I'd like to present to you all the way from Hubs' Electrical:
If you want to see the full preview of the Eve EE check out HoY's Epic journeys to the Easter Eggs of KerbTown:
Eve EE Discovery, Mun Beta EE - The second Journey, Mun Beta EE - The first Journey
What is KerbTown?
KerbTown is a content creators tool that comes with some content of it's own.
Essentially the core function of KerbTown is to allow you lovely creative people to instantiate your own models, cities, mountains, caves, elevators, roads, runways, dragons, aliens, toilets ... ahem.. into the game.
The great thing about this is that you can also script these objects in any way you want! You can literally write your own miniature game inside the KSP Universe.
If that's not your style, you could just place those lovely runways and coffee houses you'd been wanting to for so long, or how about that mun base?
Still not you? Well.. that's alright. The KerbTown plugin not only allows content creators to place their content into the game - it also allows them to share it with you.
Look out for these content packages in the near future!
Now, hopefully you understand that these objects are static and don't need to be launched.. you just kind of, have them there, like.. always.
These other models became very essential to me in making the game more immersive during the downtime phases when I was not flying, sailing, crashing.. all that good stuff.
I figured we all need some good tools to create more diverse content for KSP to become even more awesome - then along came KerbTown.
This plugin is still in development. Think of this as a beta. Test it for me, report some bugs, tell me how awesome I am - all of that.
I would really appreciate the testing! It will push development faster. Faster development = more content.
Any information you can give me is helpful. Take a look at the changes below and see if you can assist with any information about the known bugs.
For example, when the bug occurs - do you notice anything that is out of the ordinary? (Did Kerbin suddenly turn yellow?)
You have been brave reading thus far, be brave once more and read on for instructions and download links!
There are TWO downloads - one is the plugin, the second is content. Get them both if you are new to KerbTown
KerbTown V0.13 Beta (0.21 Compatible)
KerbTown Beta Tester Content (49.5 MB) - Some of the content in this pack may only be available for the beta.
MOD EDIT: New updated download available here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...27#post1052327
Don't have a PDF Viewer for the Manual (and you don't want one)? The manual is available online
Also you can get a bigger version of each of the pictures in the manual from here
Total package contains (Content + Plugin):
- Plugin (+ Plugin Assets)
- Beta Easter Egg seen in video (will be removed in a future update).
- Beta Floating Launch Site (will be removed in a future update).
- Easter Egg on Eve.
- Config. template
Source Code Viewable @ GitHub
There is a manual included in the download or online now. Please read it.
Read the manual, and if you have a question - please ask.
.dll" file is licensed with the Creative Commons BY-ND 3.0
For the attribution requirements:
1. A link to this page with your packaged distributions (in a text file for example).
2. Any projects using KerbTown must also provide a link to this thread somewhere notable.
For example, in the first post of your thread, or in the YouTube video description.
You must also leave the license.txt file unmodified and packaged together with the library.
The source code for KerbTown
is now Copyrighted © 2013 Ryan Irecki. All rights reserved.
This is subject to change in the future.
Any content you distribute is yours. License your content as you please.
If you are using models/materials/or any other content that is licensed then do not forget to read that said license and be certain you are allowed to distribute it in the way you plan.
I cannot be held liable for any content you distribute which was not created by me.
Version 0.13 Beta
- Added native module: TimeOfDayController for those lovely night-time emissive animations.
- Added feature: per-persistence instances for scenarios and saves.
- Added a "Initialize" button which will call OnFirstSetup() on the static object when clicked.
- Fixed script reference destructor.
- Other minor changes and fixes.
Currently Known Bugs
- Mesh Colliders will reactivate as soon as a static object is translated to another position. (Unity Bug)
Temporary work around: Create the instance of your object and then type into the "R Offset" field an altitude a bit higher than your current vessel altitude and click "Update" then re-position as per normal.
- The KerbTown camera controller will cause issues when switching to IVA while placing or creating a static object.
- Launch sites will not get cleared properly.
If you have a bug to report, I need some things from you first.
- The error log (KSP_Data/output_log.txt)
- The steps you took to cause the issue.
- Can you replicate the issue constantly?
- If you are using a custom-made static object, please send me the distributable file as well (.mu).
- As with above, let me know the exact path from inside the KSP folder to the custom-made static object.
Those in bold are planned or already in testing for the next update.
- Further add to the latest release's changes.
- Fix bug that causes launch sites to not be cleared. (caused by renaming feature)
- Add LOD options (different models/objects enabled for different distances).
- Add generic part module for instantiating static objects from parts when event criteria is met (i.e. button).
- Add local database for static objects to enable reloading without reloading the entire KSP Game Database.
- Add generic movie playback component for cinematic objects.
- Add support for KSP Prefabs, if permitted.
- More secret stuff.
- Fix bugs, of course.
Add per-vessel launch site saves. No longer planned for development. Add support for resources. No longer planned for development.
Projects using KerbTown
Link back to this page and you're likely to get a link here. If you're distributing KerbTown you should be anyway lol.
P.S: For those interested, PQSCity is used in the development of this plugin to get these lovely models placed in game.
We could just instantiate them in there, but that's no fun!
P.P.S: Documentation is fresh, there needs to be more information - but I need your help with that. Give me feedback please!