Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 116

Thread: [0.25] AutoAsparagus v0.7

  1. #71
    v0.4 is out now! It's basically just bug fixes, but fixes a major one. It should also resolve the problems it previously had with stacked tanks.

    Download at: http://kerbalspaceport.com/autoasparagus/

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by hab136 View Post
    I apologize if I came off as anything but calm. I'm not mad or anything. I just can't fit the mod into my design style as it seems to be designed to do what I think I need, but it doesn't

    Please try v0.4, just released, as it fixes some critical bugs. http://kerbalspaceport.com/autoasparagus/
    If it still doesn't work, I'd be happy to figure out why it's not working on your lifter if you send me the .craft file.
    Crap, I just tested this and took a bunch of pictures, and then alt-f4'd out of the game without saving the craft. I can recreate it in a little bit but here are the images of what I did in an imgur album with descriptions. NOTE: it's a lot better now. Before it was throwing engines and decouplers around at random and now it's putting all the decouplers in the right stages, but it put the decouplers before the engines. NOTE: The ship isn't really meant for flying. I made it specifically to test this mod


    I only started this mod in November, so there's still a number of bugs to stamp out and features to add.
    Totally understandable
    My YouTube Series:

    Quest for Snacks *ONGOING*

    Teamwork *ONGOING*


    Kerpollo *COMPLETED*

    Bases 1 - 2 *ABANDONED*

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thHorseman View Post
    I apologize if I came off as anything but calm. I'm not mad or anything. I just can't fit the mod into my design style as it seems to be designed to do what I think I need, but it doesn't
    No worries, I'll take any excuse to post that video

    Quote Originally Posted by 5thHorseman View Post
    Crap, I just tested this and took a bunch of pictures, and then alt-f4'd out of the game without saving the craft. I can recreate it in a little bit but here are the images of what I did in an imgur album with descriptions. NOTE: it's a lot better now. Before it was throwing engines and decouplers around at random and now it's putting all the decouplers in the right stages, but it put the decouplers before the engines. NOTE: The ship isn't really meant for flying. I made it specifically to test this mod
    http://imgur.com/a/S5j0u
    The mod doesn't try to change the stages for the engines, but it doesn't try to preserve them either. I'll add preserving the stages for other things that I'm not staging as a TODO item

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by hab136 View Post
    The mod doesn't try to change the stages for the engines, but it doesn't try to preserve them either. I'll add preserving the stages for other things that I'm not staging as a TODO item
    Aha. I thought the mod went from 0 to launchable, at least for engines within the asparagus network. My misunderstanding!

    Then it does work exactly as advertised now. I've tried it a few times to see if I could break it and haven't found anything yet. The engine thing really isn't a big deal and it could cause problems if the mod mistakenly puts some of your lander's engines in the ignition stage.
    My YouTube Series:

    Quest for Snacks *ONGOING*

    Teamwork *ONGOING*


    Kerpollo *COMPLETED*

    Bases 1 - 2 *ABANDONED*

  5. #75
    A bit annoying that the central tank apparently needs to be the root part. I've built the ship from the pod down (guess I'm having trouble getting used to the newfangled "anything can be root" idea), I attached decouplers in 6x symmetry, and then added tanks in 6x symmetry but it still refuses to place any fuel lines. If I build from the bottom up it works fine. Unfortunately that just isn't how I build things, I tend to create the payload and then guestimate what I need to lift it (none of these Manley-style, pen-and-paper calculations for me, that sounds like work).

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkRG View Post
    A bit annoying that the central tank apparently needs to be the root part. I've built the ship from the pod down (guess I'm having trouble getting used to the newfangled "anything can be root" idea), I attached decouplers in 6x symmetry, and then added tanks in 6x symmetry but it still refuses to place any fuel lines. If I build from the bottom up it works fine. Unfortunately that just isn't how I build things, I tend to create the payload and then guestimate what I need to lift it (none of these Manley-style, pen-and-paper calculations for me, that sounds like work).
    You can have your command pod as the root part. The restriction is that the central tank needs to be higher up in the internal part tree than the tanks in symmetry. This should normally be true, since your tanks in symmetry are hanging off the central tank (even if there's stuff in between).

    In "thrust-plate" type designs, this is not true - the central tank and the tanks in symmetry are both children of the thrust plate. One way to fix that, so that the central tank is higher, is to make the central tank the root part. Most designs shouldn't need to do that, though.

  7. #77
    That guy under your bed Boamere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Was using this mod, when I clicked auto asparagus it caused my game to start going about 1 Frame every 5 seconds, until i clicked auto asparagus again, then it said: staging fuel lines and did nothing, but it stopped lagging. It's really odd.
    Edit: Still happening its really annoying -_-
    Last edited by Boamere; 26th February 2014 at 15:15.
    A nice friendly alternative to curse : http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/ !

  8. #78
    Can't see the button in toolbar

    Using Toolbar 1.6.0 and AutoAsparagus 0.4, also tested without other mods but still not working

  9. #79
    Just downloaded and ran this.

    It hooks up the fuel lines but doesn't set the staging. It also leaves empty green connection nodes all over the screen.

    EDIT:
    Nope, it's not Autoasparagus, it's a bug in the rocket I was working on. I built a simple probe with just fuel tanks and rockets, it staged correctly. I saved it as a prefab and when I imported into the rocket I was working on the staging broke.
    Last edited by xcorps; 26th February 2014 at 13:43.

  10. #80
    That guy under your bed Boamere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    Just downloaded and ran this.

    It hooks up the fuel lines but doesn't set the staging. It also leaves empty green connection nodes all over the screen.

    EDIT:
    Nope, it's not Autoasparagus, it's a bug in the rocket I was working on. I built a simple probe with just fuel tanks and rockets, it staged correctly. I saved it as a prefab and when I imported into the rocket I was working on the staging broke.
    This happens to me quite a lot, whether it is on a new rocket or an old one
    A nice friendly alternative to curse : http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/ !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •