Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.25]Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | .23! .24! .25! (Dec 30)

Blog Entries

[0.25]Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | .23! .24! .25! (Dec 30)

The marketing of the new company's pioneering technology, raw materials and other industries.

Our Products:

Plugin (0.7.2) | Download from Dropbox | Documentation | Changelog
    For those who are wondering, this is a separate download because other mods (like this one for example) use it as well.

Controls: For the ejection module, use the abort action group. For the parachute box, get near on EVA and use the context menu. To deploy parachutes, either use the context menu or press Jump and Use (Space+F unless you remapped the keys).

EVA Parachutes (1.2) | Download from Dropbox | Requires the Plugin | Changelog
    ---Research Survivability (for Parachute Box) and Supersonic Flight (for Ejection Module)!---

Controls (all keys given assume that you did not remap any keys in the options menu or the config file, if you did:
    -The ejection module activates with the abort action group (backspace or mouseover the altimeter, then the red button to the left), but you can of course put it into any other action group, too
    -To get a chute from the parachute box, get within 1m of it and then use the context (right-click) menu
    -To deploy chutes, either use the Kerbal's context menu or press Jump and Use (Space+F). Jump+Use has the advantage of opening chutes on all Kerbals in range (good for mass ejects), but you may have to hold it down for a short time or it won't work (not sure why)

There's now a little plugin that adds parachutes to any Kerbal without requiring parachute boxes -> *click me* (Doesn't replace anything, so you can just add/remove it whenever you want... but of course you have to install this mod first Also this doesn't use the R&D system and will give you parachutes from the very beginning.

License is CC BY except for the parachute model, ask CardBoardBoxProcessor if you want to use it for anything, he made it.

NAQ/OAQ (Never Asked Questions / Once Asked Questions)
    Code:
    Q | What's wrong with that first sentence and the part descriptions?
    A | Nothing really.

Q | Why do I have to download two files to use this mod?
    A | The plugin is required for other mods as well, so people might have to download only that thing. I don't really know why it's so hard to download 2 files anyway.

Q | When I try to deploy the parachute, nothing happens and the Kerbal falls to death!
    A | 2 possible reasons:
    1) You are missing GameData\VNG\parachute\model.mu. That file is required for the parachute to open, you can download it with the parachute mod.
    2) You have another copy of VanguardTechnologies.dll in your GameData or Plugins folder and that one's outdated.

Q | I can't even eject / get a chute from a box!
    A | You're probably missing VanguardTechnologies.dll, scroll up to the plugin section of this post. Fel's EVAParachutes.dll alone doesn't work!
    Last edited by Kreuzung; 8th October 2014 at 15:00.
    Scaring Jebediah since 2012-3-24...

EVA Parachutes? Here.
    First person view, no plugins required

Thanks for fixing the bugs and creating a new thread =) Cool that you made them modules to so we can add them into other things. Hmm that secret stuff sounds intriguing hehe cheers

Blog Entries
    I actually revealed it in the old Lacks Luster Labs thread^^ And you don't need to understand C# to find it in the source code lol

EVA Parachutes? Here.

Haha that was kind of you sir,time to look it up
    Last edited by ahappydude; 21st April 2013 at 09:39.

In the habitable zone........... specificaly.... Australia.
    Blog Entries
    Bugs are ironed out?
    Excellenty.
    This will be a great safety feature.
    Plus I can now build one of those kerbal launcher things without feeling guilty about sending them to their deaths.
    "After boosters, struts and parachutes are a Kerbal's best friend." -Concluded by Bill Kerman after mediating an argument between Bob and Jeb.

Heyas Kreuzung! Great to see this mod is still working, and it's still just as awesome
    That said, question: Is there a way to add the functionality of the EVA Parachutes to the current stock radial-regular-parachute model? Say, copy the radial parachute part and have the copy act as the EVA one? If so, would you mind running me through the steps? I'm slow when it comes to editing parts afraid of breaking things as I have a tendency to do D:

Thanks so much in advance!

Blog Entries
    > Tw1
    The ejection module on itself is already some kind of Kerbal catapult, haha

> monababii
    I'm not sure what you mean with adding the functionality to the stock chute.

If you want it to work like the parachute box, use this code:
    Code:
    MODULE
    {
    	name = ModuleKrEquipKerbal
    	//amount of parachutes
    	count = 5
    	//max equip distance
    	range = 1
    	MODULE
    	{
    		name = ModuleKrKerbalParachute
    		//how much drag it has when fully deployed
    		deployedDrag = 100
    		//drag increase/second because I didn't like instafulldrag :P
    		dragIncreaseSecond = 50
    		//minimum air pressure for deployment
    		minAirPressureToOpen = 0.01
    	}
    }
    just add that to the part.cfg, you can change the parameters too if you want^^

Hope this helps, if not, take these percent signs and throw them at me:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%

EVA Parachutes? Here.

Hey! thanks for the speedy response!

I think I will take those ghetto shurikens and save them for another request it looks like you gave me just what I wanted! but then again I'm slow at editing things so may not even work the way I want it lol, but I'll try it. What I meant is basically have one of the stock radial parachute models act as your EVA parachute part. Simply put, use the model of the stock radial parachute on your EVA parachute part.

That said! Where should I add that entire code? should I start a "new line" to add all of that or should I replace something in the stock part.cfg's file?

Thanks again

EDIT: I think I understand now where to add that code, basically replace what's in the part.cfg's where it says
    "// ----- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT ------". At least I hope that's it lol.
    Last edited by MonaBabii; 9th May 2013 at 10:23.

Blog Entries
    Still too dumb to follow... You mean replacing the parachute itself with the stock one? That's not possible as the models are built in a different way...
    Thought you just wanted to replace that horrible parachute box.

EVA Parachutes? Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzung View Post
    [...]Thought you just wanted to replace that horrible parachute box.
    This is exactly what I wanted

Edit: Well I wouldn't call it horrible honestly lol, it just doesn't match any of the parts I use D:

Edit 2: It worked Thank you!
    Last edited by MonaBabii; 9th May 2013 at 10:45.