Page 39 of 410 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

Quote Originally Posted by colmo View Post
    Sounds great - much like MechJeb's Killrot, but simpler and on a part. Is it toggled by main SAS control or via an action key (which is likely better, and allows both ACU and ASAS on the same plane, useful for space-planes)?
    What I've said counts for the aviation part, the stock one. If these are the same, they will be triggered with the main SAS control.
    GTX 660ti|8GB RAM|i5 3570|Windows 8
    "Green is not a creative color."

Quote Originally Posted by smunisto View Post
    Cockpit -> S2/HL Adapter -> 3x HL Large cargo bays -> LFO Large HL Fuel tank -> S2/HL Adapter inverted(tail section) -> 2.5m Nerva Engine
    No matter how I strut the whole thing, when getting dropped on the airstrip with the tank at the back, the tank and the whole tail section detaches itself from the front. The funny thing is - it stays strutted to the side HL extensions, so the only way to find out if this happened is when the doors on the bay don't close(because it is no longer part of the SSTO). Funnily enough i still have control over the NERVA attached at the back of the tail section.

Now, i wonder - the craft went through several variations and updates. One of the major ones was the change in all of the strutting - from the KW Heavy Struts(220 000 strength mind you) to some black ones(look immensely better), called EAS 5 i think(no idea which mod they are from), which have like 2 500 strength or so.
    I don't really know any points of reference to compare these strength values to so I want to ask if you think the craft falls apart because of the type of struts or because of the way of strutting?
    The EAS-5 are from my mod, the black retexture is from Tiberion's NovaPunch.

Please try it in 2-5, some of the configs did not have the updated connection strenghts due an overwrite error when packaging 2-4.

In any case, when assembling HL please remove the side HLX to check that the center section is indeed attached together, as sometimes back sections added after the sides like to attach to one of the sides instead.

Another thing to note on heavy aircraft is to not attach the main landing gear to the fuselage. Using HL you can attach them to the side HLX, otherwise to the wings or anyway with one part in between the two, otherwise the impact of the craft getting dropped onto the runway gets passed straight to the fuselage and tends to snap it.

Finally, please be sure to post the craft ... tuning connection strenghts is hard, as the actual strength is weighted by the mass of the part.
    For now I've done a global value, soon I will update with pre-weighted connection strenghts but to tune its important to have problem cases

P.S. the only sane way I've found to have a craft be stable throughout its fuel envelope and with cargo present or not is to distribute the fuel on either side of the cargo bay and arrange the plane so that the CoM is in the middle of the cargo bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocki View Post
    What I've said counts for the aviation part, the stock one. If these are the same, they will be triggered with the main SAS control.
    They are functionally identical. This also means that you should only really have 1 or the other, as the ASAS is old code and cannot be toggled or attached to action groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Taverius View Post
    I've played with and modified it a little ... I suggest you take a look at the static analysis pane with the fuel toggle on empty. You might like it. Or not. Depending on how much you like backflips
    Indeed, I was probably going to shift a fuel tank or two to the tail at some point ( or just get rid of some - I'm not used to judging the fuel capacity of those parts yet ) and just by glancing at it you can tell it is really lacking in pitch authority. Having it shake itself apart during taxi tests was a rather larger worry, given I've had the same problem with other FAR-based aircraft - practically always related to the triangular structural wing segment. If you didn't get that particular problem then I suspect I shall have to reinstall a bunch of things.

I've found using the TT wheels cushions impact on the runway enough that you can attach them to the fuselage - I don't like attaching landing gear to wings usually because wings have a habit of bending, which can then steer you off the runway.

If we're going to have to strut everything, it'd be cool if someone made some parts with grooves in them that you could run struts through; that way they'd look integral rather than the mess we currently end up with. Either that or just recesses so we can attach struts externally & have most of the strut itself inside the part. I realise that would bump polycount up a bit, but is that a bother with this engine?

Quote Originally Posted by bac9 View Post
    I don't get it, why is mine so dark in comparison? I think mine was taken while in Kerbin's shadow which is why there is so little light...but why don't I have a brightness or gamma setting either? Is there supposed to be? Maybe I can just add a low-power light to the outside above the cockpit that will help...shed some light on the subject.

Friendly Constructor Boosterspice's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ERM-AH-GHERD! You sir, are a fricking genuis! I played a lot with your first release, but I had no idea it was going to be this big. Horrifyingly amazing work

Senior Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Castun View Post
    I don't get it, why is mine so dark in comparison? I think mine was taken while in Kerbin's shadow which is why there is so little light...but why don't I have a brightness or gamma setting either? Is there supposed to be? Maybe I can just add a low-power light to the outside above the cockpit that will help...shed some light on the subject.
    You have fallback shader activated ?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bac9 View Post
    What's there to animate in protective railings?
    I mean, that protective railings will be unpack like Telus-LV Bay Mobility Enhancer. Maybe with illumination both at your stairs.
    Last edited by khagar; 25th April 2013 at 08:26.

Quote Originally Posted by sarbian View Post
    You have fallback shader activated ?
    Shouldn't be, I'll have to double check when I get home though. Maybe running it in windowed mode has something to do with it? I usually keep it windowed since I have multiple monitors and I don't have to Alt+Tab.

Doing remote RemoteTech comsat launches and needed a ground base to do circularize burn controls. So a few mods to the awesome I8-L and i got this..

I8-L-C Mod

Had a nice flight at 16km up and got up to about 870m/s with Taverio's configs for the engines. Could have gone faster, but was getting over heating on the engines. Only used about 1/6th or so fuel doing it.

Love love this pack, when i start to do manned missions it will be used a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post

This is what happens when you give me shiny new parts. XD;
    Dude what mods did you use to make the arwing? it looks absolulty immense xD