adds a new 1x1 probe.

______

LLL-Lite

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zv...LL-Lite-v1.zip

I'm aware that LLL has a lot of parts, many in unusual shapes, which is off-putting to many folks and just plain clutters up the list in the VAB. So re-worked a number of parts to 1.25m and 2.5m, and cut a large number entirely. I haven't entirely dropped the 2x1 as there's a few parts I'm really fond of, but its role has been reduced significantly and the re-sizes have been cut. RAM usage should also be cut down significantly.

Here's the list of parts:

______

Older stable releases (10.6 - LLL-Full):

Mediafire: LLL-0.10.6.zip
    N.B. I recommend using Vanguard (link below) or Crew Manifest to manage the crew compartments, as Vanguard allows for the use of EVA hatches you can strap straight onto the hull.

Spaceport Link

______

Github for bug-reporting:

https://github.com/Signatum/LLL/issues

______

mods that LLL supports/support LLL:

CabanaCorp Module Manager Config additions (adds things like fire-spitter support for LLL cargo bays and the Greenhouse TAC compatible): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxmxgjvjr4..._Addatives.cfg

Vanguard plugin
    Rubber Band Inc Caterpillar Tracks [Now supported here] [Original Thread]
    Kethane
    Kerbal Attachment System
    MechJeb
    RemoteTech [Module Manager Config in LLL-extra - Move to RT2 folder] [Alternative Config courtesy of Johnsonwax]
    Modular Fuels (Limited) [Module Manager Config in LLL-extra - Drop into Modular Fuels folder]

-----
    FAQ:

Install instructions:

The 'LLL' folder (containing 'Parts', 'Ships' & 'Spaces') must placed in GameData.

Code:
    KSP_win\GameData\LLL\
    if you do not do this majority of the parts will not load. This is because the majority of the parts use the MODEL{} function, which requires the pathway be exact. e.g.

Code:
    MODEL
    {
    	model = LLL/Parts/FuelTank/LLL2x1/model
    	texture = model001_NRM , LLL/Parts/Structural/LLL2x1Hull/HullNorm
    }
    KSP starts crashing when I install LLL.

LLL is fairly memory hungry, when you use too much memory up (by having too many parts typically), the game crashes. After a few rounds of optimisation I've managed to almost half usage, but it's still pretty high and causes problems. There's also a problem when loading .tga files, .png files are even worse for that and don't generate mip-maps (which is which I switched from .png to .tga). .mbm are better for actually memory useage, but are harder to edit.

Things to try:

> Go to the game's options: Turn texture resolution to 'Half Res', for some reason this reduces the memory usage (especially between screen changes).

> Use this: 'Active Texture Managemen'

> Start deleting parts. Best be careful with the LLL ones, a lot of parts reference other part's models and textures. Try just deleting the textures and .cfg for parts and leave the .mu file, at first.

Chart of memory usage:

Code:
    Full Res:

KSP+LLL-Full: [584Mb]

KSP+LLL-Lite: [311Mb]

KSP+B9  Aero: Crash - Maxed out my RAM (I only have the 3GB on my computer)

--

Half Res:

KSP+LLL-Full: [352Mb]

KSP+LLL-Lite: [190Mb]

KSP+B9  Aero: [821Mb]

--

Half Res + Active Texture Management [Basic]

KSP+LLL-Full: [39Mb]

KSP+LLL-Lite: [23Mb]

KSP+B9  Aero: [120Mb]

--

Half Res + Active Texture Management [Aggressive]

KSP+LLL-Full: [30Mb]

KSP+LLL-Lite: [21Mb]

KSP+B9  Aero: [64Mb]
    Can I have the cargo bays open and close in the editor?

Yes, but you'll need to download the Firespitter plugin and do it the same way B9 Aerospace does. Here's a link explaining how to do it. Hopefully Squad will finish the tweakables in 0.24 and I can add it in.

Modding info

1x1+2x1sizes.skp

That's a sketchup with the sizes for the 1x1 and 2x1 parts. That's then scaled up by 1.25 when they're put in game.

.blender files with UV maps available for individual parts on request.

Feel free to make your own modifications, adaptors, etc. for your own mods. You don't require my permission to make and post a part (to this or your own mod-thread), but I would ask that you attribute what you used (see CC agreement) and post a link to it in this thread.

Optional

Legacy Parts [No longer needed, but some old parts were phased out]

LLL 0.09.9 (I removed a few components in 0.10 to save on RAM usage, so if you want them back they're in here.

THSS Tri-Strut adaptors (made by Bluegobln
    Goblin Enterprises - THSS / LLL Adapters
    You'll probably want to add
    Code:
    breakingForce = 200
    breakingTorque = 200
    to the .cfg for these parts mind, make 'em a bit more stable.

N.B. Haven't tried this in a while, so may not work now.

Images - Click below

[Spoiler: Images - Click here]
    Last edited by Lack; Yesterday at 15:04. Reason: Tea and scones

Hooray! FPS destroying lights! When used in the hundreds.

Kentucky, USA, Planet Earth, Sol System, Inner Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.

"Once the Rockets are up, who cares where they come down? That's not my Department..." says Kerman VonBraun.

Blog Entries
    Lack Luster Labs– now with its own equivalent of the Bobcat DEMV mk4 rat!
    I seriously don't know why I haven't used these yet! C'mon, self! Downloading for use this weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartwo View Post
    Be free my pointy children,be free.
    Been here since December, and then April happened.
    Twitter, Twitch.tv, Blog Thing (All sorts of stuff, not just KSP!)

Kentucky, USA, Planet Earth, Sol System, Inner Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
    Should have said earlier... You've made some awesome parts Lack! Are you planning on making any matching engines and/or other equipment (solar panels, ladders etc) for the pack?

"Once the Rockets are up, who cares where they come down? That's not my Department..." says Kerman VonBraun.

You know what would be very cool indeed? If there was parts that could be used instead of everything that stock includes, but in LLL style.

A big job I know but damn that would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hoojiwana View Post
    You know what would be very cool indeed? If there was parts that could be used instead of everything that stock includes, but in LLL style.

A big job I know but damn that would be pretty awesome.
    I think I would be tempted to delete my stock parts...

might want to decrease the forward drag on the platypus...

Good job so far!
    I use spoons! Not hands!
    Thus i use Meters! Not Feet!

First try at re-creating the Mako from Mass Effect using your parts.

The engines I had on there weren't strong enough to lift it off, unfortunately.