Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.23/0.23.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.3 [22Dec]

[0.23/0.23.5] TAC Fuel Balancer v2.3 [22Dec]

Now available on Curse: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal...-fuel-balancer

From Thunder Aerospace Corporation: a Fuel Balancer! It transfers, it balances, it mixes, it stirs!

Our product allows you to transfer fuel, or other resources, between parts on the same vessel.

You can:
    * Transfer a resource into a part, drawing an equal amount from each other part.
    * Transfer a resource out of a part, transferring an equal amount into each other part.
    * Enable balance mode to transfer a resource such that all parts are the same percentage full.
    * Dump a resource out of a part. Note that the resource is lost, never to be found.
    * Lock a part, so that none of the resource will be transferred into or out of the part.
    * When still Prelaunch (or Landed): edit the amount of a resource loaded in a part. Works on all resources, even solid rocket fuel.

Useful when you are flying along and need to quickly, and easily, transfer fuel from one tank to another. Or re-balance your fuel distribution to keep your center of mass from getting too far out of whack.

Download from the Kerbal Space Program Curse website: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal...-fuel-balancer
    (Alternate download: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacFu...eleases/latest)
    Source code available on GitHub: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacFuelBalancer

Now works with the Toolbar mod from blizzy78. Not required, but if you have it, the icon will be added to the toolbar instead of being by itself.

Change log:
    Release v2.3
    - See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post863104

Release v2.2
    - See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post858321

Release v2.1
    - See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post789484

Release v2.0
    - All windows are now resizable and feature scroll bars.
    - Can now edit the fuel amount before launch -- for launching empty tanks or reducing the amount of solid fuel in boosters. Can also fill a Kethane tank with Kethane on the launch pad for testing purposes.
    - Can dump fuel -- this can be disabled through settings if you do not want it or are afraid of accidentally clicking it.
    - The Lock feature is now linked with the flow state on the part (in the part's right click menu).
    - Disabled if out of power or the vessel is not "controllable". (Sorry, no integration with RemoteTech. I will have to look at that later.)
    - No parts are needed! There is now an icon at the screen edge (default to top right) that is used for showing and hiding the main window. The icon can be re-positioned to anywhere along the screen edge.

Release V1.1.1
    - the previous upload was missing the Readme and License files. That is the only difference.

Release V1.1
    - created a new 3D model

Release V1.0
    - fully functional, and tested with 0.19
    - uses the same model as the Double-C Accelerometer -- new model coming soon!
    Last edited by TaranisElsu; 13th June 2014 at 19:59. Reason: Now available on Curse

Ancient Egyptian Mod-God shadowsutekh's Avatar
    Your parts/plugins seem really cool, but wouldn't it be better to condense your three releases into 1 thread?

Also this essentially is auto alt+right clicking and resource transfer when the balance button is pressed. Will it constantly balance once clicked, or does it deactivate after one balance? I could see that causing a problem with it disengaging after its initial balance.
    Ad Astra Per Astria Porta

Forum users! I'm not always speaking in a moderator capacity. I am a forum user just like you, and I will try to make it clear when I'm doing my volunteer job and when I'm just commenting in support or fun as a regular user. Remember the forums are supposed to be fun, and don't forget to look at the community rules!

Somehow survived the forum explosion of April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsutekh View Post
    Your parts/plugins seem really cool, but wouldn't it be better to condense your three releases into 1 thread?

Also this essentially is auto alt+right clicking and resource transfer when the balance button is pressed. Will it constantly balance once clicked, or does it deactivate after one balance? I could see that causing a problem with it disengaging after its initial balance.
    This will continually keep the resources balanced, or keep transferring resources in/out. It is not a single do-it-and-quit. It also allows transferring between multiple tanks at once, which is something you cannot do with the alt+right clicking.

(It was three threads because the mods are not interrelated. I thought it would be better in the long run to keep the discussions separated. And releases won't coincide quite so much in the future.)

It would would be nice to have groups and sub-groups so that i can know which fuel tanks belong to which ship when i dock.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkevinn View Post
    It would would be nice to have groups and sub-groups so that i can know which fuel tanks belong to which ship when i dock.
    That's about my only issue with this mod so far, it's kinda hard figuring out which fueltank is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman159 View Post
    That's about my only issue with this mod so far, it's kinda hard figuring out which fueltank is which.
    If you click the part name, it will highlight the part in blue. That was added to make it easier to find the part that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkevinn View Post
    Good idea. I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaranisElsu View Post
    If you click the part name, it will highlight the part in blue. That was added to make it easier to find the part that you want.
    Oh? Well in that case, nevermind I said anything and thanks for significantly easier fuel transfer management.

I've been using this for a few months now, I feel it's an excellent plugin, thank you very much!

I only have 2 requests, with those implemented the mod is a 10/10 for me.
    1: I'd love to have an icon left of the altimeter, just like some other plugins like the "kerbal alarm clock". It's sometimes hard to find the part on a big, cluttered ship.
    2: I currently have a screen limitation of 1366x786, which means some tanks can be out of the visible screen area. I'd love to have a scrollbar for those very big launchers.

And I use your other mods too!

I may have found a glitch, sort of.

A test ship of this config: <{Pod][Fuel tank][Fuel tank][Fuel tank][Fuel tank][engine]<|

with lock enabled ONLY for headmost fuel tank on both fuel and oxidizer, OR for ALL OTHER fuel tanks - always draws fuel ONLY from headmost tank. Front tank can still be kept full with IN turned on - but doh, just for you to know.

I love this mod. There are plenty of mods for this game for sure. This is the only one that you actually can't go without if you are building VTOL space planes.