Page 772 of 1265 FirstFirst ... 272672722762770771772773774782822872 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 12643

Thread: [0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

  1. #7711
    Now I may be wrong, but is there beamed power in this mod, like scott manleys? When I installed the mod I did not see it.

  2. #7712
    Quote Originally Posted by darklordchris View Post
    Im Building one of these to.

    But im have issues geting the collector parts into orbit as there so flimsy.

    Can someone redo these parts to look and work better in a station
    On solution is to send up each spoke as a seperate unit. A stack of colectors siting on an AM containment unit and a docking port is realitively easy to launch as all forces are along its centerline. Get the core of the station into your desired orbit and send up each spoke individualy and dock it to the station. As you cant strut it without another mod it will probably be too flopy to move once assembled hence why I suggest building it in the final orbit.

    Then agian like someone suggested extraplanetary launchpads is also an option to just build in orbit.

    Quote Originally Posted by GGMC View Post
    Now I may be wrong, but is there beamed power in this mod, like scott manleys? When I installed the mod I did not see it.
    yes this is the mod that manly uses for the beamed power. Look in the utility tab for the reactors generators trancievers and recievers. If they are not there your either in campaign mode and havent unlocked the parts or you somehow installed the mod incorectly.
    Last edited by merendel; 24th March 2014 at 17:48.

  3. #7713
    Spacecraft Engineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK / UAE
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveFunctionP View Post
    Breeding rate issues aside. The tooltip explosion has commenced. I'm not convinced that this is a good solution. Maybe altogether different approach is appropriate.
    {SNIP}
    That looks so much better... I'd rather see lengthy tooltips that actually tell you something useful than the current system.

    Do you know if it's possible to edit the wiki? There is SOME good information in there but a lot missing as well, or there was from the perspective of someone new to the mod. Would happily spend some time adding to it.
    0.21 / 0.22 / 023 Sandbox Game

  4. #7714
    Quote Originally Posted by merendel View Post
    On solution is to send up each spoke as a seperate unit. A stack of colectors siting on an AM containment unit and a docking port is realitively easy to launch as all forces are along its centerline. Get the core of the station into your desired orbit and send up each spoke individualy and dock it to the station. As you cant strut it without another mod it will probably be too flopy to move once assembled hence why I suggest building it in the final orbit.

    Then agian like someone suggested extraplanetary launchpads is also an option to just build in orbit.

    I am sending the collectors in seperate trips. Its going to take 24 trips, but I cant even get 1 in to orbit with out it breaking in 2 then exploding(collisions).

    Maybe I will use extraplanetary launchpads, was planing on using it for planetary base building.

  5. #7715
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristavius View Post
    That looks so much better... I'd rather see lengthy tooltips that actually tell you something useful than the current system.

    Do you know if it's possible to edit the wiki? There is SOME good information in there but a lot missing as well, or there was from the perspective of someone new to the mod. Would happily spend some time adding to it.
    Yes, anyone can edit the wiki.

  6. #7716
    Quote Originally Posted by darklordchris View Post
    I am sending the collectors in seperate trips. Its going to take 24 trips, but I cant even get 1 in to orbit with out it breaking in 2 then exploding(collisions).

    Maybe I will use extraplanetary launchpads, was planing on using it for planetary base building.
    So a single stack was doing the wobble wobble boom dance? you could try kerbal joint reinforcement it might make it a bit better behaved. I run KJR and had no problem sending up a 10stack of colectors siting on a 2.5 storage and a 2.5 docking port as a quick test. well no problems other than I didnt give it enough dV to achieve orbit but it got suborbital just fine. That was also with ferram to make it more intresting.

    Baring that you could strut the thing. build a frame of girders from below the stack with some vertical risers. strut the risers togeather, strut the stack to the risers. Possibly even strut the lower section of the frame down lower on the rocket. many wobbly rocket problems can be solved with stratigic usage of struts.

  7. #7717


    Made chuckle, is all.

  8. #7718
    space engineer n training Shadoworgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    112
    quick question, is the ability to get science from impacts from a slightly tweaked seismic sensor, or is it a completely different (but looks the same) part? because i looked in my tabs didnt see another one, but my seismic sensor doesnt have the "record" button on it...

  9. #7719
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoworgon View Post
    quick question, is the ability to get science from impacts from a slightly tweaked seismic sensor, or is it a completely different (but looks the same) part? because i looked in my tabs didnt see another one, but my seismic sensor doesnt have the "record" button on it...
    It's on the ordinary seismic sensor.

  10. #7720
    intalled the mod but why do i keep crashing after it finish loading ?? im using steam btw... Im not sure how to upload pictures here but everything is inside the game data folder. whats wronggggg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •