Thread: Electric Engine.

Spacecraft Engineer

Electric Engine.

Hey I was wondering if anyone had created an engine that was just powered by electricity? If no one knows any such engines, I was considering creating a PROPELLANT module that directs to the batteries of the ship. Would making that module be the best way to go and if so How would I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Deltafee View Post
    Hey I was wondering if anyone had created an engine that was just powered by electricity? If no one knows any such engines, I was considering creating a PROPELLANT module that directs to the batteries of the ship. Would making that module be the best way to go and if so How would I do that?
    FireSpitter has an electric propeller motor. I use it with the HooliganLabs balloon mods. It works as you would expect.

http://kerbalspaceport.com/firespitt...r-plane-parts/

Spacecraft Engineer
    That's pretty cool but i was thinking more like a electronic jet engine sorta of like an impulse engine. I've tried switching the propelent from liquid fuel to electronic but i have a couple more ideas.

Spacecraft Engineer
    Yeah I just figured out it would be alot easier to build an fuel generator than to try to create something complicated. So I created one. Thanks for the cool ideas.