Page 145 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1504

Thread: Kerbin Mini Shuttle

Junior Rocket Scientist helldiver's Avatar
    Semi final update:

-KSO Phase 1 is now mastered.

-All art for Phase I and all technical items are complete.

-As a heads up, there will be changes after release (possible config changes, and possible art/texture swapping). That means you may have to delete your craft files or may be incompatibilities. We don't think there will be, but just a heads up before you get too attached.
    -Release will include high resolution textures. A low resolution alternate download will be available soon after.
    -Although the shuttle is easy to fly and pretty "new KSP user" friendly, it still requires some practice and skill. Nazari and I will compile a tutorial which will make available with the download and/or the thread in the add-on release forums once we release this thing.

Still to do:
    -I'm doing the descriptions now (Superbowl tied me up most of the day).
    -Plugin permissions and release authorizations.

[Edit]
    Just had a perfect IVA Landing. HUD worked perfectly. Although right before touchdown I switched to the external view since I wasn't certain if the gear extended and I got scared...

By the way, no twitch or shaky cam, or anything. Smooth ride into final with a lovely flare.

It's all in the launch. If your launch is good and efficient you'll have a perfect descent. I even came back with some fuel to spare. We're leaving it like that to compensate for missions, circularizations, and some margin of error. This thing is dialed!

Last edited by helldiver; 3rd February 2014 at 09:48.

Initiating roll program SkyHook's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We are getting close! I have said this before, but I will say it again. I will be more than happy to test/tweak an FAR iteration of the shuttle. This beauty will be a staple in my launch vehicle lineup

Will be add deadly reentry plugin to the heatshield? It would be more awsome!

Sr. Spacecraft Engineer
    Amazing. One thing I'm gonna attach to this thing once it gets released is a drag chute for cool landings

Somehow I think this should be in stock game - but for around 100.000 science

Spacecraft Engineer
    This is looking absolutely staggering. Helldiver, after this is released any chance of posting up the model of the shuttle before it was separated into parts? I know someone with a serious 3-D printer and the idea of having a model KSO sitting on my desk while I fly missions with the virtual one excites my nerd parts!

Progie the Progenitor The Error's Avatar
    Judging from dem images, either you take great pleasure in swapping out names on the texture for images, or the shuttle can be renamed. Can you tell us which, or leave us to guess while snickering evil-y?

Ad astra per aspera.

I'm guessing there are a few command pods to choose from sporting different names.

Anyway, I am freaking pumped for the release of this! Nazari and helldiver, this is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Error View Post
    Judging from dem images, either you take great pleasure in swapping out names on the texture for images, or the shuttle can be renamed. Can you tell us which, or leave us to guess while snickering evil-y?

They are probably just edit/changing the name in the texture but I could be wrong

Bottle Rocketeer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Error View Post

helldiver, pleaaaaase tell us that we can custom name the shuttle :3
    Last edited by Flaminatrix1; 3rd February 2014 at 11:07.