RealEngines configs v0.1
Here is a set of ModuleManager cfgs to convert engines from some of the rocketry packs out there into realistic engines, with close-to-real sizes, and realistic stats.
This is a preliminar, but usable, version that covers only the basics, there is still lots of work to be done:
- No tech levels yet, I want to confirm first with MedievalNerd and Nathan how to best align with the TechTree and which criteria is best to use.
- Engines have only one fuel/oxy mode, next I will add alternate modes (for the engines that had it in real life).
- Masses may be too low, I have used masses quoted from various sources but as Nathan explained before, the thrust structure is not taken into account into those mentions. Since the StretchyTanks only account for the tank itself, there may be a need to increase the engine's masses.
- There may be issues with engine shrouds, those configs disable them from KW engines but other packs I couldn't find a way to disable.
- I want to add later stats for the engine ignitor mod, as well as throttleability (I have data on this for a handful of engines only, hopefully the community could help fill the blanks)
- As better 3D models of real engines becomes available, they will be used as best as possible. This may break existing crafts (though I don't see it happening too soon)
- Need to write good descriptions for the engines.
- ModularFuelTanks with RealFuels
- RealismOverhaul (duh )
Rocketry packs supported (and recommended)
- AIES Aerospace (assorted engines)
- Bobcat Soviet engines pack (russian engines)
- BT Engine Pack (Merlin 1D)
- F-1 Engine replica (need to remove the space from the partName though)
- KerbX (for SpaceX engines)
- KW Rocketry (mostly american and european engines)
- NovaPunch (partially, more support coming soon)
- RLA Stockalike alternative models (Shuttle OMS)
If you are short on RAM, you can remove the fuel tanks and fairings from these mods and leave only the engines.
- Extract zip into GameData
- Delete GameData\ModularFuelTanks\RealFuels\Engines.cfg (or rename to .cfgx as I do)
- Delete GameData\RealismOverhaul\RftSEngines.cfg (or rename to .cfgx as I do)
There is a bonus CFG rescaling some parts of B9 Aerospace pack to be compatible with the american orbiter. I will also update it alongside.
Engine list (v0.1)