Page 49 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.24.2] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.2) [3 Aug]

Quote Originally Posted by therealcrow999 View Post
    Finally got around to use this in game. Did a orbit and return mission all in IVA. It was really nice, felt like a different game. All that is missing is someone to do a first person view in EVA. The closest thing I found was this mod, but its outdated. I'm sure it could run without a part.

http://kerbalspaceport.com/bbi-first-person-view/
    I just use modulemanager to add this to pods :

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]] {
    MODULE {
    name = ModuleKrEquipKerbal
    count = -1
    range = 25
    guiName = Equip VRGs
    MODULE
    {
    name = BBIFirstPersonView
    }
    }
    }

The problem now is since .23 in eva the kerbal, and hence the view, no longer rotates on the vertical axis, so it's close to unusable unless you only move horizontally.

Kerbal Space Industries Hyomoto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And they were kind enough to release the source so we can totally update it.
    0.23.5 Career Accomplishments

Current Mission: Grave Robber - the KRA attempts to undercut KSI financing via a rogue trip to Duna!

Watch Kerpollo!
    KSI MFD for RPM

Can I just say I love you for this, Mihara? I just did a simple orbit and return with an Orion replica, all in IVA, and it was a total new experience. Before, I wouldn't dare to go IVA to launch my craft, but damn, the displays, the abundance of information, the small fonts, I just LOVE IT.

No seriously, thanks.

PS: does B9 aerospace utilize this? Would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyomoto View Post
    Right now both events happen, but if I understand it, the PAGE event happens first. So my I need to make sure to disableSwitchingTo to prevent it from changing the page so it can interact with the target display instead, correct?
    Yes, that's mostly it.

I went ahead and just pulled the master to look at, and test your latest changes.
    In case you missed it, I remind you that the front page of the wiki has a link to a prebuilt binary package which is always as-it-is-on-the-wiki (and sometimes a few minutes ahead).

Is there another way around this or is it just a limitation of the SI formatting?
    Mostly it is a limitation. It can be removed in theory, but the only way to do it that I can think of introduces the performance penalty of using regular expressions, which I'm not sure is really worth it.

By the way, I think the SI format is also a little inaccurate. It must be rounding up since its returns appear about five hundred meters off.
    You'll have to take that one up with MOARdV, that particular formatter has always been a problem for me.

And they were kind enough to release the source so we can totally update it.
    Where? I might actually create a refurbished version if the license is GPL as the original binary package says it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcaker View Post
    PS: does B9 aerospace utilize this? Would be awesome.
    Not yet, but there's always hope... and ModuleManager patches, check your B9 cockpits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihara View Post
    Not yet, but there's always hope... and ModuleManager patches, check your B9 cockpits.
    I see, they use some kind of display, but ehh, not as impressive as these.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcaker View Post
    I see, they use some kind of display, but ehh, not as impressive as these.
    Go check again with RPM installed, because RPM includes patches to the tune of:
    Code:
    @INTERNAL[B9_Cockpit_S2_Internal] {

MODULE {
    		name = InternalCameraTargetHelper
    	}

PROP
    	{
    		name = RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD
    		position = 0.3177514,0.4179461,-0.1573321
    		rotation = -0.03385292,0,0,0.9994268
    		scale = 0.75,0.7500001,0.7500001
    	}
    	PROP
    	{
    		name = RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD
    		position = -0.317751,0.417946,-0.157332
    		rotation = -0.03385299,0,0,0.9994269
            scale = 0.75,0.75,0.7500001
    	}

}

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihara View Post
    Where? I might actually create a refurbished version if the license is GPL as the original binary package says it is.
    Whoops, that one was a bit of sarcasm. They came back to post in the comments that it was dead, so I was just being a dork. I've gotten the buttons to work as expected, it seems the simplest way to do it is to set up dummy pages for each button, disable the ones you don't want to use and redirect the ones you do.
    Code:
    	disableSwitchingTo = btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn0, up, down, enter, home, escape
    	CONTEXTREDIRECT
    	{
    		redirect = btn1, flightdisplay
    		redirect = btn2, orbitinfo
    		redirect = btn3, altitudegraph
    	}
    It requires you do it for each and every button but you can be explicitly certain there will be no unintended behaviors, so yeah, it turns out when you use them together it works great! As far as dev builds, I looked but honestly I'm real familiar with gitHub and I couldn't find one. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty easy to find. So far it's been working nicely.

Current Mission: Grave Robber - the KRA attempts to undercut KSI financing via a rogue trip to Duna!

Watch Kerpollo!
    KSI MFD for RPM

It requires you do it for each and every button but you can be explicitly certain there will be no unintended behaviors, so yeah, it turns out when you use them together it works great!
    Well, it looks pretty horrible, but that's the best I can come up with without rewriting major segments of the code and changing the syntax entirely yet again, so I hope it's sufficient.

Blog Entries
    I notice that both the 15000 and 15001 textures are being used on the model, but can I ask what the second one is being used for? I have some silly ideas where I could potentially make the buttons look backlit. Is that the purpose?

Watch Kerpollo!
    KSI MFD for RPM