Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics
Making Things Do Stuff
Infernal Robotics Parts Pack - v0.18.6a
Download from Curse
Download from Kerbalstuff
YOU MUST INSTALL TWEAKSCALE SEPARATELY: Here
- Closed Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
- Open Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
- Powered Hinge (full, half and quarter sized versions)
- Powered Hinge 90 Degrees (start with the powered hinge rotated at 90 degrees)(full, half and quarter sized versions)
- Industrial Hinge currently removed from the package
- Docking Washers (for standard, senior and junior docking ports)
- Docking Washer Free Moving (standard, senior and junior docking port sizes) (does NOT lock and can't be controlled, I repeat, does not lock nor does it have a powered motor)
- Adjustable Rail (full, half, and quarter sized versions)
- Large Rotatron (smaller version needs an update from Devo as I don't have the original blender file so that will come out later)
- VTOL Rotatron
- Piston (full, half, quarter sizes versions)
- Telescoping Piston Segment - 9 sizes, stack each size after each other to make a telescoping rod. Credit goes to ZodiusInfuser for the design of the part.
- Gantry - 4 sizes. Centered platform gantry for moving things back and forth. You can only have ONE attach point as your base. If you ignore this warning, you will have objects that will float with the platform. You've been warned. Credit goes to ZodiusInfuser for the design of the part.
- Gantry Variant - Same as above except the fixed mesh has been swapped. Some requested it. Experiment!
- Rotatron - 3 sizes. Rotate stuff.
Other parts supported by Infernal Robotics
- SMS Height Adjustable wheels and landinglegs
- ZodiusInfuser's Reworked Models (will replace the stock versions of IR parts eventually)
- Dromoman Robotic Arms NOTE You must implement these changes to get them to work: Source
Tired of wobbly structures? Give ActiveStruts a try (lots of options): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...uts-Dev-Thread
Things to remember and future plansCode:0.18.6a Updated License typo 0.18.6 Fixed EditorLock to prevent UI issues. Thanks again to TriggerAu! 0.18.5 Added folder to include all supported licenses (TweakScale, KSPAPIExtensions) Added Drag & Drop support for moving servos to different groups in the servo editor. No need to click up or down arrows! (Thanks TriggerAU!) Added input locking to prevent clicking THROUGH the UI. (Thanks TriggerAU!) 0.18.4 Updated KSPAPIExtensions 0.18.3 Updated KSPAPIExtensions once again AND recompiled for 0.24.2. 0.18.2 Updated KSPAPIExtensions and removed an unused method. Enjoy. 0.18.1 Removed the IR_TweakScale.dll, added Scale_Redist.dll from TweakScale 1.25. You will NEED to install TweakScale in order for the scaling to work. You can download TweakScale Here If you don't want to use TweakScale for anything other than Infernal Robotics, delete all the cfgs that are located in the GameData\TweakScale directory. 0.18 Updated TweakScale, updated configs. You will need to remove the previous install and replace it with the new one. 0.17a Replaced KSPAPIExtensions to the updated version. There is still however mass & translation issues. The mass issue I can't fix currently BUT you can however fix the translation issues by changing them manually. I'm waiting for TweakScale to be updated for these fixes. 0.17 Recompiled to support 0.24. Included updated KSPAPIExtensions, Toolbar & TweakScale dll. 0.16.5b Minor update. Simply provides a better config.xml so people using any resolution will now see the servo control windows. 0.16.5a Fixed the TPS scaling issue by replacing the part.cfg. Replace the part.cfg with this one (the folder is TPS) http://www.mediafire.com/view/l46lx9j58okp2hi/part.cfg 0.16.5 Removed code & utilized TweakScale's scale.dll (included don't remove it) ability to hardcode masses. Please replace EVERYTHING, don't just replace the dll. NOTE: the TPS (telescopic pistons) is scaled wrong. Replace the part.cfg with this one (the folder is TPS) http://www.mediafire.com/view/l46lx9j58okp2hi/part.cfg 0.16.4 Repaired another scaling issue during loading crafts on the launchpad. 0.16.3 pulled until fixed. Implemented my version of how the parts should be scaled and ignored how scale.dll handled the scaling. No more springy joints. You will NEED to replace the part files with the new ones. 0.16.2 Fixed loading crafts that contain IR parts. 0.16.1 Minor update. Fixed loading of subassembly files. Masses are somewhat scaling correctly. 0.16 THIS IS SAVED GAME BREAKING. However, you can install right on top of your existing install if you wish to keep your old parts. You'll want to discontinue using those parts. stepIncrement will say *not found* if you wish to go this way for your older parts. Due to the implementation of the new TweakScale, this will break your saved game. You've been warned. You can edit your saved game and replace the parts yourself but it will require a lot of work. From here on, there should be no other breaking updates. • TweakScale is now implemented. 1 part, 3 sizes! This image is the parts list now. • • Min Translate(or Rotate if using a rotational part): minimum travel a part can make. • Max Translate(or Rotate if using a rotational part): maximum travel a part can make. • stepIncrement: defines the increment at which you step through the translate/rotate part. • Coarse speed: a multiplier to the base speed (formulate is CoarseSpeed * FineSpeed * CustomSpeed(as denoted in the textbox for the servo control window) • Fine Speed: a multiplier to the base speed • Invert Axis: changes direction of the movement • Engage Lock: locks the part from moving • Rotate Limits: Only for rotational parts, if you enable this then limits are enforced. You can make a rotatron only move between -45 and 45 degrees for example. • (not pictured is the Rotate Limits toggle for rotational devices) • The GUI has been revamped as well: Non-Toolbar users (seriously, it's time to start using it) will have to deal with the UI showing up the whole time. Just move it to the size of the screen. 0.15d
- Added In-Flight Servo Group editor window. Change motion keys, change group names, move parts into other groups, etc. Watch the video. White IR button = Servo control, Green IR Button = Group Editor
- Toolbar is included in the zip. You still have the option of not using the tool bar but be warned that I have no code to hide both the servo AND the group editor window. Just use the toolbar. It's not bad. Honest.
- Ghost servos appearing in the VAB/SPH after removing a chain of 2 or more servos from an assembly.
- The "rotate" orientation buttons in the VAB/SPH is finally fixed. I wasn't using the Rotate method correctly.
- Servo will be hidden by default. Want it to appear, toolbar click it. If you choose to not use the toolbar, it will function but the window will always show.
- stepIncrement values have been changed in the CFG depending on the part. Want to change it, use ModuleManager.
- Move "home" adjusted when the min/max have been changed.
0.15a Last minute update!
- Fixed bug when using 3rd party parts that don't contain a sound effect.
- Added stepIncrement KSPField to all CFG files. Currently set at 0.01, if you want to change it, change it to the value you want, restart game or do a database reload. If there is a demand, I may implement an angle step increment tweak.
0.15 is out. Tweakables galore! NOTE: This MIGHT break your saved game. Please make a backup copy and give it a try. Delete the parts AND the plugin as it will not work without doing this important step. To get Dromoman's arms to work. Read this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...=1#post1158720 Industrial hinge is broken until I figure out why it's misbehaving.
- Removed debugging statement that was causing severe lagging.
- VAB/SPH rotate feature works again! Closed hinge was on 2X symmetry mode, placed onto the support truss and rotated 180 degrees. Each button press is 45 degrees which is what it did originally.
- Do not dock two crafts together with docking ports attached to pistons. Sure it's cute but it will screw up one of your craft's piston and will do really crazy things. It's a bug, I know about it.
- Don't ask about moving parts in the VAB/SPH. Yes it's a nice feature to have but one miracle at a time.
- Electrical charge use? That will probably be in the next release.
- If you encounter a bug. I need to see the output_log.txt file. Search the forums, it's located in various places depending on what system you are using. Zip the file up and get it to me.
How do I use the gantry and it's variant?
Gallery of parts: http://imgur.com/a/7tLOE
Source for 0.15 and all future versions
Source for 0.15 (under PartModule branch until I merge)
This software & parts are released under the GNU GPL version 3, 29 July 2007.
My free time is quite sparse these days but I make the best of what I can do to keep this plugin going. If you think I deserve anything (mostly beer!), feel free to donate.
HOW TO INSTALL
While inside the KSP directory
If you want to make your own custom robotic parts, fret no more! I wrote a simple tutorial on how to do so: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...obotics-plugin