Page 4 of 410 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

Know what would be extremely better than awesome? If some kind soul were to figure out the FAR compatibility numbers for all the wing pieces and control surfaces, and post those stats in this thread.

I've been planning on making shuttle-style spaceplanes capable of lifting 2.5m parts inside an enclosed cargo bay, and was going to rescale Touhou Torpedo's mk3 cargo bay. It'll be much better to use your HL parts for that role. I also LOVE the compatibility with his mk4 pieces. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by White Owl View Post
    Know what would be extremely better than awesome? If some kind soul were to figure out the FAR compatibility numbers for all the wing pieces and control surfaces, and post those stats in this thread.
    That is being done by Taverius as we speak! He has magic calculators or some other witchcraft that allows him to get proper values.

Quote Originally Posted by bac9 View Post
    That is being done by Taverius as we speak! He has magic calculators or some other witchcraft that allows him to get proper values.
    Nice! I hurt my brain the last time I tried to figure that FAR stuff out on my own. Still haven't fully recovered.

I noticed one bug. The attach nodes for the HL Fuselage mk4 Adapter piece don't match the nodes for the actual mk4 cargo bay pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by White Owl View Post
    Nice! I hurt my brain the last time I tried to figure that FAR stuff out on my own. Still haven't fully recovered.
    I noticed one bug. The attach nodes for the HL Fuselage mk4 Adapter piece don't match the nodes for the actual mk4 cargo bay pieces.
    Now THAT is unfortunate and problematic, it means MK4 probably wasn't centered by TT. I'll need to take a look at that.
    Edit: found the source mesh of TT cargohold, measured the distance between our pivots and added a fix to attachment configuration. Thanks a lot for the report!
    Last edited by bac9; 21st April 2013 at 04:50.

You just won this competition.
    There wasn't a competition before, but I just started it and you won.

Ho. Ly. Crap.

"Holy ****ing ****" my 3 first words when I saw your new pieces. It's trully amazing and you clearly deserve a price for all those beauties :-D

Just a question, where are the doors for the "M2 Cargo Hold Type B"? The description states that "Type B comes with functional doors".
    Thank you in advance.

An updated version was uploaded to kerbalspaceport.com and is set to appear within minutes. I will post a link as soon as it will be available. The update fixes some config errors (mismatched MK4 adapter node, wing naming, S2 LFO tank naming, HW21 lift values), brings FAR-compliant configs and includes an additional new 1.25m to MK2 adapter as a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Saku View Post
    Just a question, where are the doors for the "M2 Cargo Hold Type B"? The description states that "Type B comes with functional doors".
    Thank you in advance.
    They are rolling out from above, like garage doors. You can toggle them with context menu by right-clicking on the part. Like here:

Last edited by bac9; 21st April 2013 at 06:27.

Blog Entries
    Sorry but I have to give one big critique!

When I saw the shots, I was like.. WOOOW I could stay in this cockpit forever and never get out.. And then I see... That I don't actually "SEE"!

WHY CAN'T YOU SEE WHATS IN FRONT IN IVAs?? To me, that's the whole purpose of having cockpits.. Right? To actually see the runway you are landing on! Now it's so unenjoyable to have an IVA-only flight cause it would be instrument only..

The only solution is to lean the cockpit forward, which loses the whole fuselage smoothness.

Here's Jeb trying to strech his neck to see anything...

That's how a shuttle cockpit looks like:

mk2 cockpit is perfect... But then, there's a huge navball blocking the view.. WHYYYYYYYY????

Oh, btw.. Everything else is amazing!
    Last edited by nothke; 21st April 2013 at 06:32.

Quote Originally Posted by nothke View Post
    Sorry but I have to give one big critique!

When I saw the shots, I was like.. WOOOW I could stay in this cockpit forever and never get out.. And then I see... That I don't actually "SEE"!

WHY CAN'T YOU SEE WHATS IN FRONT IN IVAs?? To me, that's the whole purpose of having cockpits.. Right? To actually see the runway you are landing on! Now it's so unenjoyable to have an IVA-only flight cause it would be instrument only.
    How much can be seen is dictated by the size and the slope of the frontal piece, and in KSP, I'm confined to very tiny parts with no space for elevated seats or nicely turned windows.

I have set up multiple view points precisely for that. Kerbals have huge heads and they are sitting where they fit, but you can change your view point to any convenient place by double clicking on windows. S2 cockpit has 4 clickable zones (front window, 2 side windows, area between the seats), MK2 cockpit has 4 clickable zones (front window for the first pilot, top window and 2 side windows for the second pilot), and M27 cockpit has 2 clickable zones (front and top windows). Try that out!

To return to the normal view, press C.
    Last edited by bac9; 21st April 2013 at 06:40.