Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 4.0)
The Docking Port Alignment Indicator is designed to help you dock manually, by presenting target alignment and relative position in a clean and intuitive manner.
Check out this great overview by Geneborg:
- Requires no special parts! Will work on all new and existing ships.
- Provides all the information you need to dock with precision and ease.
- Allows you to rename docking ports (both in flight and editor), which are displayed on the gauge.
- Lets you to target docking ports beyond 200m (up to 2.5km).
Version 4.0 - Released 6/29/2014
- [added] Ability to cycle through all unoccupied ports on your target. No more need to right-click a port!
- [added] Ports can now be targeted up to 2.25 Km away!
- [added] When a vessel is first targeted, the nearest port is automatically targeted.
- [added] Magenta HUD indicator floats on top of currently targeted port to allow for easy identification.
- [added] Ability to rename all docking ports using the right-click GUI (in both VAB/SPH and flight).
- [added] Text readout on indicator which displays the name of the targeted port.
- [added] Closure Distance (CDST) readout, displays range to target port along the approach axis only.
- [added] Prograde icon on velocity vector changes to Retrograde icon when CVEL is negative.
- [added] Support for parts with multiple docking ports (Thanks taniwha!)
- [added] Support for Extraplanetary Launchpads' recycle bins (Thanks taniwha!)
- [changed] New toolbar button icon, easier to identify.
- [changed] Removed hard-dependency on Blizzy's Toolbar
- [changed] Added custom 'toolbar' button if Blizzy's toolbar is not present. Clicking toolbar button will show/hide indicator.
- [changed] Text now drawn using Bitmap Fonts, allowing for higher resolution text rendering particularly when increasing gauge scale.
- [fixed] Indicator no longer displayed in Map View or while on EVA
- [fixed] Generalized port orientation logic - all non-stock lateral ports should now work (Thanks taniwha!)
Version 3.1 - Released 5/8/2014
- [update] Repackaged to include latest version of Blizzy's Toolbar. *No code changes made to DPAI*
Version 3.0 - Released 12/18/2013
- [update] Verified compatibility with KSP v0.23
- [added] Indicator's size can now be scaled freely (from settings window)
- [added] Toolbar-Plugin miniature icon for toggling the settings window
- [added] Glyph Font rendering to support indicator scaling
- [fixed] Indicator will now display at full resolution regardless of KSP's Texture Settings
Version 2.2 - Released 10/27/13
- [update] Verified compatibility with KSP v0.22
- [changed] Roll degrees now range from 0-359.9 (was -180 to +180)
- [fixed] Stock lateral docking ports (Inline Clampotron) now orient correctly!
- [fixed] Settings window toggle-buttons now much more visible
Version 2.1 - Released 8/17/13
- [fixed] A bug that caused the velocity vector to behave incorrectly in certain circumstances [thanks Mr Shifty].
- [fixed] CVEL now measures velocity along the target port's normal vector (intended behavior), not true velocity.
- [fixed] Negated CVEL value when passing into back-hemisphere (red CDI region). Closure is now always a positive value.
- [change] Velocity Indicator now draws on top of of Alignment Vector.
- [change] Reduced sensitivity of alignment indicator near center of the gauge slightly.
- [change] Removed forward velocity component of the velocity vector. Now full deflection always indicates 3.5 m/s of lateral velocity.
- [change] Added slight exponential scaling to velocity vector near center of gauge.
- [change] Velocity Indicator will display as a 'retrograde' vector when your alignment is greater than 90 degrees off-axis, indicating that translation controls have a reversed impact on the movement of the visual indicator. Moving the indicator towards the green cross will still bring you towards centerline.
Version 2.0 - Released 8/10/13
- [added] Course Deviation Indicators (CDI)
- [added] Translational Velocity vector
- [added] Closure velocity and distance readouts
- [added] settings menu
- [added] Increased precision of alignment indicator with exponential scaling
- [change] Enhanced precision of roll indicator
- [change] Retouched all graphics
Version 1.0 - Released 8/1/13
- First Release - Alignment Indicator only
Quick written tutorial by HeadHunter67!
Older version, showing a quick docking procedure using the indicator: