Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.23.5] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 3.0 - Updated 12/18/13)

[0.23.5] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 3.0 - Updated 12/18/13)

Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 3.0)

The Docking Port Alignment Indicator is designed to help you dock manually, by presenting target alignment and relative position in a clean and intuitive manner.

"I've created this mod and continue to update it because I love playing KSP and watching her develop. DPAI will always remain freely available to the community, but if you enjoy using the mod and would like to donate to my "Programming Fund" (read: fancy coffee addiction), you can click the donation button below. Any amount, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!"
    --NavyFish

Features:
    • Requires no special parts! Use it on existing ships with ease.
    • Provides orientation indicators for yaw, pitch, and roll, and displays a “Turn Towards” arrow when alignment is too far off.
    • Displays “Course Deviation” from your target’s approach centerline.
    • Displays distance to target, and closure velocity.
    • Velocity vector depicts translational movement with respect to centerline.
    • Easy-to-read, simple gauge, designed to be intuitive and modeled after real-world aerospace instrumentation.

Changelog:
    Version 3.0 - Released 12/18/2013
    • [update] Verified compatibility with KSP v0.23
    • [added] Indicator's size can now be scaled freely (from settings window)
    • [added] Toolbar-Plugin miniature icon for toggling the settings window
    • [added] Glyph Font rendering to support indicator scaling
    • [fixed] Indicator will now display at full resolution regardless of KSP's Texture Settings

Version 2.2 - Released 10/27/13
    • [update] Verified compatibility with KSP v0.22
    • [changed] Roll degrees now range from 0-359.9 (was -180 to +180)
    • [fixed] Stock lateral docking ports (Inline Clampotron) now orient correctly!
    • [fixed] Settings window toggle-buttons now much more visible

Version 2.1 - Released 8/17/13
    • [fixed] A bug that caused the velocity vector to behave incorrectly in certain circumstances [thanks Mr Shifty].
    • [fixed] CVEL now measures velocity along the target port's normal vector (intended behavior), not true velocity.
    • [fixed] Negated CVEL value when passing into back-hemisphere (red CDI region). Closure is now always a positive value.
    • [change] Velocity Indicator now draws on top of of Alignment Vector.
    • [change] Reduced sensitivity of alignment indicator near center of the gauge slightly.
    • [change] Removed forward velocity component of the velocity vector. Now full deflection always indicates 3.5 m/s of lateral velocity.
    • [change] Added slight exponential scaling to velocity vector near center of gauge.
    • [change] Velocity Indicator will display as a 'retrograde' vector when your alignment is greater than 90 degrees off-axis, indicating that translation controls have a reversed impact on the movement of the visual indicator. Moving the indicator towards the green cross will still bring you towards centerline.

Version 2.0 - Released 8/10/13
    • [added] Course Deviation Indicators (CDI)
    • [added] Translational Velocity vector
    • [added] Closure velocity and distance readouts
    • [added] settings menu
    • [added] Increased precision of alignment indicator with exponential scaling
    • [change] Enhanced precision of roll indicator
    • [change] Retouched all graphics

Version 1.0 - Released 8/1/13
    • First Release - Alignment Indicator only

Quick written tutorial written by HeadHunter67!

New Video showing off the added features in 2.0!

SpacePort Link
    Last edited by NavyFish; 11th April 2014 at 02:32. Reason: Verified [0.23.5] Compatibility

Ooh nice! I'm checking it out now.

You forgot your link. ;)

Edit: It works like a charm.
    Last edited by Albert VDS; 1st August 2013 at 02:22.

Is there a download link?

EDIT: Beat me to it
    Last edited by Morgantao; 1st August 2013 at 02:37.

Yes, sorry about that, thanks Albert! Here's the link: http://kerbalspaceport.com/dock-align-indicator/

Whoa... did the main post disappear??

bfishman
    That's quite odd! The original post seems to have disappeared! (Posting this message from an alternate login). Working on re-writing it now :/

Sorry people,seems like there was a problem with posting. Everyone's first posts have to be moderated and it seems something weird happened during the process that caused the post to disappeared after it was approved. It's back now
    "It's the nectar of winners. Nothing like strong, black coffee." - Ted

RealChute Parachute Systems - Realistic parachutes!
    Stock Rebalance Project - Engines, probes, etc, rebalanced logically!
    Kerbal NRAP - Test weights for rocket building
    KSPX - All the missing "stock" parts
    AdvancedAnimator - ModuleAnimateGeneric fixed!
    Forum FAQ - If you need help getting around the forums!

I'm not Squad, I'm just a mod, and I'm also a player. Use your brain and judge if I'm acting as a moderator before thinking I'm making an official statement.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid_chris View Post
    Sorry people,seems like there was a problem with posting. Everyone's first posts have to be moderated and it seems something weird happened during the process that caused the post to disappeared after it was approved. It's back now
    Thanks! I was all sad-face for a moment.

I'm working on a quick visual tutorial, should be posting it shortly. My first KSP plugin, so your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Youtube video tutorial posted. Enjoy!

looks awesome, will try

Wohoo! Great stuff, thanks.
    I used to use HydroTech for docking (to get the alignment right... It just really sucks when you build a station and every part is rotated a few degrees >.<). But Hydrotech uses at least one additional part per docking port and a "computer".
    This mod is great! Thanks a lot!.