Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: MechJeb 2.0.9 with KSP 0.22 Problems

  1. #21
    First post and already a problem
    Also, sorry for my bad english, not my native tongue.

    Ok, I downloaded the very latest MechJeb from here:
    http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/84/

    Extracted the files to my GameData folder so the Directory Structure in GameData looks like this:
    /Squad
    /MechJeb2

    Changed the part.cfg to this:
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0

    (I also tried it with TechRequired = basicRocketry, but same effect ->)

    Now when I start KSP, goto RND, I can then research the MechJeb AR202 in the start node.
    If I go and build a rocket then it tells me below the AR202: "part model requires an entry purchase". I can't click / place the damn thing . I don't get it.

    When I go back to RND then (after I was in the rocket building screen) I can research the AR202 again, but nothing ever changes.

  2. #22
    Still not working for me and I followed all the ideas on this thread. Can somebody SHOW me their file and what it should look like? Put it under spoiler code so not to spam anybody. I just can't seem to reach stable orbit. Sad because I HAVE landed a couple of manned landers on the North Pole and in a few nearby areas - but I don't have the control needed to put a rocket in a stable orbit. And, let me point out, I am not even trying to make a perfect orbit, just any orbit. Having used ONLY MechJeb before I am learning how to use S.A.S - it seems to be useful but also seems to fight me a lot. It wants to correct my corrections, sometimes putting the rocket right back on the old course.
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
    ― George Orwell

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykill Metal View Post
    Is anyone else having the issue where the ship takes off and immediately pitches/yaws toward the VAB and crashes? Mechjeb is on, engaged, and clicking "corrective steering" on and off does nothing.
    Might be something clipping at the top of the rocket, or potentially one of a set of fuel lines didn't connect and imbalance the weight/thrust.

    For what it's worth, my least stable rockets all require manual flight. SAS or Mechjeb can't do it for me.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    First post and already a problem
    Also, sorry for my bad english, not my native tongue.

    Ok, I downloaded the very latest MechJeb from here:
    http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/84/

    Extracted the files to my GameData folder so the Directory Structure in GameData looks like this:
    /Squad
    /MechJeb2

    Changed the part.cfg to this:
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0

    (I also tried it with TechRequired = basicRocketry, but same effect ->)

    Now when I start KSP, goto RND, I can then research the MechJeb AR202 in the start node.
    If I go and build a rocket then it tells me below the AR202: "part model requires an entry purchase". I can't click / place the damn thing . I don't get it.

    When I go back to RND then (after I was in the rocket building screen) I can research the AR202 again, but nothing ever changes.
    The above post is EXACTLY what I'm going through. At the time of this posting, I've given up after the game has added three (3) instances of me researching the part, but it still will not let me actually add it onto my rockets or my planes.

  5. #25
    Same thing here. It's added it 3 times. I unlock it in R&D. Then go to VAB and it says "part model requires an entry purchase". Any ideas?

  6. #26
    First post and already a problem
    Also, sorry for my bad english, not my native tongue.

    Ok, I downloaded the very latest MechJeb from here:
    http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/84/

    Extracted the files to my GameData folder so the Directory Structure in GameData looks like this:
    /Squad
    /MechJeb2

    Changed the part.cfg to this:
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0

    (I also tried it with TechRequired = basicRocketry, but same effect ->)

    Now when I start KSP, goto RND, I can then research the MechJeb AR202 in the start node.
    If I go and build a rocket then it tells me below the AR202: "part model requires an entry purchase". I can't click / place the damn thing . I don't get it.

    When I go back to RND then (after I was in the rocket building screen) I can research the AR202 again, but nothing ever changes.
    I made an account just for this. The patch here (http://kerbalspaceport.com/unofficia...b-2-0-9-patch/) resolved this issue for me. I just copied over everything in this location: \GameData\Squad\Parts\Command

    This patch allows me to use mechjeb as part of my already in progress career mode.

  7. #27
    I can't seem to get MechJeb to work either I have read every post filled in edited/ more edit / deleted started over / copy paste so many times Wish there was one Thread with the current Download/edit information just for people that have a hard time finding all the information from so many different post and trying to piece it all Windows 8 / 64 bit And loving Kerbal btw its a cool little game keep up the good work.
    I have downloaded the Mod 5 different times from 2 different sites. Have watched the outdated youtube videos just to get some better understanding of Modding in KSP but still I can't get MechJeb2 to show up in the VSB or the Tech tree.

    When I down load the Mode I get 3 different folders 1. GameData
    2. MechJeb2_AR202
    3. Plugins



    I have edited the part.cfg file
    Sorry but I am new to mods and the game but I absoulute love it
    Have orbited the Moon a few times and currently grinding out science to unlock the Tech 5+



    Can anyone help me to get the MechJeb up and going ? Thanks
    Last edited by DannyL; 22nd October 2013 at 20:17.

  8. #28

    Solved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nergal1 View Post
    The above post is EXACTLY what I'm going through. At the time of this posting, I've given up after the game has added three (3) instances of me researching the part, but it still will not let me actually add it onto my rockets or my planes.
    KSP doesn't seem to like the "_" in the part name.

    Edit the part.cfs to look like this: (Remove the underscores)

    PART {
    // --- general parameters ---
    name = mumechMJ2AR202
    module = Part
    author = r4m0n/The_Duck (code) || keptin (part)


    Then go to \Kerbal Space Program\saves\<savegamename>\persistent.sfs

    And edit: (remove the fullstops)

    SCENARIO
    {
    name = ResearchAndDevelopment
    scene = 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
    sci = 10
    Tech
    {
    id = start
    state = Available
    part = mk1pod
    part = liquidEngine
    part = solidBooster
    part = fuelTankSmall
    part = trussPiece1x
    part = longAntenna
    part = parachuteSingle
    part = mumechMJ2AR202
    }


    I did this after following the OP with great success.

  9. #29

    Cool Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrOarsome View Post
    KSP doesn't seem to like the "_" in the part name.

    Edit the part.cfs to look like this: (Remove the underscores)

    PART {
    // --- general parameters ---
    name = mumechMJ2AR202
    module = Part
    author = r4m0n/The_Duck (code) || keptin (part)


    Then go to \Kerbal Space Program\saves\<savegamename>\persistent.sfs

    And edit: (remove the fullstops)

    SCENARIO
    {
    name = ResearchAndDevelopment
    scene = 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
    sci = 10
    Tech
    {
    id = start
    state = Available
    part = mk1pod
    part = liquidEngine
    part = solidBooster
    part = fuelTankSmall
    part = trussPiece1x
    part = longAntenna
    part = parachuteSingle
    part = mumechMJ2AR202
    }


    I did this after following the OP with great success.
    Thanks a bunch. I modified the files as per your suggestions and I am booting the game now. I'll let you know if it worked. Hope I didn't bork the params

  10. #30

    It worked!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nergal1 View Post
    Thanks a bunch. I modified the files as per your suggestions and I am booting the game now. I'll let you know if it worked. Hope I didn't bork the params
    Done. Thanks a LOT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •