Thread: [0.24.2] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.18.3

[0.24.2] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.18.3

Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics
    Making Things Do Stuff

Infernal Robotics Parts Pack - v0.18.3

Download from Curse
    Download from Kerbalstuff

YOU MUST INSTALL TWEAKSCALE SEPARATELY: Here

1. Closed Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
    2. Open Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
    3. Powered Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
    4. Powered Hinge 90 Degrees (start with the powered hinge rotated at 90 degrees)(full, half and quarter sized versions)
    5. Industrial Hinge currently removed from the package
    6. Docking Washers (for standard, senior and junior docking ports)
    7. Docking Washer Free Moving (standard, senior and junior docking port sizes) (does NOT lock and can't be controlled, I repeat, does not lock nor does it have a powered motor)
    8. Adjustable Rail (full, half, and quarter sized versions)
    9. Large Rotatron (smaller version needs an update from Devo as I don't have the original blender file so that will come out later)
    10. VTOL Rotatron
    11. Piston (full, half, quarter sizes versions)
    12. Telescoping Piston Segment - 9 sizes, stack each size after each other to make a telescoping rod. Credit goes to ZodiusInfuser for the design of the part.
    13. Gantry - 4 sizes. Centered platform gantry for moving things back and forth. You can only have ONE attach point as your base. If you ignore this warning, you will have objects that will float with the platform. You've been warned. Credit goes to ZodiusInfuser for the design of the part.
    14. Gantry Variant - Same as above except the fixed mesh has been swapped. Some requested it. Experiment!
    15. Rotatron - 3 sizes. Rotate stuff.

Tired of wobbly structures? Give ActiveStruts a try (lots of options): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...uts-Dev-Thread

Updated KSPAPIExtensions once again AND recompiled for 0.24.2.

Updated KSPAPIExtensions and removed an unused method. Enjoy.

Removed the IR_TweakScale.dll, added Scale_Redist.dll from TweakScale 1.25. You will NEED to install TweakScale in order for the scaling to work. You can download TweakScale Here If you don't want to use TweakScale for anything other than Infernal Robotics, delete all the cfgs that are located in the GameData\TweakScale directory.

Updated TweakScale, updated configs. You will need to remove the previous install and replace it with the new one.

0.17a
    Replaced KSPAPIExtensions to the updated version. There is still however mass & translation issues. The mass issue I can't fix currently BUT you can however fix the translation issues by changing them manually. I'm waiting for TweakScale to be updated for these fixes.

Recompiled to support 0.24. Included updated KSPAPIExtensions, Toolbar & TweakScale dll.

0.16.5b
    Minor update. Simply provides a better config.xml so people using any resolution will now see the servo control windows.

0.16.5a
    Fixed the TPS scaling issue by replacing the part.cfg. Replace the part.cfg with this one (the folder is TPS) http://www.mediafire.com/view/l46lx9j58okp2hi/part.cfg

Removed code & utilized TweakScale's scale.dll (included don't remove it) ability to hardcode masses. Please replace EVERYTHING, don't just replace the dll.
    NOTE: the TPS (telescopic pistons) is scaled wrong. Replace the part.cfg with this one (the folder is TPS) http://www.mediafire.com/view/l46lx9j58okp2hi/part.cfg

Repaired another scaling issue during loading crafts on the launchpad.

0.16.3 pulled until fixed.
    Implemented my version of how the parts should be scaled and ignored how scale.dll handled the scaling. No more springy joints. You will NEED to replace the part files with the new ones.

Fixed loading crafts that contain IR parts.

Minor update. Fixed loading of subassembly files. Masses are somewhat scaling correctly.

THIS IS SAVED GAME BREAKING. However, you can install right on top of your existing install if you wish to keep your old parts. You'll want to discontinue using those parts. stepIncrement will say *not found* if you wish to go this way for your older parts.
    Due to the implementation of the new TweakScale, this will break your saved game.
    You've been warned.
    You can edit your saved game and replace the parts yourself but it will require a lot of work.
    From here on, there should be no other breaking updates.
    • TweakScale is now implemented. 1 part, 3 sizes! This image is the parts list now.

• Min Translate(or Rotate if using a rotational part): minimum travel a part can make.
    • Max Translate(or Rotate if using a rotational part): maximum travel a part can make.
    • stepIncrement: defines the increment at which you step through the translate/rotate part.
    • Coarse speed: a multiplier to the base speed (formulate is CoarseSpeed * FineSpeed * CustomSpeed(as denoted in the textbox for the servo control window)
    • Fine Speed: a multiplier to the base speed
    • Invert Axis: changes direction of the movement
    • Engage Lock: locks the part from moving
    • Rotate Limits: Only for rotational parts, if you enable this then limits are enforced. You can make a rotatron only move between -45 and 45 degrees for example.
    (not pictured is the Rotate Limits toggle for rotational devices)
    • The GUI has been revamped as well: Non-Toolbar users (seriously, it's time to start using it) will have to deal with the UI showing up the whole time. Just move it to the size of the screen.

0.15d
    • Added In-Flight Servo Group editor window. Change motion keys, change group names, move parts into other groups, etc. Watch the video. White IR button = Servo control, Green IR Button = Group Editor
    • Toolbar is included in the zip. You still have the option of not using the tool bar but be warned that I have no code to hide both the servo AND the group editor window. Just use the toolbar. It's not bad. Honest.

0.15c
    FIXED
    • Ghost servos appearing in the VAB/SPH after removing a chain of 2 or more servos from an assembly.
    • The "rotate" orientation buttons in the VAB/SPH is finally fixed. I wasn't using the Rotate method correctly.
    • Servo will be hidden by default. Want it to appear, toolbar click it. If you choose to not use the toolbar, it will function but the window will always show.
    • stepIncrement values have been changed in the CFG depending on the part. Want to change it, use ModuleManager.

NOT FIXED
    • Move "home" adjusted when the min/max have been changed.

0.15b
    • Fixed bug when using 3rd party parts that don't contain a sound effect.
    • Added stepIncrement KSPField to all CFG files. Currently set at 0.01, if you want to change it, change it to the value you want, restart game or do a database reload. If there is a demand, I may implement an angle step increment tweak.

0.15a
    Last minute update!
    • Removed debugging statement that was causing severe lagging.
    • VAB/SPH rotate feature works again! Closed hinge was on 2X symmetry mode, placed onto the support truss and rotated 180 degrees. Each button press is 45 degrees which is what it did originally.

0.15 is out. Tweakables galore! NOTE: This MIGHT break your saved game. Please make a backup copy and give it a try. Delete the parts AND the plugin as it will not work without doing this important step. To get Dromoman's arms to work. Read this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...=1#post1158720
    Industrial hinge is broken until I figure out why it's misbehaving.

Docking GUI bug fixed. Docking two crafts with the same group names is fixed. They will act together as one group until you undock. Watch!

If you hate the Toolbar plugin, good news. Delete it and you will be forced to have the servo control window up at all times.
    In the VAB/SPH you have tweakables you can set ahead of time before flight. Here's what's available (NOTE: symmetry mode will force all values to propagate to all the parts that are symmetrical. This is a "feature" within the game itself. I can't seem to get around it and others have experienced it too.) Lastly the Min Rotate/Translate and Max Rotate/Translate allows you to limit the amount of travel before going to flight. Once again, symmetry mode persists.

During flight, symmetry mode is thrown out the window and you can control each part individually. You have the group speed control through the servo control window. Then you have the Coarse and Fine controls over the individual part. Lastly the Min Rotate/Translate and Max Rotate/Translate allows you to limit the amount of travel during flight.

Things to remember and future plans
    1. Do not dock two crafts together with docking ports attached to pistons. Sure it's cute but it will screw up one of your craft's piston and will do really crazy things. It's a bug, I know about it.
    2. Don't ask about moving parts in the VAB/SPH. Yes it's a nice feature to have but one miracle at a time.
    3. Electrical charge use? That will probably be in the next release.
    4. kOS integration. Now that I have 0.15 out in the wild (thanks to kreuzung & taniwha) I should be able to resume work!
    5. Work on getting support for RasterPropMonitor: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...(v0-16)-20-Apr
    6. If you encounter a bug. I need to see the output_log.txt file. Search the forums, it's located in various places depending on what system you are using. Zip the file up and get it to me.
    7. I plan on eventually redoing my parts because they don't look stock. It was my first project so sue me on the looks. ZodiusInfuser has some really nice parts if you wish to use them instead. I will eventually make my parts obsolete as he completes his parts. Here's what they look like and where to get them(you may have to do the same change as the Dromoman's arms): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l-Pre-Release)
    8. Work on getting support for RasterPropMonitor: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...(v0-16)-20-Apr

How do I use the gantry and it's variant?

Gallery of parts: http://imgur.com/a/7tLOE

Source for 0.15 and all future versions
    Source for 0.15 (under PartModule branch until I merge)

This software & parts are released under the GNU GPL version 3, 29 July 2007.

My free time is quite sparse these days but I make the best of what I can do to keep this plugin going. If you think I deserve anything (mostly beer!), feel free to donate.

HOW TO INSTALL
    Standard way

While inside the KSP directory

If you want to make your own custom robotic parts, fret no more! I wrote a simple tutorial on how to do so: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...obotics-plugin
    Last edited by sirkut; 28th July 2014 at 07:54.

This is fantastic!! My OCD was a gibbering wreck in the corner of the VAB before, but now it is content beyond belief. Thank you very much

Edit: Would you mind putting a link to the required plugin just to make life a bit easier?
    Mod Setup;
    Kethane, Extraplanetary launchpads, Orbital construction, B9 Aerospace, Quantum fuel transfer and struts, Crew Manifest, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Empty tanks, KSPX, Hooligan Lab's Airships, Spherical fuel taniks, KAS, Kerbal alarm and More Electronics.

Many thanks for this, as I said in the other thread this is going to make my life a lot easier joining parts to my large stations - now I can finally start building my Mun station

One request tho if I may, is there any chance you can make square washers so they fit with the Lack Luster parts
    Mission Badges - Sandbox Mode __________________________________________________ __________ Mission Badges - Career Mode
    __________________________________________________ ____________________ ________________

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    Many thanks for this, as I said in the other thread this is going to make my life a lot easier joining parts to my large stations - now I can finally start building my Mun station

One request tho if I may, is there any chance you can make square washers so they fit with the Lack Luster parts
    I'll see what I can conjure up.

that's not going to work, since the ports themselves are still square. you'll be able to get the main body aligned, but you'll still have the docking port at an angle, looking like you drew outside the line. in space.

Rocketry Enthusiast
    @Sirkut, I got to play with the washers this evening - they are awesome! Not only do they completely replace the rotatron functionality in a smaller and more aesthetic part, but they work great No bouncing or bugs I've experienced yet. So far, I'm using them to make a low-g vtol probe with ion engines - 'the hummingbird'

Thanks!

Done? Made it slightly larger to support the "Engage Lock" feature once I get it added to Damned Robotics/Infernal Robotics so you can select it easier. Had to use a screenshot to waterpick the orange so I could use it as a "center" indicator. Going to ask Lack Luster Labs first before releasing it to make sure it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkut View Post
    Done? Made it slightly larger to support the "Engage Lock" feature once I get it added to Damned Robotics/Infernal Robotics so you can select it easier. Had to use a screenshot to waterpick the orange so I could use it as a "center" indicator. Going to ask Lack Luster Labs first before releasing it to make sure it's ok.
    Oooo, that looks great, here's hoping Lack doesn't have any objections to us using it. - thank you very much for going to the trouble of figuring it out and making it...
    Mission Badges - Sandbox Mode __________________________________________________ __________ Mission Badges - Career Mode
    __________________________________________________ ____________________ ________________

Infernal robotics still has no source available and as such is in violation of the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DYJ View Post
    Infernal robotics still has no source available and as such is in violation of the forum rules.
    Thanks for the heads up DYJ! I will remove the link and see about placing a fork with my source code which will provide the locking mechanism.