Thread: Stabilizer Tower

Question Stabilizer Tower

Can anyone make different type of stabilizer towers? It can be as basic as the one that was in .18 or it can be staged like the one used for Apollo or the one used for Soyuz launches. And one more thing: Can you make it that it doesn't explode when we launch? It's so annoying to see it exploding when I launch any rockets.

Blog Entries
    The stock stabilizer towers don't explode. IIRC, there is a mod that causes them to explode - I got rid of that mod as soon as I discovered that "feature".

Lazor Systems is what causes (or did) the launch towers to explode when staged. Its an explosion not capable of causing damage.

Oh I see. Thank you for that. I wish I knew 3D modeling so I could make those parts but unfortunately I don't understand a thing about 3D modeling.

Quote Originally Posted by miracmert View Post
    Oh I see. Thank you for that. I wish I knew 3D modeling so I could make those parts but unfortunately I don't understand a thing about 3D modeling.
    I dont think that would help. Even if you made your own towers, if the game sees them as launch towers and your running lazor systems mod they will explode.
    As far as I know there is no way within Lazor systems to disable that feature, but I have kinda lost track of that thread so I could be wrong on that.

Spacecraft Engineer
    Well, its because the Lazor mod had/has a glitch that made the launch clamps keep up with the rocket during its vertical ascend instead of leaving them on the ground, and bump into it as soon as you tried to make a turn.. So it appears, instead of fixing the bug, it now has a feature that blows them up so they don't follow you all the way into space.
    Quote Originally Posted by corvustech View Post
    Honestly in find docking to be similar to plugging things into a usb port. Ram into it, marvel that it didn't break, rotate it so it fits, realize it was the right side up the first time, rotate it back, connect.