Smart Parts Pack
- Auto-staging device that detects empty tanks and SRBs
- Timer that triggers stages and action groups after a countdown
- Remote controller that triggers actions on nearby vessels
- Altimeter device that triggers actions and stages once a user defined altitude is reached
- Radial fuel controllers that control fuel lines' flow
- In-line fuel controller that controls fuel flow
- A fuel valve to dump excess fuel and produce slight thrust
About the Pack:
Smart Parts can trigger all 10 action groups, as well as various other functionality such as SAS, lights, stage, or abort.
The Staging Controllers can be attached to any part that contains a resource. The device detects when the selected resource is depleted on that tank and then fires the selected action group or stage. Fully supports real fuels.
Fuel Breakers and Controllers
Controls fuel drain via action groups and a context menu. Breakers break one large fuel tank into segments that fuel lines can individually drain, far less shifting overall center of mass.
Sends events to other radio controllers on a channel. All radio controllers in range (typically < 2000 m) will execute the command if the channel matches. You can also set the throttle and heading of remote vessels.
Triggers a delayed staging or action group event. The staging event is executed on the vessel to which the timer is attached, therefore able to trigger a timed action even on an inactive vessel (e.g., a separated booster). The timer itself can be activated via staging.
Drains any excess resources, except electricity. Attach it to the tank that you would like to drain and then activate via action group or staging. Produces a small amount of thrust, useful for nudging external tanks away from the main craft. Fully supports real fuels.
Capable of detecting when the craft hits a specified altitude, and if it's ascending, descending, or either, and then firing an action group or staging. Useful for auto-jettisoning fairings on ascent, or activating parachutes on landing.
- v0.1.0 Initial release
- v0.2.0 Trigger improvements
- Heading control over radio
- Improved altimeter device (Thanks to Firov)
- Bugfix in the timer code
- Fixed overly long part names
- Added example craft
- Corrected size descriptions of fuel breakers
- v1.0.0 Smart Parts Update and New Example Craft
- Added example craft for smart parts
- Minor fixes for smart parts
- Optimized altimeter scale
- Made fuel detector more robust against remaining fuel in empty tanks
- New KM_Lib.dll
- v1.1.0 Fuel Valve and Detail Improvements
- Activation and deactivation action group commands for altimeter and fuel detector
- Beep command to beep when a condition occurs
- Fuel valve to drain excess fuel
- Staging for the timer
- Improved fuel drain detection (should not fire prematurely)
- v1.2.0 Improved fuel sensor, valve and altimeter
- The stager now works with any resource (including electric charge and custom resources)
- The valve now works with any resource (excluding electric charge). Other resources (e.g., real fuels should work, too.)
- Removed double word in descriptions
- Tweakable added to allow removal of timer staging icon
- Altimeter altitude detection logic tweaked. Now works over water and buildings!
- Altimeter no longer requires specifiying if it fires "above" or "below"
- Altimeter now supports automatic reset as a result of above change
- v1.3.0 Improved parts and bugfixes
- Fixed bug that resulted in a lack of physics on parts ejected by altimeter
- Fixed bug that created an empty stage whenever staging was activated by a SmartPart
- Fuel valve now generates minimal amount of thrust and can be staged
- Timer timescales adjusted. Added 0-30 seconds in .2 second increments and .5 to 60 minutes in .5 minute increments
- v1.4.0 Upgraded GUI, Improved parts, and KSP .24 compatibility
- Compatibility with KSP .24
- Implemented new GUI to allow more control of Smart Parts
- Improved Stager
- Works with any resources, including electricity or custom resources
- Allows user to select resource to monitor in VAB/SPH
- Allows user to select target percentage
- Improved Fuel Controller
- Crossfeed tweakable now accessible in VAB/SPH
- Removed redundant fuel controller ("ON")
- v1.4.1 KSP .24.1 compatibility
- KSP .24.1 compatibility
- v1.4.2 KSP .24.2 compatibility
- KSP .24.2 compatibility
- v1.4.3 Updated KSPAPIExtension and Real Fuels compatbility
- Updated KSPAPIExtension to 1.7.0
- Auto stager now fully supports Real Fuels and will auto update on tank resource change
- No longer dependant on km_lib.dll
- v1.4.4 Updated KSPAPIExtension to add KSP 0.25 compatibility
- Compatibility update for KSP 0.25
- Updated KSPAPIExtension to 1.7.1
- v1.4.5 Updated KSPAPIExtension to add KSP 0.90 compatibility and bug fixes
- Compatibility update for KSP 0.90
- Updated KSPAPIExtension to 1.7.2
- Hopefully fixed bug affecting timer firing upon save load or scene change
- v1.5.1 Added support for KSP-AVC and changed "brand"
- Added full support for Action Groups Extended (Thanks to Diazo)
- Added support for KSP-AVC
- Changed "brand" from Klockheed Martian to prevent mod incompatibilities
- Please delete old Smart Parts folder before installing v1.5.1
Important! Please follow the steps EVERY TIME you update Smart Parts! All public releases are located here:
Smart Parts Release Page
- Download the latest version of Smart Parts
- If you are updating the mod, delete the old Smart Parts folder (eg. Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts)
- Unzip the Release.zip archive into the GameData directory
Credits and Acknowledgments
SmartParts uses Swamp-Ig's KSPAPIExtensions
SmartParts uses cybutek's Add-on Version Checker
This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.
This work is shared under Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
Author: dtobi and Firov