Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Cheat

Wink How to Cheat

Hit Alt + F12 on KSP, and you can set everything to no grav, unlimited fuel, unlimited oxygen, debugger (GREAT FOR MODDERS)

ОКБ Раптоп - Lead stabber UmbralRaptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We know. It's in the controls page that's linked to the front page on the wiki

Alternative, you can't cheat. Unless you violate the rules of a challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by UmbralRaptor View Post
    We know. It's in the controls page that's linked to the front page on the wiki

Alternative, you can't cheat. Unless you violate the rules of a challenge...
    I tend to do it in a different save, just to explore

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer mushroomman's Avatar
    If I explore with cheating, it defeats my motivation to actually explore. Heck, I'm mostly unwilling to watch videos of kerbals on other bodies I have yet to visit.

Alpha Torotot Omega Robot Flixxbeatz's Avatar
    Woah! I never heard of that feature before. I can't believe I just found out that thing after playing for long time!

Thanks a lot!

HAIL LORD HELIX!

ORIGINAL JOIN DATE: OCTOBER 2011. SINCE 0.10. AT YOUR SERVICE.
    KERBIN CIRCUMNAVIGATION CHALLENGE | KERBALIZED ROCKETS SHOWCASE
    YOUTUBE GAMING CHANNEL | YOUTUBE MUSIC CHANNEL

That Space Guy Spaceisbeautifulul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like to use the whack-a-kerbal feature on spaceplanes mid-flight.
    I was Grannypigms, until April.

After reading this sentence you'll realize the the brain doesn't notice the second "the". The same applies to my name. Look at it for a little bit before you call me "Spaceisbeautiful".

Space is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie2u View Post
    Hit Alt + F12 on KSP, and you can set everything to no grav ...
    Actually, I think the hack gravity option just severely reduces the amount of gravity, haven't done any tests but I still see a slight downwards acceleration and the map still shows elliptical orbits are possible around Kerbin.

Grayscale Cosmonaut
    There are also several cheat-mods out there to make the game easy, like the Orion Nuclear Drive, or B9s SABRE engines, which make SSTOs easy, or mechjeb, which can fly your rocket for you.

Shhh, don't get that thread-killing discussion in here, probably don't mean anything by it but people will still get fire in their behinds if you talk about it.

Capsule Communicator
    Certainly, the cheats make it easy to do things with rockets that won't otherwise. Mechjeb is computer control of flight useful for building space stations from multiple launches- not really a cheat unless your goal is manual control of flights for that purpose. Currently, KSP is a sandbox where you can do whatever interest you in this sim. Once Career Mode is implemented and you play the game as a career, then the cheats become that.

The gravity cheat is certainly useful for testing spacecraft designs without having to boost them into orbit to see if they will work or not.

The real challenge for long range flights is designing rockets that will do the job without the infinite fuel cheat.