Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing mods and preserving flights

Removing mods and preserving flights

I have added tooooooo many mods to my ksp, and it becomes extremely laggy. I know how to remove mods but i already have mod parts in my two space stations, what do i do D:

Capsule Communicator
    Remove everything except the parts that you have on your station.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

But the mod parts connect my space station if i remove it, it will be in two parts D:

edit: wait let me check
    Last edited by Tacit_cast; 13th May 2013 at 09:25.

Capsule Communicator
    Which is why you need to keep those mod parts in your Parts folder. Just delete all the other parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

ohhhhh ok i get it now
    Last edited by Tacit_cast; 13th May 2013 at 09:33.

But a related question I have is this: If you Do remove parts from the parts folder for a ship that currently exists in flight, what happens? Does it keep the ship around but remove those parts from that ship? Does it keep the ship and NOT remove the parts, therefore causing a bug where it potentially crashes the program because the vehicle is making a reference to nonexistent data? Does it remove the ship entirely if it references nonexistent parts?

And similarly, what does it do to ship designs you've already saved in the VAB using the deleted parts? Will it crash the game if you try to load those ships?

It just says it is unable to load the ship into VAB/ the solar system because of missing parts, effectively deleting them from persistence but keeping them in the VAB

Just tried it - it's terrible! Not only does it fail to load the space station but it DELETED it because of it. Lucky I had 'cheated' and save-scummed before hand. I'll have to edit the save file by hand to remove the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Mading View Post
    Just tried it - it's terrible! Not only does it fail to load the space station but it DELETED it because of it. Lucky I had 'cheated' and save-scummed before hand. I'll have to edit the save file by hand to remove the part.
    If you can get this working, please let us know how. I've tried to do so myself, and even though the part isn't between two things, it removes the entire vehicle once a part is deleted out. I've also tried renaming it and copying the Resources tab to turn the part into a default part whilst leaving it's ID No. and orientation etc and that hasn't worked either...

Quote Originally Posted by Titler View Post
    If you can get this working, please let us know how. I've tried to do so myself, and even though the part isn't between two things, it removes the entire vehicle once a part is deleted out. I've also tried renaming it and copying the Resources tab to turn the part into a default part whilst leaving it's ID No. and orientation etc and that hasn't worked either...
    I ended up giving up and letting the station be deleted and I rebuilt a new one. When I tried copying the station from the old save back in, and then delete just the Buran Arm part from it in the file, It did load the station but something must have been wrong with it because when I try to focus on the station and move control to it, the game crashes, so I assume just deleting the PART section wasn't good enough and created some sort of invalid hanging reference.