Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [0.24.1] 27-July | Smart Parts V2.0 New API and new KM folder structure

[0.24.1] 27-July | Smart Parts V2.0 New API and new KM folder structure

Klockheed Martian Engine Manufacture - Smart Parts Pack

Klockheed Martian Engine Manufacture - Action Controllers
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Due to many requests, I am releasing the smart parts from Space Shuttle Engines separately here.

Parts:

* Auto-staging device that detects empty tanks and SRBs
    * Timer that triggers stages and action groups after a countdown
    * Remote controller that triggers actions on nearby vessels
    * Altimeter device that triggers actions and stages if the altitude falls below a number
    * Radial fuel controllers that control fuel lines' flow
    * In-line fuel controller that controls fuel flow
    * Flameout detectors for jet engines
    * A fuel valve

------------------------------

About the pack:

Smart Parts control action groups and some other features (light, SAS). Gear control is too unreliable to be added. Most Smart Parts offer a "Select" tweakable that controls the desired action; the field above shows the selected action.

Installation Instructions
    -------------------------
    Before updating remove old Klockheed Martian Parts and, if using Space Shuttle Engines, update them.

Staging Controllers (also check example crafts Firefly and Explorer)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Staging Controllers must be attached to a fuel tank or SRB. The device detects when the attached fuel tank has drained and then, depending on the device, can fire an action group or stage.
    Staging indicators can be made by assigning a light to an action group and automatically triggering that action group from via proper stager.
    How to use the Staging Controllers (also check example crafts Firefly and Explorer)

Fuel Breakers and Controllers
    -------------------------------
    Controls fuel drain via action groups and a context menu. Breakers break one large fuel tank into segments that fuel lines can individually drain, far less shifting overall center of mass.

Radio Controller
    -------------------
    Sends events to other radio controllers on a channel. All radio controllers in range (typically < 2000 m) will execute the command if the channel matches. You can also set the throttle and heading of remote vessels.

Timer
    ------
    Triggers a delayed staging or action group event. The staging event is executed on the vessel to which the timer is attached, therefore able to trigger a timed action even on an inactive vessel (e.g., a separated booster).

Valve
    ------
    Drains excess fuel. It can drain LF, LFO and RCS. Attach it to the tank of a resource that you would like to drain.

Changelog:

V0.1 Initial release
    V0.2 Trigger improvements
    * Heading control over radio
    * Improved altimeter device (thanks to Firov)
    * Bugfix in the timer code
    * Fixed overly long part names
    * Added example craft
    * Corrected size descriptions of fuel breakers
    V0.3 Smart Parts Update and New Example Craft
    * Added example craft for smart parts
    * Minor fixes for smart parts
    * Optimized altimeter scale
    * Made fuel detector more robust against remaining fuel in empty tanks
    * New KM_Lib.dll
    V0.3 Fuel Valve and Detail Improvements
    * Activation and deactivation action group commands for altimeter and fuel detector
    * Beep command to beep when a condition occurs
    * Fuel valve to drain excess fuel
    * Staging for the timer
    * Improved fuel drain detection (should not fire prematurely)
    V0.4 Improved fuel sensor, valve and altimeter
    * The stager now works with any resource (including electric charge and custom resources)
    * The valve now works with any resource (excluding electric charge). Other resources (e.g., real fuels should work, too.)
    * Removed double word in descriptions
    * Tweakable added to allow removal of timer staging icon
    * Altimeter altitude detection logic tweaked. Now works over water and buildings!
    * Altimeter no longer requires specifiying if it fires "above" or "below"
    * Altimeter now supports automatic reset as a result of above change
    V0.5 Improved parts and bugfixes
    * Fixed bug that resulted in a lack of physics on parts ejected by altimeter
    * Fixed bug that created an empty stage whenever staging was activated by a SmartPart
    * Fuel valve now generates minimal amount of thrust and can be staged
    * Timer timescales adjusted. Added 0-30 seconds in .2 second increments and .5 to 60 minutes in .5 minute increments

NOTE:When updating to V5.0 It is recommended to

replace old timers/altimeters/valves on saved ships with new ones to prevent minor tweakables GUI flaws

V2.0 New KM Folder Structure and .24.1 compatibility
    * Recompiled with .net 3.5
    * New folder structure
    * !!! Please delete all 23.5 Klockheed Martian Folders before installation

Installation:
    -----------------
    Important! Please follow the steps EVERY TIME you update a Klockheed Martian Mod! All public releases are located here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r93q90vpb...4h1_WtfFGa/KSP

a) Download the latest version of the base Klockheed Martian Mod from here. It is just called "Klockheed_Martian".
    b) Download the desired Klockheed Martian mods (e.g., Klockheed_Martian_SSE for Space Shuttle Engines).
    c) Delete the Klockheed Martian base folder (GameData\Klockheed_Martian).
    d) If you update mod, delete its folder too (e.g., GameData\Klockheed_Martian_SSE)
    d) Unzip both files and copy the GameData folders to your GameData Folder.

The base folder is required for common plugin functionality that is shared by all Klockheed Martian mods.

Credits and Acknowledgments
    Thanks to Duxwing for copy-editing SSE's and SmartParts front page and README.
    SmartParts uses Swamp-Ig's KSPAPIExtensions.

License
    -----------------------------
    This work is shared under Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license.
    You may use it for non commercial as long as you do not change or extend it (share as is) and as long as you give credit to the author in the download and on the download page.
    Please contact me if you wish to modify or extend the code.
    Author: dtobi and Firov

Last edited by dtobi; 27th July 2014 at 04:09.

COOL! (10 char limit ahhhH!)

Kerbal Space Industries Hyomoto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uh, awesome? I have to ask though, some of these parts, the fuel breaks, are part of your SSE pack. Will they conflict? ... Ah heck, I'll just give it a try. I think I speak for EVERYONE when I say, "A timer? Uh ... YES. FINALLY."

EDIT: I see you also updated SSE, still, I can give feedback on these parts here.
    Last edited by Hyomoto; 30th December 2013 at 21:04.
    0.23.5 Career Accomplishments

Current Mission: Grave Robber - the KRA attempts to undercut KSI financing via a rogue trip to Duna!

Watch Kerpollo!
    KSI MFD for RPM

Feedback is very very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyomoto View Post
    Uh, awesome? I have to ask though, some of these parts, the fuel breaks, are part of your SSE pack. Will they conflict? ... Ah heck, I'll just give it a try.
    These parts are also part of SSE. I just updated SSE to contain all of these. Just make sure you run SSE 0.9.1 and you'll be fine.

Capsule Communicator The Destroyer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How does "Remote control" work?
    Awesome gif by TheFighterC4:

Dragons. Working dragons.http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...40#post1224340
    Dangers of Hyperedit: Kraken comes to dinner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK5NWFfIEIE
    Special Delivery! -NEW- http://youtu.be/IimAcIxPrUY

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    How does "Remote control" work?

The readme says:

How to use the Radio Controller
    -----------------------------------
    The radio controller can send events to remote vessels with other radio controllers that operate on the same channel. All radio controllers in range (typically < 2000 m) will execute the command if the channel matches. You can also set the throttle of remote vessels.

basically you just slap one radio on each vessel and as soon as they are in rendering range (~ 2 km) you can issues commands to the other vessel. You can also bind transmission events to action groups. So you can just hit a key (say 7) and trigger transmission of Action Group 7 (or 5 or any other) to it. The radio will transmit it to ALL ships in range on the same channel and they will execute the action group 7 binding (or 5 or any other you specify). You can also set RCS, SAS, fire stages, turn on and off lights...

Quote Originally Posted by dtobi View Post
    The readme says:

How to use the Radio Controller
    -----------------------------------
    The radio controller can send events to remote vessels with other radio controllers that operate on the same channel. All radio controllers in range (typically < 2000 m) will execute the command if the channel matches. You can also set the throttle of remote vessels.

basically you just slap one radio on each vessel and as soon as they are in rendering range (~ 2 km) you can issues commands to the other vessel. You can also bind transmission events to action groups. So you can just hit a key (say 7) and trigger transmission of Action Group 7 (or 5 or any other) to it. The radio will transmit it to ALL ships in range on the same channel and they will execute the action group 7 binding (or 5 or any other you specify). You can also set RCS, SAS, fire stages, turn on and off lights...

Can I make it have a hot pot of coffee waiting for me after rendezvous and docking?

Quote Originally Posted by NotCoach View Post
    Can I make it have a hot pot of coffee waiting for me after rendezvous and docking?
    Well, if you can bind the coffee maker to an action group, sure! ;-)

Can you change fuel flow braker dimensions 1, 1.5, 2, 3.25m -> 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5m ?