Yet another maneuver node editor. Plus.
I wrote this plugin to fulfill a singular request I've had since I started seriously playing this game: the ability to see the ejection angle of a maneuver node. When we have wonderful tools like alexmun's Launch Window Planner allowing us to plan our trips and take advantage of sub-optimal launch windows, it is literally a crime in my eyes to not have this simple capability.
Of course I've also added some controls that one would expect from a tool used to edit maneuver nodes such as prograde, normal, and radial controls, plus conics draw mode and conics draw limit controls. You can edit the time of the node by typing in the desired UT, by using the normal increment controls, or by activating the coarse time controls through options. PreciseNode allows you to customize the node editor window for use as a simple node widget replacement or a full-blown interplanetary maneuver assistant. It also features a separate clock window as well as conics display controls, with or without a maneuver node present.
You are able to control the node editor through the keyboard if desired. When the PreciseNode window is open you can click the "=" button in the upper right to open the keymapping GUI. Click the "set" button next to a control to change the control. The first key pressed within five seconds will be assigned to that action, so be sure you're in a mellow situation before setting your keys.
PreciseNode now comes with a custom part that will save your nodes when switching or leaving a craft. Very awesome model graciously provided by the talented Talisar (thank you, sir!) This part is passive and will do its work without any input.
Note: When the ejection angle shows as negative, it is actually the positive angle from retrograde.
Default Keyboard Controls:
Prograde +/-: Keypad 8/Keypad 5
Normal +/-: Keypad 9/Keypad 7
Radial +/-: Keypad 6/Keypad 4
Time +/-: Keypad 3/Keypad 1
Increment +/-: Keypad 0/(alt/option) + <Increment +>
Change Conics: Keypad Enter
Hide Node Editor Window: P
Open Node: O
- Added a PartModule to save and load Maneuver Nodes: ModuleNodeSaver.
- No additional parameters are needed, there are no right-click options.
- Talisar provided a part for ModuleNodeSaver.
- The RP-9f Craft Locator is available under the Control parts section.
- In career mode it is under Advanced Flight Control for 8000 unlock, 1200 price.
- a.g. provided code to fix an issue with Unity on Linux where hotkeys were being
activated even while a text field had focus.
- Added Majiir's compatibility checker for KSP version checking.
- This will not disable any functions, it is purely used for warning the user.
- Added the ability to merge a node with a previous node on the Trip Info screen.
- Replaced the +/-10K time buttons with AN/DN snap buttons.
- If you have a target the buttons will snap to AN/DN of the target, otherwise
they will snap to the equatorial AN/DN.
- Fixed node update during burn issue (editing a node without using the gizmo first).
- Changed the options and keymapper buttons to toggle-like functionality.
- Fixed null reference exception spam.
- Fixed erratic textbox behaviour.
- Next Encounter will now be calculated from the currently selected node forward.
- This should fix the issue where the orbit AP/PE was never shown if an encounter
existed at all.
- Added textboxes for prograde, normal, and radial controls.
- Added a button to focus on the next encounter target.
- Added a button to focus on the active vessel.
- Removed some forgotten debugging symbols.
- Fixed some repaint bugs that may have been causing unexpected CTDs.
- Fixed some null reference bugs through a better node updating scheme.
- Added the time to next node in the Clock window if a node is present.
- Added a Trip Info window.
- Shows the delta-V and time until for the nodes on your route.
- Totals delta-V for the route.
- Added snap to current orbit peri- and apoapsis buttons for additional UT Controls.
- Now calculating next encounter from the current node forward.
- The "Editing Node" label at the top is now a button that focuses the map view
on that particular node.
- The Clock window will no longer stay visible when you clear the GUI via F2.
- Added ability to open selected maneuver node gizmo via hotkey (default O).
- Added ability to open/hide window via hotkey (default P).
- Added ability to step down increment via alt/option + increment hotkey.
- Added ability to alter the conics patch draw limit.
- Added additional increments for UT manipulation.
- Added an options window for greater user control over plugin:
- You can show/hide the maneuver node pager.
- You can show/hide the additional UT controls.
- You can show/hide the ejection angle.
- You can show/hide the additional orbit information.
- Added an optional window for conics controls.
- If enabled the window will show whenever the map view is open.
- If enabled the window will hide automatically when the main window is open.
- Added an optional clock window to show the current UT and human readable time.
- If enabled the clock window will always show.
- 0.22 compile.
- Added display for node apoapsis and periapsis, or the next encounter periapsis.
- Created an options GUI for keymapping.
- PreciseNode will now save the window positions between program executions.
- Changed saving of config file to OnDisable, which happens when you switch flights.
- Changed the time display to add +1 year in order to correct to Space Center time.
- Changed the "multiplier" label to "increment".
- Changed increment/decrement button colors away from the terrible cyan and magenta.
- XMLDoc'd all of the functions.
- Added conics mode selectors.
- Added keyboard controls.
- Added saving and loading from config file.
Released under the BSD license, source included in archive and on GitHub:
0.9 Download (KSP 0.23)
Older, known working version available here:
0.8.1 Download (KSP 0.23)
0.7 Download (KSP 0.23)
0.4 Download (KSP 0.22)
- Ejection inclination display (if I can math...)
- If time-warping, show actual time to node in clock as well as UT time.
- Add ability to lock magnitude (final delta-V) while editing.
- Add support for Blizzy's toolbar.
- Add an option to use that horrible abomination of a stock GUI style.
- Add an option to remove old nodes if their magnitude (delta-V) is less than a certain threshold.
- Introduce safeguards and look-ahead functionality for Apo/Peri buttons.
- Introduce safeguards for AN/DN buttons.
- Trip planning
- Temporarily save nodes if you want to see the trip without them.