Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Editor Tools

Editor Tools

Hi, just before the servers went down, I found a great mod: it was called something like "editor tools" by deadbeaf. Sadly I do not find this mod anymore.

Does someone knows a similar mod or know if there is a new version of this mod?

Thanks,
    Umbra

Senior Rocket Scientist
    Editor Tools - Adds extra VAB/SPH functionality

[ Download v0.1.1 ]

Thank you does it work für the new ksp version?

Senior Rocket Scientist
    Everything works except holding shift (or alt or ctrl, can't remember now) to disable part clipping.

Great, I don't need that

Thank god, I've been scouring the SpacePort to see if it was on there but I had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't uploaded to there. This helps immensely with the building of aircraft carriers.
    If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!
    -Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Awaras View Post
    Everything works except holding shift (or alt or ctrl, can't remember now) to disable part clipping.
    It's annoying because that was one of the most useful workarounds for the buggy radial tanks. Now you have to hit Alt-F12, grab the menu and move it somewhere else so you don't accidentally pick something up from the parts menu, select the clipping mode and then close the menu again... and then you can attach radials easy again. Before it was hold down CTRL and attach the radial... job done. I hope Deadbeef fixes it or squad fixes the editing system... or even put it back to 18.4.

Senior Rocket Scientist
    All you have to do is place the tank ANYWHERE on the ship before placing it radially in symmetry. I usually keep the top node of my command pod or the bottom node of my engine free until I finish my rocket. Than I can just pop the fuel tank there and then move it to wherever I want it...

Yeah, Deadbeef has been pretty quiet. I hope he comes back with some updates for his plugins. They're some of my favourite.

@Neo I don't think Deadbeef can fix this. Looking at the code it's setting CheatOptions.AllowPartClipping (which, browsing the other functions that class has, is obviously KSP specific rather than Unity), so it appears to be a bug in KSP, I guess. Probably should check whether it's a known bug or not...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast