- Adjusted all DRE shield part cost and mass. (adjusted cost to account for resource problem described in issue #24 and adjusted heat shield masses to saner values)
- Adjusted cost in Procedural Fairings to account for resource problem described in issue #24. (both stock fairing and PF mod)
- screen message formatting
- Corrected flux formatting for displays.
- Approximating total absorbed heat in joules. (displayed in part context menu for total convective heat when over Mach 1)
- Removed settings for chute warning messages since DRE no longer implements chute failures.
- Version revision restriction. From this point on, revision restriction in effect. DRE will not run on anything older than 1.0.4 and will also fail on future updates until an updated version is released.
- RSS specific tweaks. (modify lossConst / pyrolysisLossFactor to allow shields to survive reentry in RSS)
- globally changed reentryConductivity to 0.001 (insulation allows 1 W / kW)
- Implemented depletion threshold for maxTemps/conductivity changes. (amount <= 0.000001)
- increased depletedConductivity to 20 from 1. (insulation burns up and becomes useless. Fiery plasma sweeps through your craft incinerating all in its path. Hilarity ensues)
- Space is a tough place where wimps eat flaming plasma death.
* Deadly Reentry no longer implements reentry heating. Instead it tweaks
parameters to make stock reentry deadlier.
* Deadly Reentry still handles G-force damage.
* Still no menu. (sorry! Cute cat still there!)
* Configs for all parts previously handled by Deadly Reentry have been
edited to take advantage of new stock skin system.
* Spaceplane handling is a bit experimental and relies on having a skin
with VERY low thermal mass which increases the heat loss from radiation.
(use VERY shallow reentries for spaceplanes and reentries will be
survivable but difficult. Consider turning off the heat gauges or you
will get a frightful scare when you do spaceplane reentries)
* (no, seriously, turn the heat gauges off...)
* skinMaxTemp tends to be higher than maxTemp which now represents
internal temp, including resource temp.
* ModularFlightIntegrator is still a dependency but is not currently
used by Deadly Reentry.
* Added heat shield char support. (not all shields)
* Major changes to skin conduction, radiation and convection
* Skin percentage is now actually a percentage of thermal mass. (i.e. part thermal mass goes down as skin thermal mass goes up)
* Heat shield aerodynamics fixed. (stable when blunt end forwards for all DRE shields & ADEPT shields)
* Heat shield decoupler: texts fixed. Unused decouplers removed. 0.625m decoupler added.
* NaN checking
* MOAR NaN checking
* Moved away from foreach usage. (you shouldn't use foreach, m'kay? foreach is bad.... m'kay?)
* Delete audio on destroy
* reimplemented engine detection
* RO support
* Depleted shields burn easier
* 1kg minimum part mass enforced. (in calculations only; part mass is not touched)
* Fixed 3.75m shield normal map
* Patching of KSO parts to remove obsolete pre DRE 7 configs.
* Lowered convection/radiation factors to 10
* KWR configs fixed.
* Other general config fixes
'changes to conduction/radiation/convection' is understating things a bit. It made things hot enough that I had to reduce convectionFactor to 10 to keep certain reentries survivable. Mk1 pod can handle LKO reentries just fine but munar or Minmus returns will probably burn its shields out before it can slow down to safe velocities. radiationFactor reduced to 10 to keep it even with convection. So, this was enough of a change to warrant a minor version upgrade
- Calculate what pecentage of skin is actually facing the shockwave and use only that percent for thermalMass
- Add OnDestroy() and null the FlightIntegrator cache
- Added additional check for part.ShieldedFromAistream
- Buffed fuel tank maxTemp
- Fixed typo in DRE heat shields
- Fixed the Deadly Launch bug (for real this time. NO SERIOUSLY!)
- Added depletedMaxTemp to heat shields. (if their resource is depleted, their maxTemp changes to this value. Default 1300)
- skinHeatConductivity works properly now.
*Removed legacy engine configurations which were adding pre-KSP 1.0 levels of heat production. (FIRE BAD!)
*Fixed duplicate toolbar button issue
*Tweaked convection heating to start EARLIER. Tweaked stock shields to (more or less) their original ablation/pyrolysis levels. For your protection.
*Put in checks and guards against null ref errors in UpdateConvection()
You may get logged error spam on craft with procedural fairings, namely the base. If this happens just revert to launch, or quicksave then quickload.
Fixed attach nodes.
Complete rewrite of 90% of Deadly Reentry code to take advantage of new KSP 1.0.
<changelog for KSP 7.0.0 coming>
*Compiled for KSP 0.90
*Added toolbar button (for stock toolbar)
*Added Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty settings accessible from new menu
*Difficulty settings are per-save game!!! Use Easy for sandbox and Hard for Career! (if you want)
*Alternate lower density calculation (for use with Hard mode to prevent excessive heating for high speed aircraft)
*Fix for stuttering AeroFX cases. (thanks to Motokid600, Chezburgar7300, Zeenobit and Noio for feedback and/or testing)
*Reworked warning messages for visibility and/or optimization
*Optimized density calculations (moved all into ReentryPhysics; no more per-part calculations)
*Lowered part max-temperature cap to 1250 (other parts may be even lower)
*Heat shields now insulate attached parts against conducted heat
*Low grade heat shielding added to nose cones and fairings. (also to parachute 'cone' parts. Deploying chutes 'jettisons' the shield)
*Kerbals now react to reentry events such as overheating. (may need tweaking; even Jebediah gets scared now. Can't have that)
*Merged in fixes from NathanKell for FAR detection
*Merged in changes from NathanKell to support R&D / Technology requirements
*Added support for (currently unused)stock KSP airstream shielding
*Trapping and checking for of null reference errors in events.
*Added DeadlyReentry.version for AVC and CKAN support
*Debug Menu saves survive quick load and reverting. (added extra save function to update the loaded REENTRY_EFFECTS ConfigNode)
*Changed crewGKillChance from double to float. (fixes error in debug menu when changing this field)
*Fixed bug with RealChutes not cutting and/or spamming FlightLog
*FixedparachuteTempMult not saving from debug menu.
*Added FlowerChild's fix for StrutConnectors not destructing their reinforcing joints when they explode.
*Fixed issue with Jool NaN temperature. (capped low end of getExternalTemperature() to -160)
*Capped low end of ambientTemperature to absolute zero.
*NaN protection for part.temperature
*Added density field to debug GUI
*Replaced hard coded gas constant with per-planet specificGasConstant. (to-do: move that data to config files)
*ReentryPhysics still uses hard coded 287.058 value
*Added flight event logging for parachute failures.
*Added legacyAero config file option. If present and true then density retrieved from vessel.atmDensity
*Fixed typos in SPP.cfg and Wings.cfg (some parts were not getting
*Additional sanity check when raycasting for parts shielding parts.
*Added logic check to make sure a chute was actually exposed to
damaging temperatures when deployed
*Groundwork for toolbar support. (in-game per save game difficulty
settings coming soon)