Page 1 of 184 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

Something went wrong here, so this thread is now an archive.

Please see this thread for updates and whatever else you need: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...-one-is-broken
    Last edited by vexx32; 16th January 2015 at 07:22.

Junior Rocket Scientist therealcrow999's Avatar
    Awesome, the one reason I don't use UR is because I get frame rate drops. This one is gives me better rates then UR, but is still down. I lose half my frame rates. I could never understand why with either one of these plugins, they just replace textures. I get those drops even before I put textures in.

I will definitely use this one, as it seems better and I am sure it will get better.

UniverseReplacer is a great mod, but I always felt the performance impact was higher than it needed to be. Fortunately someone came to the same conclusion and wrote a plugin to mitigate the problem. Great!

Yeah it was really bad. I even use to post on the thread about it all the time. I figured no one was listening. I really wanted to use my Orange Kerbal Eva suits. If I knew how to code, I would of done it a long time ago. I'm glad to see this mod here.

Quote Originally Posted by Camacha View Post
    UniverseReplacer is a great mod, but I always felt the performance impact was higher than it needed to be. Fortunately someone came to the same conclusion and wrote a plugin to mitigate the problem. Great!

@therealcrow999: High-res resolution textures also cause performance drop, since GPU has to fetch more data from memory on each frame and there is worse cache locality => more cache misses => more cycles spent waiting for data.

This was before I put any textures in with UR.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw View Post
    @therealcrow999: High-res resolution textures also cause performance drop, since GPU has to fetch more data from memory on each frame and there is worse cache locality => more cache misses => more cycles spent waiting for data.

@therealcrow999: Could you try this if it helps: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...reReplacer.dll?
    It only triggers TR every 8 frames. When having really lots of objects/parts on scene iterating though all the materials might be the bottleneck.

Removed this comment
    Last edited by therealcrow999; 11th December 2013 at 18:44.

I'll give it a go and fire it up.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw View Post
    @therealcrow999: Could you try this if it helps: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...reReplacer.dll?
    It only triggers TR every 8 frames. When having really lots of objects/parts on scene iterating though all the materials might be the bottleneck.

Page 1 of 184 1231151101 ... LastLast