Page 50 of 237 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.25] TAC Life Support v0.10.1 [10Oct] [No Win64 Support]

Well, since you all are getting way ahead of me on texturing, may I make a request? What icon should I use for the Life Support button so that I can add it to the toolbar? I would prefer one that can be green when everything is good, turn yellow when a ship might need attention, and turn red when a ship is in dire straights -- like the numbers in the monitoring window do now. I was thinking of using the food one from above. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Lead Engineer, Thunder Aerospace Corporation
    Products: Fuel Balancer, Atomic Clock, Self-Destruct, Part Lister, Life Support, Sticky Controls

Is KSP crashing? Something not working right? Get some help for modded installs or unmodded installs. Help us help you

Quote Originally Posted by nullreference View Post
    I think there is an issue with the intake air module, my jet engines flame out at a around 3km altitude
    More information please...

Were you using the converter module that turns IntakeAir into Oxygen? Did you try it with and without that part? Were there any errors in the debug window? Which OS are you using: Windows/Mac/Linux? Is it happening with one particular plane or with several? Could you post pictures of your planes?
    Products: Fuel Balancer, Atomic Clock, Self-Destruct, Part Lister, Life Support, Sticky Controls

Is KSP crashing? Something not working right? Get some help for modded installs or unmodded installs. Help us help you

Quote Originally Posted by TaranisElsu View Post
    Did you launch the rocket? It does not do anything until the rocket or plane is launched. That way you can timewarp to your launch window without worrying about the crew.
    Sorry i didnt realise that you had to launch the rocket, ill try again and see if it works after launching.
    My craft
    The ships hung in the sky in the same way that bricks don't
    - Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Could you please add a hibernation module and a greenhouse module?

Quote Originally Posted by Siberius View Post
    Could you please add a hibernation module and a greenhouse module?
    Hibernation module is rather self explanatory, let a kerbal survive of nothing but electricity (to power the module) whilst he is in hibernation. Maybe impose some sort of time delay or limit on the time a guy can be in hibernation perhaps.

What exactly do you propose a greenhouse module would do? There is already a CO2->O2 convertor... would it basically be one of those, but slower and not requiring electricity? It would surely have to also require water, no? I guess maybe it could use some of the waste to sustain itself too, might need to fudge over exactly how that works though.

Ok... I couldn't help myself. I kept thinking about the feedback that the water icon looked like a flame, and I had to adjust it. So as long as I was changing that, I decided to adjust the inline containers to look like the others I had done. Sorry regex, I hope you don't mind me tweaking your work. You can tell storage apart from converters by the middle band - dark with a color accent for storage. Light for converter.

So once I was done with that I realized that I wasn't super happy with the colors. I mean Kerbals are very green. It stands to reason that might be a result of eating a lot of green food. So I changed the color for the "Food" resource across the board. There are a few other details here and there. Check the back of the inline modules.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...r_Textures.zip

In the end it's a simple iconographic style; which I'm a fan of. I hope you like it. And Taranis, provided regex is cool with it, I'm fine with you packaging these textures up as part of the mod if you'd like.

Updated screenshot:
    Last edited by jfjohnny5; 22nd December 2013 at 17:52.
    Customizable Mission Flags: http://www.curse.com/shareables/kerb...-mission-flags
    Create flags unique to your planned mission profile!

Well, since you all are getting way ahead of me on texturing, may I make a request? What icon should I use for the Life Support button so that I can add it to the toolbar? I would prefer one that can be green when everything is good, turn yellow when a ship might need attention, and turn red when a ship is in dire straights -- like the numbers in the monitoring window do now. I was thinking of using the food one from above. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    If you want the Fork & Knife with Green, Yellow, and Red backgrounds, just PM me what you need. I can get you the original Photoshop files as well if you'd like.
    Customizable Mission Flags: http://www.curse.com/shareables/kerb...-mission-flags

Quote Originally Posted by jfjohnny5 View Post
    If you want the Fork & Knife with Green, Yellow, and Red backgrounds, just PM me what you need. I can get you the original Photoshop files as well if you'd like.
    I would like that. I was just looking up the size: please make them 24x24. And yes, please include the Photoshop files in case I need to tweak something.

Quote Originally Posted by jfjohnny5 View Post
    So then I changed the "Life Support" band to be a collection of all three colors, better representing it's purpose.
    Got to say, this slight detail is a bit of a turn off for me. It makes the texture a bit too busy for my liking. May I suggest you go for either a very bright white, or something like brown, or maybe purple?

I also feel this might need some more details... regex's had some nice 'connection points' maybe something like that could be added back in?

Also, one thing I did with my HexCan textures was have the symbols on three sides (alternating) just makes it a bit easier to have the symbols aligned so that they are facing out and easy to see.

I would like that. I was just looking up the size: please make them 24x24. And yes, please include the Photoshop files in case I need to tweak something.
    Sent you a PM with the files.