Thread: Command Module question :

Command Module question :

So I successfully launched a .. uh.. we'll call it a satellite , into orbit. And I have a PPD-12 Cupola command module on it, the min crew to operate is listed as 1, which I have kerbal in it. How many can it hold as max crew?
    Last edited by Herbin; 26th July 2013 at 19:44. Reason: Question was answered.

Only 1 sadly.

I wish we had a large command pod for space stations. I edited mine to hold 3 and also have a few hitchhikers (2 max I think IIRC) on my space station.

Versed Astronautics & Space Exploration (VASE)
    "Proudly Conquering Space & Bettering Kerbin Since v0.19.1"

v0.22 Progress

Yep unfortunately they fill every seat and don't leave any room. If you want to pick up your Kerbals and don't want to lug around the hitchhiker module you can use the Mk3 cockpit (shuttle cockpit) or the MK1-2 command module and send one of your kerbals on eva before takeoff. This frees up a slot to retrieve your friend.

How many kerbals does a hitchhiker hold?

Future Aerospace Engineer astropapi1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbin View Post
    How many kerbals does a hitchhiker hold?
    Four, but it isn't a command module.

Dres is a sad and lonely space potato.

Rocketry Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by annallia View Post
    Yep unfortunately they fill every seat and don't leave any room. If you want to pick up your Kerbals and don't want to lug around the hitchhiker module you can use the Mk3 cockpit (shuttle cockpit) or the MK1-2 command module and send one of your kerbals on eva before takeoff. This frees up a slot to retrieve your friend.
    With 0.21 you can just launch with only one kerbal on board. If you use the PPD-12 and a Hitchhiker can you will be able to have a pilot and fill the can with whomever needs to be picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by krenshala View Post
    With 0.21 you can just launch with only one kerbal on board. If you use the PPD-12 and a Hitchhiker can you will be able to have a pilot and fill the can with whomever needs to be picked up.
    I havent updated yet, and don't plan to until I know the mods that I am using (my own + a few from here) won't break with it. Currently a few of my mods are broken, haven't looked to see if Mechjeb or Quantum strut are working with 0.21 yet.

Drunken Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by annallia View Post
    I havent updated yet, and don't plan to until I know the mods that I am using (my own + a few from here) won't break with it. Currently a few of my mods are broken, haven't looked to see if Mechjeb or Quantum strut are working with 0.21 yet.
    MechJeb is working fine. Quantum Struts freezes your game when you go back to the space centre after a flight, so, not working...
    What man is a man that doesn't make the world better?

My launch profiles are filed under 'BFI,' for 'Brute Force and Ignorance.'

"I have a million ideas. They all point to certain death." - Marvin

Junior Rocket Scientist
    Four I think.

You can choose your crew before liftoff including empty seats. From the space center click on the launch facility (runway or pad) and it'll give you those options.