Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MechJeb 2.0.9 Not working after attaching to ship

MechJeb 2.0.9 Not working after attaching to ship

Hello, I created an account just for this issue. I have version .21 and MechJeb 2.0.9. I can attach the part to the ship, but when I go to the launchpad, the menu doesn't show up. Have I missed something?

Bottle Rocketeer
    Blog Entries
    *deleted* - Moving to appropriate place.
    Last edited by Daniel Kerpernicus; 26th July 2013 at 11:53.

might i suggest you both refer your bug reports to the mechjeb release thread. it might also be a good idea to show some appreciation to the mod maker who pushed out this build of mechjeb within a day of release of 0.21, no mean feat
    Victim of the 2013 Forum Apocalypse

Spacecraft Engineer
    Did you install it correctly?

The \Parts\ and \Plugins\ folder should both be in:
    \KSP_win\GameData\MechJeb2\

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderB View Post
    Did you install it correctly?

The \Parts\ and \Plugins\ folder should both be in:
    \KSP_win\GameData\MechJeb2\
    Thanks for this I found my way to this thread with exactly this problem and it was all about not putting it in the correct folders! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by corvus2606 View Post
    might i suggest you both refer your bug reports to the mechjeb release thread. it might also be a good idea to show some appreciation to the mod maker who pushed out this build of mechjeb within a day of release of 0.21, no mean feat
    This was exactly it, thank you.

Hi im having the same problem. I have the part and can put it on my ships but i get no menus appear. Im running ksp 0.21 and have been using mechjeb for a while now on various versions of KSP with no problems. My current setup is as follows:

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
    8 GB Ram
    Dual Xeon 3.4Ghz processors (Not dual core but 2x physical processors with hyper threading)
    1gb ATI 5450 (Crap card i know)
    Dual boot with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

It all works fine on KSP 0.21 under Ubuntu steam but i get poor fps in ubuntu due to the instability of their gfx card drivers so want to play it through win 7. Ive been on this days now and its almost like something is just broke because ive never had any problems installing and using MJ before. I even downloaded the updated mechjeb2.dll file and replaced the old one but no joy. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled many times with both 0.20 and 0.21 by opting in and out of the betas. This is insane how it just wont work and i havent found a solution yet that can fix it. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstud007UK View Post
    Hi im having the same problem. I have the part and can put it on my ships but i get no menus appear. Im running ksp 0.21 and have been using mechjeb for a while now on various versions of KSP with no problems. My current setup is as follows:

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
    8 GB Ram
    Dual Xeon 3.4Ghz processors (Not dual core but 2x physical processors with hyper threading)
    1gb ATI 5450 (Crap card i know)
    Dual boot with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

It all works fine on KSP 0.21 under Ubuntu steam but i get poor fps in ubuntu due to the instability of their gfx card drivers so want to play it through win 7. Ive been on this days now and its almost like something is just broke because ive never had any problems installing and using MJ before. I even downloaded the updated mechjeb2.dll file and replaced the old one but no joy. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled many times with both 0.20 and 0.21 by opting in and out of the betas. This is insane how it just wont work and i havent found a solution yet that can fix it. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
    No menus? Or BLANK menus?

And are they new ships or are they ships that existed under a previous version of KSP / Mechjeb?

No menus at all, and they are all bog standard ships on a fresh install with no other mods just mechjeb. Its doin my head in as i like mechjeb to get me into orbit and handle some of the more difficult manovers. Ive never had a problem until now in any version.

Ok update for my previous post problem. Ive scratched my head for hours now and decided to uninstall Comodo antivirus. This solved the issue of no menus appearing, now i get the tab on the right in the VAB but it wont allow me to attach the control module to my ship. (stock KSP 0.20 install). It makes the click sound but wont attach to the ship. 2 steps forward 3 steps back. At least i got a different problem to research now. Watch this space. As soon as i have fixed this issue i will post what i did in an effort to share the solution with others.