This is the new thread for Extraplanetary Launchpads as skykooler has asked me to officially take over the project. Old thread
A nice quick tutorial writeup by Starstrider42
Download: Extraplanetary Launchpads v4.2.2.
Release notes: 4.2.2, 4.2.1, 4.2, 4.1.2, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.3, 4.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.0
Source code (GPL): github.
Issue tracker: issues
Mods I consider essential for getting the most out of EL:
- Toolbar to allow control of the VAB/SPH GUI and easy control of the in-flight GUI.
- Module Manager to allow pods to become workshops (albeit poor quality).
- Kethane. Allows mining of Ore and convertion to Metal and RocketParts. Also, gotta get fuel for your rockets .
- Kerbal Attachment System. Connect parts of your base together.
- Infernal Robotics. Makes it easier to move things around.
At this stage any pad, the runway or the dock can be used landed, splashed or in orbit. When landed or splashed, operation is exactly as it was before. When in orbit, the new ship is spawned "docked" (docking ports not required) to the construction dock and must be released (the build menu will be unavailable until the new ship has been released). To release the ship, right click on the dock and click "Release". Once the release bug (see below) has been worked around, the new ship will slowly drift away (as expected for two objects in orbit).
Station before any construction begins.
The hab module has been built and moved over with a little tug.
D'oh, not enough parts to build the tank.
After shipping up some more parts, the tank is built and being moved into position by the station's tug (which was built just before the hab module was).
Checking out the new workshop:
- Here is an alternative smelter by mossman
- Some very nice drills have been created by BahamutoD