Another pre-release of version 0.9 is now available: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...=1#post1281444. Read the warnings carefully as this release is not compatible with version 0.8 and before. Download from the post linked above because the download links below have not been updated yet.
Thunder Aerospace Corporation is proud to offer a sneak peak at our new Life Support system.
Many Kerbal lives were bravely sacrificed to bring you the latest in biological needs.
- Kerbals require resources to survive, whether in a vessel or on EVA: Food, Water, Oxygen, Electricity (for air quality and climate control)
- They produce waste resources: CarbonDioxide, Waste, WasteWater
- They will die if they go without resources for too long: 30 Kerbin days without food, 3 Kerbin days without water, 2 hours without Oxygen, and 2 hours without Electricity
- Crewed pods come stocked with 1 day (24 hours) worth of resources.
- When a Kerbal goes on EVA, he takes a half day (12 hours) of each resource with him in the EVA suit, taking from the pod that he was in.
- Kerbals do require resources even when their vessel is not active, and they can die if you leave them alone for too long.
- The system tries to warn when resources are low and again when resources run out. No guarantees. It no longer limits Time Warp.
- Now includes recycling parts for converting CarbonDioxide back into Oxygen, WasteWater back into Water, filtering Oxygen out of IntakeAir, and splitting Water into Oxygen and Waste (hydrogren).
- Now allows you to enable/disable the mod on a saved-game basis. No more uninstalling/reinstalling when switching between saved games.
- Includes Hex Can containers from Greys for Food, Water, and Oxygen (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...read.php/33754)
- Also includes some inline containers made by me for Food, Water, and Oxygen. Yes, I know they are ugly, I am learning. Better textures are available from regex, WafflesToo, jfjohnny5, and thecoshman.
- eggrobin made an Electrolyser and a Fuel Cell part: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post852345
- Talisar's "Spherical and Toridal Tank Pack": http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30673
- Somnambulic Aerospace -- Life Support Parts: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66479
- mossman's Brass Moustache Industrial supply -- Air and Water filter parts: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69212
- Universal Containers by New Horizons and Strana Mechty Engineering: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/73455
- Better RoveMates by Codey737: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75873
- There are bugs that still need to be worked out.
- I am dynamically adding my PartModule and resources to parts that can hold crew that do not already have them.
- The resource amounts sometimes do not show up in the VAB/SPH. They will show once you move to the launchpad or runway.
- There is no warning that a vessel far away is running out of resources. You might switch back to a vessel to find the entire crew dead.
- Filling up with waste resources (carbon dioxide, waste, waste water) has no effect. Any excess is dumped overboard, and you lose the opportunity to convert them back into good resources.
- Kerbals will not start requiring resources until the first time that you focus the vessel, or get close enough that it loads -- within the 2.3 km load distance.
- There are no restrictions on making parts that contain the resources or the recycling modules used by this mod. Let me know if you make some or if you adapt other parts, and I will add a link above.
Make sure you backup your save before installing this mod. This is a prerelease version. I take no responsibility for anything that can or will go wrong. This mod intentionally kills Kerbals. Be aware. It should be stable enough to use on your main save (I am), but no guarantees.
Alternate location: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLi...eleases/latest
Source code available on GitHub: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport
Requires Module Manager, which can be downloaded from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219
Works with the Toolbar mod from blizzy78. Not required, but if you have it, the icon will be added to the toolbar instead of being by itself.
- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post863119
- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post855795
- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post827440
- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post787320
- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post786379
- See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post784193
Added link to regex's part textures. Thanks regex!
Added link to Talisar's spherical tanks. Thanks Talisar!
- Updated to work with 0.21.1
- Added resource containers, both HexCans and some parts that I created.
- Resource requirements work in vessels and on EVA