Page 37 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.23.5][7-3] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements: NEW! VolumetricClouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalista View Post
    Do you have an idea where abouts you would stick them? Having them where Dres's orbit is with a cleared path directly on its orbit and SOI would be pretty neat similiar to how Saturn has some moons within its rings and over time have cleared their path in it .
    I was thinking somewhere between Duna and Jool would be good. Lots of open space there.
    Add MOVING, visible-from-ground Clouds to Eve, Duna, Laythe, Jool, and Kerbin! (and any other planets you want)
    Add City Lights to the very desolate Kerbin!
    City-Lights-and-Clouds

Too many mods? Continual crashing? ActiveTextureManagement to the rescue! Fixes PNG mipmaps, removes the need for texture packs!
    http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...-Reduction-Mod

I always figured Dres was supposed to be an analogue for Ceres, in which case it would make sense for that orbital region to be a big asteroid belt.

Yeah, I guess that might work... Its still in the conceptual stage. Once I get something working then we can figure out where to put it.
    Add MOVING, visible-from-ground Clouds to Eve, Duna, Laythe, Jool, and Kerbin! (and any other planets you want)
    City-Lights-and-Clouds

Too many mods? Continual crashing? ActiveTextureManagement to the rescue! Fixes PNG mipmaps, removes the need for texture packs!

Milky Way, Earth, England, United Kingdom
    Before I install this (awesome work by the way): Does this mod conflict with 'Universe Replacer' at all?
    §________________________________________§
    » "Parking a Delorean, inside a TARDIS, inside the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E's shuttle bay, cruising at high warp around a black hole, whilst being pursued by the USS Relativity NCV-474439-G, was not considered one of Jeb's better ideas that day..."
    §___________ | _________________§

Quote Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
    Before I install this (awesome work by the way): Does this mod conflict with 'Universe Replacer' at all?
    Shouldn't, unless you are near the 4GB RAM limit.
    City-Lights-and-Clouds

Milky Way, Earth, England, United Kingdom
    Alright, cool! Thanks for the quick reply!
    §________________________________________§
    » "Parking a Delorean, inside a TARDIS, inside the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E's shuttle bay, cruising at high warp around a black hole, whilst being pursued by the USS Relativity NCV-474439-G, was not considered one of Jeb's better ideas that day..."
    §___________ | _________________§

Do you know why clouds don't show up on Kerbin with the real solar system mod? They work from the building selection screen thing and from above 70 or so km but not from the surface while in flight. I haven't changed any settings on either mods.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyATGB View Post
    Do you know why clouds don't show up on Kerbin with the real solar system mod? They work from the building selection screen thing and from above 70 or so km but not from the surface while in flight. I haven't changed any settings on either mods.
    There is a value in the common config that has to be modified. It has to be scaled to whatever size Kerbin has been scaled by. You should be able to ask the guys in the Real Solar System mod for the exact values, or just try increasing it by some reasonable factor (10x?) yourself.
    City-Lights-and-Clouds

OK, I did some experiments with the weird interaction between steam gauges and the clouds, and it turns out that the issue is somehow caused by the lines setting texture coordinates:

Code:
    GL.TexCoord(mat.MultiplyPoint3x4(new Vector3(-xsize, ysize, 0)));
    Commenting just those lines out, while obviously breaking the rendering of the relevant part of the HUD, also removes the effect on clouds. This suggests to me that perhaps your shader may be using some uninitialized texture (or texture coordinate) data or something; that would be the natural conclusion if all this was just plain OpenGL programming anyway. Also, when looking at this from space, it is now obvious that the actual effect is to remove the fade-out of the clouds near the horizon, so they become visible over the space background:

Quote Originally Posted by a.g. View Post
    OK, I did some experiments with the weird interaction between steam gauges and the clouds, and it turns out that the issue is somehow caused by the lines setting texture coordinates:

Code:
    GL.TexCoord(mat.MultiplyPoint3x4(new Vector3(-xsize, ysize, 0)));
    Commenting just those lines out, while obviously breaking the rendering of the relevant part of the HUD, also removes the effect on clouds. This suggests to me that perhaps your shader may be using some uninitialized texture (or texture coordinate) data or something; that would be the natural conclusion if all this was just plain OpenGL programming anyway. Also, when looking at this from space, it is now obvious that the actual effect is to remove the fade-out of the clouds near the horizon, so they become visible over the space background:
    It might not be the above fade out that is the issue. I use Camera Position relative to the origin and vertex to force the alpha down to nothing once outside the sphere to prevent the undersides of the clouds from showing once above them.

Code:
     struct Input {
                            float2 uv_MainTex;
                            float2 uv_DetailTex;
                            float2 uv_BumpMap;
                            float2 viewDist;
                    };

void vert (inout appdata_full v, out Input o) {
                            UNITY_INITIALIZE_OUTPUT(Input, o);
                       float3 normalDir = normalize(mul(_Object2World, v.normal.xyzz).xyz);
                       float3 modelCam = _WorldSpaceCameraPos;           
                       float3 vertexPos = mul(_Object2World, v.vertex).xyz;
                       float3 viewVect = normalize( vertexPos - modelCam);
                       float3 origin = mul(_Object2World, float4(0,0,0,1)).xyz;
     ->                  float diff = distance(origin, vertexPos) - (distance(origin,_WorldSpaceCameraPos));
                          o.viewDist.x = saturate(.035*distance(vertexPos,_WorldSpaceCameraPos));
     ->                      o.viewDist.y = saturate(diff) * saturate(saturate(.085*distance(vertexPos,_WorldSpaceCameraPos))+ saturate(pow(.8*_FalloffScale*dot(normalDir, -viewVect),_FalloffPow)));;
                     }

void surf (Input IN, inout SurfaceOutput o) {
                            half4 main = tex2D (_MainTex, IN.uv_MainTex);
                            half4 detail = tex2D (_DetailTex, IN.uv_DetailTex);
                            half3 albedo = main.rgb * (IN.viewDist.x + ((1-IN.viewDist.x)*detail.rgb));// * 1.5;
                            o.Albedo = albedo * _Color;
                            half avg = (IN.viewDist.x + ((1-IN.viewDist.x)*detail.a))*main.a;
     ->                  o.Alpha = avg * IN.viewDist.y;
                      o.Normal = UnpackNormal (tex2D (_BumpMap, IN.uv_BumpMap));
                    }
    City-Lights-and-Clouds