Page 1 of 280 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.23.5] Magic Smoke Industries Parts & Infernal Robotics - 0.14-stable)

[0.23.5] Magic Smoke Industries Parts & Infernal Robotics - 0.14-stable)

Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics
    Making Things Do Stuff

Updated for 0.23 with Techtree!
    Infernal Robotics Parts Pack#1 - v0.14-stable

Download here! Version 0.14

1. Closed Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
    2. Open Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
    3. Powered Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
    4. Powered Hinge 90 Degrees (start with the powered hinge rotated at 90 degrees)(full, half and quarter sized versions)
    5. Industrial Hinge
    6. Docking Washers (for standard, senior and junior docking ports)
    7. Docking Washer Free Moving (standard, senior and junior docking port sizes) (does NOT lock and can't be controlled, I repeat, does not lock nor does it have a powered motor)
    8. Adjustable Rail (full, half, and quarter sized versions)
    9. Large Rotatron (smaller version needs an update from Devo as I don't have the original blender file so that will come out later)
    10. VTOL Rotatron
    11. Piston (full, half, quarter sizes versions)
    12. Telescoping Piston Segment - 9 sizes, stack each size after each other to make a telescoping rod. Credit goes to ZodiusInfuser for the design of the part.
    13. Gantry - 4 sizes. Centered platform gantry for moving things back and forth. You can only have ONE attach point as your base. If you ignore this warning, you will have objects that will float with the platform. You've been warned. Credit goes to ZodiusInfuser for the design of the part.
    14. Gantry Variant - Same as above except the fixed mesh has been swapped. Some requested it. Experiment!
    15. Rotatron - 3 sizes. Rotate stuff.

0.8b update - All have masses relative to their size. Added Tall Powered Hinge 90 degree variant & the Gantry variant. Rotatron now has an attachment node on the bottom.

0.9 update - Minor UI update. I now added an expand/collapse window option for the GUI (both in the editor and during flight). This has been annoying me so I fixed it! That's it for this update. Here's what it looks like in the VAB (functions the same way during flight):
    Still using 0.22? You can download that version here: Version 0.9

0.11 Update
    1. Toolbar Integration. Now hide/show the GUI using the toolbar! Toolbar
    2. Techtree Integration (Thanks Vrana!). I don't play career, if you have a better suggestion let me know.

0.12 Update
    1. Still using toolbar. Sorry if you don't like it. I will eventually add additional code that allows you to just delete the toolbar directory and revert you back to just having the window there all the time.
    2. Merged MrBlaq's code that allows toggling it to move in reverse and to set the min and max travel limits. NOTE: If you set your min to be a positive number and move it the first time it WILL JUMP to that spot. I've tested it with some items attached and didn't notice a problem but I imagine the heavier the parts it may snap off. Your results may vary. You've been warned.
    3. Fixed the toolbar in flight bug. Now you can hide the GUI.

0.13 - Skipped as a joke to those who are superstitious

0.14 - Tentative
    Thanks to omgnull it appeas on the surface that the changes he has found work. I tested it some and haven't found any real issues so far. Give it a try but as usual, save your game in a safe place in case something does go wrong. 0.15 update in the future will convert dll & parts back to a PART and will utilize PartModule within the CFG. The docking bug I believe is fixed with taniwha's version but I will double check.

0.14-stable
    Version is stable. Go have fun. Let me know of any bugs. The docking bug is still present. The toolbar in flight sometimes doesn't want to hide the Servo controls. I'll be working on these in the next update.

Gallery of parts: http://imgur.com/a/7tLOE

Source for 0.12
    Source for 0.12

Source for 0.14 and all future versions
    Source for 0.14

This software & parts are released under the GNU GPL version 3, 29 July 2007.

My free time is quite sparse these days but I make the best of what I can do to keep this plugin going. If you think I deserve anything, feel free to donate.
    Last edited by sirkut; Yesterday at 06:41.

This is fantastic!! My OCD was a gibbering wreck in the corner of the VAB before, but now it is content beyond belief. Thank you very much

Edit: Would you mind putting a link to the required plugin just to make life a bit easier?
    Mod Setup;
    Kethane, Extraplanetary launchpads, Orbital construction, B9 Aerospace, Quantum fuel transfer and struts, Crew Manifest, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Empty tanks, KSPX, Hooligan Lab's Airships, Spherical fuel taniks, KAS, Kerbal alarm and More Electronics.

Many thanks for this, as I said in the other thread this is going to make my life a lot easier joining parts to my large stations - now I can finally start building my Mun station

One request tho if I may, is there any chance you can make square washers so they fit with the Lack Luster parts
    Mission Badges - Sandbox Mode __________________________________________________ __________ Mission Badges - Career Mode
    __________________________________________________ ____________________ ________________

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Many thanks for this, as I said in the other thread this is going to make my life a lot easier joining parts to my large stations - now I can finally start building my Mun station

One request tho if I may, is there any chance you can make square washers so they fit with the Lack Luster parts
    I'll see what I can conjure up.

that's not going to work, since the ports themselves are still square. you'll be able to get the main body aligned, but you'll still have the docking port at an angle, looking like you drew outside the line. in space.

Rocketry Enthusiast
    @Sirkut, I got to play with the washers this evening - they are awesome! Not only do they completely replace the rotatron functionality in a smaller and more aesthetic part, but they work great No bouncing or bugs I've experienced yet. So far, I'm using them to make a low-g vtol probe with ion engines - 'the hummingbird'

Thanks!

Done? Made it slightly larger to support the "Engage Lock" feature once I get it added to Damned Robotics/Infernal Robotics so you can select it easier. Had to use a screenshot to waterpick the orange so I could use it as a "center" indicator. Going to ask Lack Luster Labs first before releasing it to make sure it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkut View Post
    Done? Made it slightly larger to support the "Engage Lock" feature once I get it added to Damned Robotics/Infernal Robotics so you can select it easier. Had to use a screenshot to waterpick the orange so I could use it as a "center" indicator. Going to ask Lack Luster Labs first before releasing it to make sure it's ok.
    Oooo, that looks great, here's hoping Lack doesn't have any objections to us using it. - thank you very much for going to the trouble of figuring it out and making it...
    Mission Badges - Sandbox Mode __________________________________________________ __________ Mission Badges - Career Mode
    __________________________________________________ ____________________ ________________

Infernal robotics still has no source available and as such is in violation of the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DYJ View Post
    Infernal robotics still has no source available and as such is in violation of the forum rules.
    Thanks for the heads up DYJ! I will remove the link and see about placing a fork with my source code which will provide the locking mechanism.