Page 1 of 286 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.90] NovaPunch 2.08. - Dec 17th - 0.90 Compatibility Minor Update

[0.90] NovaPunch 2.08. - Dec 17th - 0.90 Compatibility Minor Update

What exactly IS NovaPunch?

It was originally the merger of two of the biggest and best rocket packs for KSP; SIDR by NovaSilisko and Wobbly Rockets by SundayPunch. For their own reasons, those projects were discontinued, which was a big loss for the KSP community.

I picked them up and decided to keep them up to date as KSP evolved, and now its become one of the largest packs of parts we have. We have just added parts from a third 'abandoned' pack; The Assorted Hardware pack by CaptainSlug, and they're a great addition to the Nova(Slug)Punch family.

The parts are modeled to resemble 'real life' rocketry parts, though they are not intended to replicate any one specific rocket, merely their functions in this make-believe world of Kerbin. It's not balanced to be a strict simulator; its 'realistic but fun' and a great place to start if you are new to KSP Mods.

PLEASE DELETE OLDER VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING NovaPunch 2.08

----====LICENSE====----
    The contents of this mod are copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage by clicking the button below:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

DOWNLOAD from KerbalStuff
    NovaPunch 2 on KerbalStuff Or try the Dropbox Mirror
    (please use Dropbox as a last resort, it has very limited free bandwidth)

(Note: if you are experiencing memory crashes, you should try the Active Texture Management mod: Click here
    it actively reduces the memory usage of all textures in KSP without having to install alternate files. (You will lose some texture quality)

Changelog for 2.08
    ------------------------
    Fixed transparency on the agency logo files for Tiberdyne and Wobbly Rockets so they appear right in the Manufacturer tab in the parts selector.
    Converted the texture for the Bearcat Trinozzle engine from TGA to PNG (You may safely remove the TGA files in that folder only, see installation notes)
    Updated the config files for the Heavy and Heavier strut connectors to use the new Compound object method; also fixed slightly weird scaling for them.

[Spoiler: Older Changelogs]

Frizzank's Updated Parts in 2.0+

Contributors:
    • SundayPunch - Original parts
    • NovaSilisko - Original parts
    • Captain Slug - Original parts
    • Omnivore (modeling, math & balancing research)
    • Straight Chillen (modeling and configuration)
    • Andras (playtesting and engine balance)
    • TIberion (some stuff)
    • frizzank (NovaPunch resident artist)
    • bac9 (new textures for adapter plates)
    • sumghai (Agency logos
    • Cpt Kipard (Agency Logos)
    • therealcrow999 (Agency Logos)

(If I forgot you, yell at me)

This isn't just *MY* project; the work I have done is based on the good work of the original authors. If you feel you have things to contribute to this pack, feel free to contact me or post them for all to see.[*]
    Last edited by Tiberion; 17th December 2014 at 06:56.

Shuttle Booster System |FASA| NovaPunch Remix
    New NP Update 2.08 - Dec 17th - NP Dev Album

Re: NovaPunch (SIDR+Wobbly) Remix Pack (WIP) 0.1alpha

Might give it a go. They were nice parts, but seems to be lots of bugs in them. So I\'ll check out the latest...

PS, best to take out any punctuation from file types. Make it '1_0' or '01' etc.

Removed old changelogs and info. Old changelogs are in the readme in the download. Old versions and the other miscellania from this post can be inquired about via PM with me.

Quote Originally Posted by SRV Ron View Post
    The newly updated Nova Punch mods have been upgraded with several new engine types including some compact Nuclear powered ones. The mods will also integrate in a logical manner into career Mode.

Now, for those already into Career Mode, no problem. The parts will not be available for use until you do the science research on them. For new careers, they will be imminently available on the parts tree in a logical order. If you don't want to use them, as they will give you quite an advantage right away, you can always make them unavailable by moving the mod folder out of the KSP game folder.

Here are some screen shots of what is possible.
    Nova Punch One in the first flight of Career Mode

Nova Punch Two in the first unlocked tier of Career Mode. Note, this can achieve low 70K orbit but may leave Jeb stranded if you are not careful.

Some new designs, a SSTO launch vehicle with the new mini four engine. It was SSTO;

And, a NERVA powered interplanetary design with a near SSTO first stage. (Brace well.)

A very small burn from the NERVA completed the 100k orbit.

Note, if you update with the 0.22 release of Nova Punch, expect some older designs to not load or work properly.
    Last edited by Tiberion; 2nd November 2013 at 15:06.

• [li]updated the part config files (engines and tanks for now) according to the ratios from the IKAO thread[/li]
    Why would you do that? Make new parts / .cfg\'s with the values according to the IKAO, but don\'t 'overwrite'. At the very least release a version with the original cfg\'s so that old rockets continue working.

* Discussion about 1.75 vs. 2m parts - do we like having both, or would edited models upsizing the 1.75m parts be better?
    We want both. There\'ll only be more diameters as the game and mod packs progress. The more options the merrier.

* What additional parts do we need for Mun missions, etc?
    Legs, basically.

* Other things.
    Gimballing on the engines. Rework some SAS modules to RCS, notably Yawmaster.
    Fairing decouplers ( most used parts of these packs I think ) should be a bit less wobbly, possibly have more attachment points?

Name change all the parts so that they don\'t overwrite stuff ( ie are named internally ?) in the rocket builder.

ah, and as an additional note - I am a bit interested in how the original parts reflect in the IKAO - I assume they where overpowered, as in too light?
    I hope you haven\'t touched the engines yet, because those are way too heavy in stock KSP.

Do you have a changelist for what tank you changed from what to what?
    =P

Well, it is a Remix of the two, so its not intended to be installed beside the old version. I suppose I could add a prefix to every internal name so you could have the old one and new one installed together, but you really aren\'t gaining much.

Also: the numbers didn\'t change that much, aside from a few parts which had some weird numbers.

A 'cleaned up' version of the default packs separately too; with the red-texture fix and some folder pre-fixes.

Edit: I added the spreadsheet with the Before and After numbers to the Original post.

Edit2: I did enable gimballing on a lot of the engines, they were in the configs already, I just uncommented them and set the angles. Probably need smaller angles on the big engines for the next version. Once we get some feedback on how the new numbers work I\'ll do some tweaking.

It\'s not terribly hard to find these packs in their last version(s), separately. While I appreciate the thought/effort to combine them, breaking functionality with existing rockets that use these parts makes this a non-starter, IMO.

That is true, renaming the parts would break old ships - as it stands it just updates the stats on the parts, so everything should work fine, at worst you might need to adjust some builds due to weight/power changes.

Right now I don\'t see any parts that need outright removed (aside from breaking off the K1 rocket) so nothing should get broken - just some added/edited parts.

Is this significantly different from the test version I got?

Worked great, btw.
    [quote author=VincentMcConnell link=topic=7238.msg216215#msg216215 date=1339521997]
    I know a LOT about space walks and rocket launches and have a near encyclopedic knowledge of the Apollo program.
    [/quote]

Watch out, we got a badass over here.

Same version, just got permission from Nova finally.

Page 1 of 286 1231151101 ... LastLast