Fairings that automatically reshape for any attached payload:
Download from Kerbal Stuff | GitHub
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use (Imgur album, somewhat obsolete)
Licensed under CC BY terms (attribution)
- In career mode, minimum and maximum size is limited by tech. You won't be able to resize bases far from 1.25m at first, but as you unlock new aerodynamics and construction tech larger (and smaller) sizes become available.
- Unlike KW Rocketry fairing bases, Procedural Fairings' fairing bases intentionally lack a decoupler, allowing docking nodes, structural parts, multiple payloads, etc. The fairing bases can be so modded as to include a decoupler.
- Compatible with FAR and KSP 1.0 aerodynamics.
- Bug reports, suggestions and any other feedback is welcome!
- Simple procedural decoupler with shroud for engines that lack built-in fairings and engine clusters.
- Procedural nose cone.
- Stock-alike fairing bases with non-part side panels.
- Side fairing part with switchable textures and shapes.
- More side fairing styles, matching KW Rocketry, AIES, NovaPunch, etc.
- More complicated texture mapping schemes for less texture stretching etc.
- Documentation and tutorial for creating side fairings.
- Particle effects on jettison.
If you want to support me, here's my Patreon.
[Spoiler: Version history]
Funding provided by FlexGunship.