Thread: transfer fuel?

transfer fuel?

I know there are plugins to magicaly transfere fuel between nearby ships ("quantum resource transfer", "Merlin's"), but I also read that its possible to transfere fuel between docked ships but...

1. I dont know how or do I still need a plugin for this?
    2. I thought I also saw a screen shot where a Kerbal eva a fuel hose to a ship.

Any suggestions on this?

Hold the Alt key and right-click the two tanks you want to transfer between, and it will show the In/Out buttons for doing this. Be aware that you cannot deselect them or the transfer will stop, and this will change your center of mass as it happens.

The screenshot you saw was probably a mod, probably the Quantum Fuel Transfer. Did it look like this or this?

THE KEREAN COMMITTEE
    OF SPACE TECHNOLOGY

Sorry to revive an oldish thread;

Is there a way to quickly transfer fuel?
    Like instead of selecting 2 tanks, just select one and out it to other tanks.

I'm asking because my station has a lot of small radial RCS tanks, and I'd like to be able to refill it from another ship without having to keep re-clicking on each tanks.

Junior Rocket Scientist DChurchill's Avatar
    Not without a mod. TAC Fuel Balancer isn't magic, the craft have to be docked and requires a VAB part, but highly worth it if you have those radial RCS tanks. If you connect a new module to your station with it on there then it will work for the whole station as well as any craft that dock there.

http://kerbalspaceport.com/tac-fuel-balancer-v1-0/
    Last edited by DChurchill; 29th July 2013 at 16:02.

Thanks a lot.

Apparently, the latest version of the mod no longer requires a part. This suggests that you should be able to use it with your space station without making any additions/changes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denninja View Post
    Look for a button near the top right of your screen during a flight.