Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 3.0)
The Docking Port Alignment Indicator is designed to help you dock manually, by presenting target alignment and relative position in a clean and intuitive manner.
- Requires no special parts! Use it on existing ships with ease.
- Provides orientation indicators for yaw, pitch, and roll, and displays a “Turn Towards” arrow when alignment is too far off.
- Displays “Course Deviation” from your target’s approach centerline.
- Displays distance to target, and closure velocity.
- Velocity vector depicts translational movement with respect to centerline.
- Easy-to-read, simple gauge, designed to be intuitive and modeled after real-world aerospace instrumentation.
Version 3.0 - Released 12/18/2013
- [update] Verified compatibility with KSP v0.23
- [added] Indicator's size can now be scaled freely (from settings window)
- [added] Toolbar-Plugin miniature icon for toggling the settings window
- [added] Glyph Font rendering to support indicator scaling
- [fixed] Indicator will now display at full resolution regardless of KSP's Texture Settings
Version 2.2 - Released 10/27/13
- [update] Verified compatibility with KSP v0.22
- [changed] Roll degrees now range from 0-359.9 (was -180 to +180)
- [fixed] Stock lateral docking ports (Inline Clampotron) now orient correctly!
- [fixed] Settings window toggle-buttons now much more visible
Version 2.1 - Released 8/17/13
- [fixed] A bug that caused the velocity vector to behave incorrectly in certain circumstances [thanks Mr Shifty].
- [fixed] CVEL now measures velocity along the target port's normal vector (intended behavior), not true velocity.
- [fixed] Negated CVEL value when passing into back-hemisphere (red CDI region). Closure is now always a positive value.
- [change] Velocity Indicator now draws on top of of Alignment Vector.
- [change] Reduced sensitivity of alignment indicator near center of the gauge slightly.
- [change] Removed forward velocity component of the velocity vector. Now full deflection always indicates 3.5 m/s of lateral velocity.
- [change] Added slight exponential scaling to velocity vector near center of gauge.
- [change] Velocity Indicator will display as a 'retrograde' vector when your alignment is greater than 90 degrees off-axis, indicating that translation controls have a reversed impact on the movement of the visual indicator. Moving the indicator towards the green cross will still bring you towards centerline.
Version 2.0 - Released 8/10/13
- [added] Course Deviation Indicators (CDI)
- [added] Translational Velocity vector
- [added] Closure velocity and distance readouts
- [added] settings menu
- [added] Increased precision of alignment indicator with exponential scaling
- [change] Enhanced precision of roll indicator
- [change] Retouched all graphics
Version 1.0 - Released 8/1/13
- First Release - Alignment Indicator only
Quick written tutorial written by HeadHunter67!
New Video showing off the added features in 2.0!