Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TT NeverUnload - Vessel Unloading Preventer

TT NeverUnload - Vessel Unloading Preventer

So I've been playing with kOS and wondered, just how far could I take this if the vessels didn't unload? Then I figured it can't be that hard to stop unloading.

And so here we are - TT NeverUnload.

Allowing you with suitable mods to fly two vessels at massive distances appart!

contrary to its name it doesn't NEVER unload, but it is definable in the CFG what distance unload will occur, and the default is massive (300km). Its fairly unlikely you'll need more but you can get more with a simple tweak if you ever need it.

To use, just place it on whatever you don't want to disappear and right click in flight, then press Enable. on vessels with multiple neverunload modules, activate BOTH before seperation, else parts may unload anyway.

You want pictures? Here have some of the included vessel (with kOS code, but obviously not kOS itself, included!)

Detaching at 15km, the payload continues ascent alone.

Giving you just enough fuel to reach the pad for spaceX manpatrick landing.

EDIT: forgot I should probably make this clear:

The payload DOES continue on and not unload of course! (if you followed the start procedure right that is) so heres looking back down on the KSC at the launch rocket. The payload flies almost all the way up by itself but the kOS computer does for some reason fail when coasting to apoapsis, perhaps a range issue for them. There is plenty of time to switch to and circularize however after landing.

This is a first release of a game stretching mod, so it is pretty buggy but usable. For now don't use it on your main save, but its good fun.

Download here!
    http://kerbalspaceport.com/tt-neverunload/

License for the mod is available in the readme.txt file included in the download.
    Last edited by TouhouTorpedo; 12th September 2013 at 17:06.

Guess I might be playing w/ Kethane after all!!! Awesome!

Mhm... Speaking of Kethane... I guess that still doesn't make "not actively flyed sondes scanning", does it?

My god.

I hadn't realised this.

Someone with Kethane get this, and edit the CFG to a rediculous range (1500km should do it for a 150km orbit), new save, enable on all vessels, sweep the planet.

Edit : oh, so a nearby inactive vessel won't? well, worth a go anyway. Normally other non player vessels are too close to make a difference. You can now be pretty far from another.

As far as I remember (can't try it out currently), Kethane and NavSAT both depend on the ship being actively controlled to be able to collect data.
    Of course, that COULD be due to other ships/probes usually being out of that loading range.

Would someone please test that? This would be... ohmygod!

Gimme a few to clone a copy of KSP and I will test the scanning possibilitiys

i must be blind, cant see d/l link
    Last edited by KhaosCorp; 3rd September 2013 at 19:10.

Weird Docking Lover WinkAllKerb''s Avatar
    P.B. Space Camp, a Falling Rock - Universe
    ni hao, nicely done Touhou ;)

Just noticed I hadn't put the link here. Link added.

Not only scanning but collecting. Put this part on your drill or converter and you can be collecting Kethane on the surface while doing other stuff in orbit.
    ....just another tricky day...

Did you test the scanning? did it work?