Editor Extensions v2.8 For KSP v1.0.2
21 May 2015
Changes in v2.8
- New strut and fuel line alignment logic
- U snaps strut/fuel line directly between parts, with each end at nearest top, bottom, middle or one-quarter position.
- Alt/Mod-U aligns strut at current height straight between parts, does not snap height on either end.
- Vertical/Horizontal alignment takes no action if part is currently attached to a node (green ball)
- Numpad . (period) centers camera around part under cursor. Incomplete feature - while refocused part dragging is offset. Hitting period with no part under cursor resets back to normal.
Or download from KerbalStuff
- Allows custom levels of radial symmetry beyond the stock limitations.
- Horizontally and vertically center parts.
- Adds radial/angle snapping at 1,5,15,22.5,30,45,60, and 90 degrees. Angles are customizable.
- Toggle part clipping (From the cheat options)
- Re-Align placed struts and fuel lines between parts
- Toggle radial and node attachment of parts
- Reset hangar camera view
- Customize hotkeys
- KSP-AVC versioning support
- Place the part, then once the part is placed, hover over the part with your mouse and press the Vertical or Horizontal snap hotkey.
- For vertical snap, part will center itself on the part lengthwise in the SPH
Strut & Fuel line alignment
- Place the strut, then hover over the base/start of the strut (the first end placed) with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
- Strut/FL start and end with be snapped to the closest of either the middle, quarter, or end of the part, aligned directly between the two parts.
- Mod/Alt-U will reposition the strut/FL directly between the parts, but only level out the strut from the start/parent part.
- V- Vertically center a part. Place the part, hover over it with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
- H- Horizontally center the part. Place the part, hover over it with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
- U- Place the strut, then hover over the base/start of the strut (the first end placed) with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
- X, Shift+X- Increase/Decrease symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
- Alt+X- Reset symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
- C, Shift+C- Increase/Decrease angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)
- Alt+C- Reset angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)
- T- Attachment mode: Toggle between surface and node attachment modes for all parts, and when a part is selected, will toggle surface attachment even when that part's config usually does not allow it.
- Alt+Z- Toggle part clipping (CAUTION: This is a cheat option)
- Space- When no part is selected, resets camera pitch and heading (straight ahead and level)
Demonstration of strut alignment:
In your KSP GameData folder, delete any existing EditorExtensions folder.Download the zip file to your KSP GameData folder and unzip.
Released under MIT license.
Source available at GitHub: https://github.com/MachXXV/EditorExtensions