Thread: Career Mode: Mechjeb AND Science?

Career Mode: Mechjeb AND Science?

So... Playing 0.22, loving career mode. Installed mechjeb, and had to do the workaround where you edit the .cfg so that you can actually use the parts in career mode by adding \\techrequired=start or whatever it was, and that all worked fine

HOWEVER

I now can't do science, ie, store crew/EVA reports or soil samples, with the pods. I tried using just the stock (non-mechjeb) .cfg files and adding in the mechjeb module part of the file and but mechjeb didn't work (though I could do Science), and I tried adding the science modules to the mechjeb-equipped part .cfg and that didn't work either - mechjeb, no science. Surely I can have mechjeb and still use the command modules to do science?

I haven't really played around with .cfgs before so I imagine it's just a case of putting the right text in the right place but I can't figure it out, can anyone help me? I'm sure other people must be having the same issue.

Apologies if this isn't the right spot on the forum for this, being about a mod and all. If so, it would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction

which mechjeb do you have? At least the 2.* has no parts anymore, you have only the one mechjeb part that you put on your rocket. And science is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ringkeeper View Post
    which mechjeb do you have? At least the 2.* has no parts anymore, you have only the one mechjeb part that you put on your rocket. And science is possible
    Ah... I must be using an old version, with mine there isn't a discrete mechjeb part. I'll try that. Thank you

KRASH Agency Director HeadHunter67's Avatar
    If you are using "MechJeb and RemoteTech For All", do not copy the part .cfgs over! Those .cfgs are pre-0.22 and lack the needed tech info. All you need from that are the .dll's and the .cfg for ModuleManager. That will enable MJ in all stock command pods.
    "Any landing you can walk away from... was not a KRASH landing!"
    - Jubal Kershaw, Director of the Kerbal Rocketry And Science Headquarters.